Departing.... arriving Part 4

Here was Orpheus' last scene, when he died:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-tues-nov-1-2016.29364/

We see Steve running through the alley. He sees the fire and is on the phone reporting it. Next we see John and Steve enter the warehouse. Orpheus is just standing there. John runs to the burning coffins and we don’t see him or the coffins again. We see Steve struggle with Orpheus to get control of a gun. He pushes Lazlo away and accidentally shoots Orpheus. Cut to Kayla on a gurney in the alley. She wakes up freaking out and Steve calms her down. Orpheus was shot but is being worked on. Marlena is at the hospital. We never saw the women get rescued. This sequence is very heavily edited. Orpheus is pronounced dead. He had a pulse for 30 minutes and bled out. We see him covered. Note that Steve and Kayla are now standing there hugging.

This was also the day Drake Hogestyn (John) suffered the severe head injury that kept him off Days for months. The above-noted scene had to be heavily edited as a result.

Heather4CU, we know that no one ever really dies in Salem! They go to a recycling center and then come back as a new and improved version of themselves. Well, maybe not all of them. Those pesky DiMeras have died and returned one too many times. No wonder they are so grumpy.

Sorry to see Casey Moss (JJ) go, but his character was done in by the writers: they cruelly and needless killed off his long-suffering true love, Haley; Jack and Jenny have reunited; and Abigail is out of Bayview and happily married to Chad. Without a love interest and problem family members, what was there for him to do. That said, if the JJ character eventually does come back, the writers should reunite him with his old pal Rory, Salem's leading stoner. The plots have become so grim lately that an element of humor is badly needed.

I'm also sorry to see him go. I think JJ was ruined when they had him shoot Theo and then lose his job as a cop. He's in effect still acting like a cop without being one. The show needs younger cops and more cops in general. Instead they keep moving people out of the Salem PD.

I also think they should have kept him in Gabi's orbit. They had good chemistry and it would have provided great family angst with Abigail and Julie. Haley just never worked for me. A shame the show can't write well for single characters. Also a shame that they voluntarily write out younger characters. That's what they need more of not less.

Purposely starting a new post here. With the announced renewal, so far I've seen confirmations on social media that the following actors are returning to work:
  • Paul Telfer (Xander)
  • Freddie Smith (Sonny)
  • Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie)
  • Drake Hogestyn (John)
Has anyone seen anything from anyone else? Note that I'm not talking about excitement over the renewal but rather actors who have explicitly stated they are going back to film.

In any event, sounds like he wasn't killed after all.
Would it matter if he had been?

Also bummed to see JJ go. Casey Moss (JJ) is a fine actor, a Horton, a Deveraux-Johnson, and could be just about anything. (Personally I don't like cops on soaps, because the writers' fear of advancing plot forces them to be so stupid.) This is the sort of character they should fight for, make a few concessions to the actor, etc. Or perhaps they think he'll pull a Billy Flynn (Chad) and return quickly.

Back