Departing...arriving part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not on the EJ bandwagon. Hated the character, hated his storylines, detested his pairing with Sami, and loathed her constantly mentioning him on her "visits" to Salem.

Don't have anything against the actor, just very disappointed that the character is to return.

What I want to know is how long has EJ been out of his toilet paper wrappings and able to conduct business (i.e., transferring $10 million to Xander's account)? Why didn't he come to Salem after Sami was arrested when it was believed she killed Charlie? Such explanations are easy to explain when he was incapacitated but if he is fully functional where has he been? I hope they give us a reasonable explanation.

It will be interesting to see the reactions of EJ fans to the "new" EJ. I always suspected he was mostly liked because of the actor's appeal, rather than the character. I liked the actor and the character in the beginning but once he got involved with Sami the character became so distasteful to me, I completely lost interest in the actor as well.

Sorry, not on the EJ bandwagon. Hated the character, hated his storylines, detested his pairing with Sami, and loathed her constantly mentioning him on her "visits" to Salem.

Spot on Poirot!

This sums up how I feel about EJ, this character should have stayed dead in my opinion. Let sleeping dogs lie as the expression goes.

Not an EJ fan but since he is coming back, maybe they can finally put an end to the Sami and EJ pairing. Maybe revisit EJ and Abby or maybe EJ and Ava would make a good pairing.

Don't have anything against the actor, just very disappointed that the character is to return.
Amen. Who needs EJ back? He'd worn out his welcome long before Clyde's thug put a bullet into him. That said, if he has to come back, here are a few scenes that I might like to see.
  • EJ gets smart with Xander who promptly gives him the same treatment that Rafe once did.
  • EJ tries to represent some Salem lowlife, such as Jan, and is promptly disbarred for professional misconduct
  • EJ appears at the Pub and is promptly pitched into the street by a couple of waiters.
  • EJ gets involved with Chanel who swindles him out of all his money.
  • Chad won't let EJ stay at the DiMansion. He becomes homeless and even Jack won't take him in.
  • Desperate for cash, EJ returns to his drug dealing ways. He's promptly arrested and Melinda finally gets the high-profile conviction that she's been longing for.

While I was not a fan of EJ's and totally disliked him with Sami, that whole love of my life with my rapist thing was disgusting, I am looking forward to EJ moving into the DiMera mansion and tossing everyone out. Jake isn't a DiMera, Chad isn't a DiMera, yes I recognize their blood connection but Chad's mother did everything she could to keep Chad away from Stefano, and Jake never knew the man OR his birth mother so he really has no claims on anything. Gabi married into the family and doesn't deserve the house either.

Since folks apparently thought bringing EJ back, he needs to clean house literally. And bring his two children to Salem.

I don't know, robin. Chad is a much a DiMera as EJ is. Chad had a relationship with Stefano at end of his life and didn't Susan keep EJ away from him for years?

I was not a big EJ fan, but I didn't hate him. It probably helped that I wasn't watching when he famously raped Sami, so I don't have that scene in my brain. I watched before that and after that. I HATED the way they put Sami and him back together after she cheated on Rafe. Then, I hated the way Sami took him back after he slept with Abigail.

However, James Scott (EJ) had a ton of charisma. A ton. He had a Paul Telfer (Xander) level of appeal, so it will be interesting to see if the new actor is as watchable as those men. It goes beyond just being handsome. There are lots of handsome or beautiful soap actors and actresses who don't inspire a following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back