Departing.... arriving Part 4

I am confused by the dates.... Friday January 8 2020 according to the picture..... but they will be back Jan 21... in a flash back I get that part..... maybe the picture was released a day early? taken in Australia?

Either way I'll be happy to see them back.... hopefully they will be a couple.....

Link from https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/comings-and-goings/

Actress Marie Wilson will reprise her role of Summer Townsend on Days of our Lives later this month. Wilson last appeared on the NBC soap opera in July 2016 in a storyline that revealed her character as a troubled young woman that Maggie Horton had given up for adoption as a baby. Soaps.com can reveal that Wilson will be back onscreen as Summer on January 21.

I agree, Heather. Summer was one of the most useless characters in the show's history.

However, I'm wondering about the purpose of Orpheus' return? Since this is the flashback week and not the time of the time jump, he's not part of Steveno and Gina's plot to split up John and Marlena.

if they are trying to make this show unwatchable..... tptb (the powers that be) are doing a darn fine job......:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
I'm in complete agreement. Who in the world wanted Orpheus back? And if it's a dream, it had better propel some character development and not be a wacky, over-the-top nightmare episode. (Also is Jan 22 in the Flashback week or not?)

Let me guess here....Both Summer & Orpheus are appearing in flashbacks as to "what happened last year" during the week of 1/20. Is summer the person "from her past" that shows up at Maggie's door? Does Maggie then get upset for whatever reason and that is what starts her drinking?
As to Orpheus.....hmmm. when Clyde, Xander escaped prison, Orpheus was there, too. So,.....either someone is having a memory of interaction with him in prison, or he shows up in Salem...leading to some sort of altercation or problem. ???? GUESSING!!!!

Poirot, I too suspect that the return of the supposedly dead Orpheus has something to do with a Clyde jailbreak. Could creepy Clyde really escape from prison without help? As for the return of psycho Summer, it's like a bad joke come true. If the writers had a sense of humor, they'd have her meet her one-time benefactor, Brady, who says something like, "OMG, not you again. Go away. We don't want you here." Of all the people they could bring back why her? It would be more fun to see jailbirds Gus, Vargas, and Dr. Baker again. Even the diabolical Dr. Trent Robbins would be preferable. If he returned to cause havoc, it would at least partially redeem Julie's beloved Tricky Nicky by revealing that he really wasn't a murderer after all.

Last edited:
The only way I'd take Summer's return is if it's short and she is on her 12 step apology tour and apologizes to Maggie. Summer explains she's a grifter and wanted to make amends, she is in no way related to Maggie, admits to killing that poor dude and goes to jail, never to be seen or heard from again.

They could've easily made Summer and Daniel siblings by saying her father was George Jonas (Daniel's father). Or, if they really wanted to cause issues for Maggie, said that Summer was born from another one of Maggie's stolen eggs, but carried by someone else. No, instead, we got that awful rewrite of history with Maggie having a teenage pregnancy and thinking her baby had died at birth.

Complete speculation (and if already mentioned, apologies). Didn't Jordan say that David's dad was a bad man? Could he be Orpheus? Could Evan be Orpheus' son? Could Orpheus have something to do with Jordan's murder? Don't know how that would tie in to Victor and Xander though. Again, just a wild theory on a windy Saturday afternoon.

Back