Days renewed for 2 years!

Well said. Especially the part about Sheri Anderson.

Thanks.

Old school fan here and Sheri was at the helm during my favorite era (mid 80s to early 90s) and from what I have read was responsible for creating many of Days greatest super couples and all of my favorites, Bo and Hope, John and Marlena, Patch and Kayla, Tony and Anna DiMera and Shane and Kimberly. :) It would be great to see her at the helm again to see what kind of storylines she would write.

I read where the show has been signing some actors onto contracts in an "if" deal.......Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) was one, & I forget the other one. Aaahhh, just remembered. It is Jackee Harry (Paulina) who had been "recurring"....but now has full time status.

Jackee Harry's (Paulina) been on contract since she joined the show, so that part of the Deadline story is wrong.

There are several books available that trace all the years of Days of Our Lives. Perhaps the current writers need to read them so they can have some background on the history of the show and the characters.

That's a novel idea. Writers trying to review the prior years of a show that they did not write so they know the background of everyone. I bet they never thought of that or plain didn't care. I opt that it is the second scenario, didn't care enough.

There are several books available that trace all the years of Days of Our Lives. Perhaps the current writers need to read them so they can have some background on the history of the show and the characters.

That's a novel idea. Writers trying to review the prior years of a show that they did not write so they know the background of everyone. I bet they never thought of that or plain didn't care. I opt that it is the second scenario, didn't care enough.

I had gotten the impression from somewhere (old brain not working), that that was the reason they brought Sheri Anderson on as consultant when they hired Ron. Obviously he didn't want to listen.

I certainly don't know what happened behind the scenes, I only surmise that from Sheri leaving, and then the demise of Greg Meng (Co-Executive Producer and keeper of much Days history), Ron doesn't care about the history.

I get the impression that Ron is only impressed with his own story ideas, even if they are utter garbage, and to heck with what everyone else thinks!

It's great that the show is renewed for two more years, but it's not going to mean much if there are not any shake ups behind the scenes. We need a new headwriter/co headwriter, and a new EP.

Back