Days renewed for 2 years!

Very nice I'm sure for all the people who work to make Days happen. And a 2 year renewal should have quite a few of the children aging into their own storylines.

I read where the show has been signing some actors onto contracts in an "if" deal.......Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) was one, & I forget the other one. Aaahhh, just remembered. It is Jackee Harry (Paulina) who had been "recurring"....but now has full time status.

Last edited:
Robert Wilson (Ben)????? Really, why? Are we going to get hours of him moping about for his true love? That is just vomit inducing. Ron won't recast for the part of Ciara so we could have them join John as junior detectives. That could be fun.

I do however look forward to whatever Paulina brings. I am really enjoying her.

I'm glad, but I'm also holding my breath. They need to get their act together and raise the quality of the storytelling.

Shocked and stunned to see that the show has received a multi-year renewal. I honestly thought it was on its last legs, as in my opinion, it has been on a downward trajectory (quality-wise) the last decade or so and especially since this current head writer took over. Like other members here, I am not a fan of his style of writing and for me most of the storylines are quite terrible and this show is nothing like the Days I grew up watching.

Wishful thinking here but I hope this renewal includes an increase in the budget (at least a slight one) or at the very least a change to the crazy shooting schedule that Days follows which does not allow fans to have any influence over the show like they did back in the day. Shooting months in advance no longer allows for changes to be made to storylines or character pairings and I think this has had a very detrimental effect on the show.

Unfortunately, I don't think the current head writer is going anywhere as I believe TPTB at Days will see this multi-year renewal as a vote of confidence and will likely keep the current regime in place. If I were in charge, I would clean house, get rid of everyone that has decision making authority over storylines & cast members. I would bring back Sheri Anderson as head writer and get rid of the executive producer. They fired the wrong one in my opinion.

Back