Days of Our Lives - Wed. Sept. 1, 2010

Rafe believes in honesty ..... near the beginning of the show, he tells Sami to 'Remember, I always tell you the truth' ... so, at the first opportunity, she gets a call from Kate about the kids, and lies to Rafe. If he knew the true content of that call, he, the FBI & the PD could have been put on high alert!
Sami may be on the way back .... but she still has not made it all the way .... she's being a dumb twit!

As far as EJ and the gun .... we are to believe that Stefano allows a fully loaded gun, with silencer to be in an easily opened drawer that can accessed by the kids!

And the shooting, even with the mirror images, the way I 'see' it .... EJ held the gun in his right hand, which means when he put it to his head, it would have been the right side. When Sami walked in, apparently seconds later (if he actually pulled trigger) there was no sign of blood (the right side was visible) .... after Sami fired, there was blood all over the right side ???

The strange thing is, I thought I remembered that EJ was a lefty, .... from signing something or ?? I was surprised when he held the gun in his right hand. Anyone else 'know' if he's a lefty or not?

I wouldn't put too much stock in the gun and which hand and switched hands etc...continuity isn't a big concern over at Days.....Ian's hair, wardrobe, blooming tummies, windows, etc etc etc......

In Wednesday's show, EJ is reminding me of Cal (actor Billy Zane) in Titanic; he even has the same lock of hair falling over his forehead like Cal did when Cal was enraged over Rose and Jack.

I was going to mention also the switch of the hands and the gun... he does sign papers left handed and the gun started out there in the clips then moved to the right hand when he was passed out- you can see him breathing (his chest is going up and down in the clips)
Also his head is moved from side to side in the clips also.
there also was no visable blood till after Sami's shot and yes the gun had on a slilencer -EJ tightens it in one scene.

Different point~ Just hope Nicole's comments to Daniel do not come back to haunt her ... the ones being afraid for her life from EJ and her having to do something about that... does she get so drunk that she cannot remember clearly what she does after Daniel goes to bed??

Also all of a sudden WIll is missing -did he go to the house too?? Was he going ot talk to EJ??

Another point ~ Kate is Grandma to the kids... so technically Sami was not lying...not totally telling all but not lying... I did not hear her say "My grandma" could have missed it though..

I just watched and when Rafe asks Sami who she was talking to, she said "my grandma".....

I wouldn't put too much stock in the gun and which hand and switched hands etc...continuity isn't a big concern over at Days.....Ian's hair, wardrobe, blooming tummies, windows, etc etc etc......

That's true; when Sami went to Rafe's, prior to their tumble between the sheets, her hair was down and she had on that funky, sort of tie-dyed cardigan.

When she goes to confront EJ, her hair is pulled back nicely and she has on a hoodie (and maybe even a different tank top too).

What did she do, slip out of bed, root around through her overnight bag for a clean hoodie, get dressed, slip on a pair of sky-high peep-toe pumps and pull her hair back into a nice chignon?

What did she do, slip out of bed, root around through her overnight bag for a clean hoodie, get dressed, slip on a pair of sky-high peep-toe pumps and pull her hair back into a nice chignon?

Well of course, gotta look good for the cameras. HA!

That's true; when Sami went to Rafe's, prior to their tumble between the sheets, her hair was down and she had on that funky, sort of tie-dyed cardigan.

When she goes to confront EJ, her hair is pulled back nicely and she has on a hoodie (and maybe even a different tank top too).

I didn't see Sami take an over night bag when she and Rafe left the Pub to go to Rafe's place and I don't think I've ever seen her at Rafe's place before now so that she may have a change of clothes there. OOPS...something was missed in the details. Although Sami did look great in her killer outfit!

Of course Sami had to look just right for the scene of her shooting EJ, that clip is going be played over and over again, used in videos about the awesomeness that is Sami Gene, screen caps of the scene will be printed and framed.... right... no, just me then....:D

Sami did look better than ... maybe ever ... in that scene where she went looking for EJ. Loved the updo and the casual sweatshirt over the gray tank top. Very hobo chic.

I'm not sure what I think of throwing Daniel and Nicole together and having Daniel be her knight in shining armor. I guess Bo's otherwise engaged, or he would have done it.

Kate is just stunning. There must be a portrait in her closet that's getting older, but she's just getting better. Interesting how Stefano told her he loves her, but she wasn't really buying it.

Thanks for play-by-play, Barb!

I liked Stefano tell Kate that he's going to make things right with Will, not because she threatened him, but because he loves her. IDK, something cute in a very dysfunctional way.

