Departing...arriving part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, post #20 by Kat notes that John-Paul Lavoisier is returning as Philip. He's the one that DrBakerFan jokingly referred to as Shaggy Phil.

days-of-our-lives-philip-victor-lavoisier-aniston.jpeg

If I remember right, Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) was no longer interested in acting, which is why the recast. No idea if that has changed, or, if Philip returns, who would be playing him. Actors do change their minds after a nice rest from the rat race. But who knows.

Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) did say he wasn't interested in acting, and they recast. However, then he came back for the last go around. I'm not sure if he's gone back to saying he's not interested. Either way, I didn't hate the recast. I just don't like the other actor as much, and he wasn't around long enough to settle into the role.

Yes, post #20 by Kat notes that John-Paul Lavoisier is returning as Philip. He's the one that DrBakerFan jokingly referred to as Shaggy Phil.

days-of-our-lives-philip-victor-lavoisier-aniston.jpeg
This is great news. Recently, against all odds, I got to write “Bo Brady is a criminal” again and now I get to refer to “Shaggy Phil.” Life is good.

terribly underwritten like all the character's incarnations.
I feel like expanding on this a bit - it's downright insulting that the son of Victor Kiriakis and Kate Roberts skulked out of town without fanfare. He was the only child of Victor's (or Kate's) born on the show, and has been part of major storylines since pre-birth.

I don't understand why Victor/Titan stories (not that most of them make a lot of sense) always forget Victor's one true legitimate heir (at least as legit as anyone in Salem ever gets), or why Philip's never had a love interest of his own (why must he share with his nephews?).

It's both aggravating and mystifying.

:beat:

I like Tamara Braun as Ava but would much rather see Kasssie Depaiva come back as Eve!
I agree. I really liked her especially when she was trying to be a better person. Let’s face it, Rafe and Nicole did her wrong, and then it’s almost insult upon injury that Rafe and Nicole only stayed together for a hot second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back