I liked that scene with Stefano and Kate also.... and if it were anyone but Stefano I would have believed him when he told Kate that he loves her. It sounded genuine and sweet but like Kate said Dimeras lie... it sounded genuine but actions speak louder than words. We talk a lot about onscreen chemistry here and I think that can apply to more than just romantic chemistry. Kate and Stefano have chemistry together, maybe not romantic, and definitely not a healthy relationship but if I were brand new to Days, I would definitely be into them as a couple.

OMG- This episode was amazing. All of the actors did a stupendous job. I was on the edge of my seat the whole show. I think Rafe has kind of an ESP with Sami. It is kind of like when Bo used to sense that Hope was in trouble. EJ is down right scary when he is drunk. I loved the whole show.

Nicole's rage at EJ on the dock was right on. Especially pointing out how crule he was by telling that little boy (Johnny) his sister was dead. Although EJ responded by telling Niki, "I told him it was fine", EJ didn't understand that this was abuse. As was the time EJ pulled the toy out of Johnny's hand.

Did anyone else see the blank stare in Rafe's eyes when he told Sami "we know how to fight him (EJ) and pay him back at the same time", not to worry all she has to do is get soul custody of the kids. Then Mr. FBI proceeds to tell Sami she has to negotiate with him to get full custody by threatening to tell Johnny what EJ did. More blackmail, haven't they learned blackmail doesn't work, the truth always comes out not necessarily favorably. Is there something else going on with Rafe than meets the eye with him advising Sami to break the law, like she hasn't done enough.

Look out Chloe, Nicole, your best friend, is looking for another knight on a white horse to save her and Daniel is in her sights. I can see it now, Daniel finds out about Chloe's indiscretion and there is Niki waiting to comfort him.

When Caroline was talking to Will she said "the head honcho Stefano DiMera had to have been aware of EJ's actions". In defense of Stefano, if I'm not mistaken, didn't he find out about the kidnapping afterward when EJ had already decided to not take it any further? Stefano really didn't help EJ.

It does appear that EJ did not shoot himself. The gun was in his right hand and there was no blood on the right side of his head until Sami shot him. Gee I was hoping Sami wasn't the shooter, but I can always hope for it all being a dream.

It did seem as tho EJ was facing his right side, but after Sami shot, his face was turned to his left. And remember his body shuddering, the glass dropping from his hand. He could have turned his head at that point, EXPOSING the wound for the lst time.

I will have to check my tapes over the weekend.

Nicole's rage at EJ on the dock was right on. Especially pointing out how crule he was by telling that little boy (Johnny) his sister was dead. Although EJ responded by telling Niki, "I told him it was fine", EJ didn't understand that this was abuse. As was the time EJ pulled the toy out of Johnny's hand..

ITA!! I can't believe in all of my excitement over Sami that I forgot to give kudos to Nicole - awesome dialogue and delivery!!!

Did anyone else see the blank stare in Rafe's eyes when he told Sami "we know how to fight him (EJ) and pay him back at the same time", not to worry all she has to do is get soul custody of the kids. Then Mr. FBI proceeds to tell Sami she has to negotiate with him to get full custody by threatening to tell Johnny what EJ did. More blackmail, haven't they learned blackmail doesn't work, the truth always comes out not necessarily favorably. Is there something else going on with Rafe than meets the eye with him advising Sami to break the law, like she hasn't done enough.

I don't think negotiating a custody agreement is the same as blackmail. It's not like they were planning to use the tape to get money from him. People work out custody arrangements in exchange for more favorable community property settlements or to avoid having their drinking problem, etc. made public knowledge by going to court about it. If Sami telling EJ something like she will use the tape in a custody battle (it doesn't matter whether it would hold up or not so long as it got admitted into the record) that could become public information that his kids could someday learn about is blackmail, then I know a lot of folks who are guilty of it. .... As for the blank stare on Rafe, I can't read anything into that because he always seems to have that exact look to me.

When Caroline was talking to Will she said "the head honcho Stefano DiMera had to have been aware of EJ's actions". In defense of Stefano, if I'm not mistaken, didn't he find out about the kidnapping afterward when EJ had already decided to not take it any further? Stefano really didn't help EJ.

You are correct; Stefano did not help EJ plan or execute Sydney's kidnapping.

Steffee-no, I don't think that Nicole was setting her sites on Daniel at all. She takes her friends to heart, and Chloe is her best friend. I don't think Nicole would go there out of respect for Chloe. I think she's not used to having men help her without having a hidden agenda or other motive.

I think that she's breaking down emotionally, and all that she's done is coming back to her.

Back