Departing...arriving part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting news.

Jennifer leaves Salem next week

Wow, I thought Cady McClain (Jennifer) was on contract and taking over for good. I guess Missy Reeves (Jennifer) is coming back sometime in the future according to the article, hmmm.

OMG Jackee' is coming on March 1st! I have been watching "227" on the weekend too, just laughing a storm. I saw the episode where Sandra/Jackee' ends up on the "Love Connection" show lol hilarious!

Also, yes I am not fond of Vivian/Linda Dano's hair, as well, to me it looks too simple for Vivian. I mean Louise Sorel/ex Vivian would wear these elaborate hairpieces and wigs on a daily basis. We never knew when we would see Vivian with her real hair or a turban lol! But yeah, sad Vivian/Linda Dano feels over-criticized already, but I think Vivian is rather hard to recast almost as hard as Marlena or Nicole. Fans would feel utmost critical when they don't know the backstory.

Last edited:
It is not Linda Dano's (Vivian) fault. She is a great actress. I Fault the writers- a terrible plot/story. The Vivian from the 1990’s was written into great plots/stories:
With Lawrence/Nicky/Carly
With burying Carly alive
With Victor Kate and the switched embryos
With going to the sanitarium and befriending Laura and getting revenge on Kate
With her involvement with Kristen/Susan/Stefano
With her marrying Stefano and having the implant in her tooth that caused her to have mood changes
When she came back to Salem years later to exact revenge on Carly for murdering Lawrence

The recast with Robin Strasser was utter failure and an embarrassment. Totally not Vivian.

Unfortunately Linda Dano’s (Vivian) version also fell flat and was embarrassing as well. More so because the writing was just awful. And I do not want to see any other actress in the role except Louise Sorel. She owns that role and is the only person to do it well.

I agree the Vivian problem is the writing. This just seems to be what they do now for sweeps. Write a story that doesn't necessarily make much sense and hope they get the bang for the buck by bringing back a character or actor. There was zero point to this story.

I adored Linda Dano (Vivian) when she played Felicia Gallant in Another World. I used to watch that with my mother and grandmother. She is a great actress and I agree that the writing for her was really bad.

She was so happy and honored when called, as she had not done anything for some time. She is such a good actress, just a shame she had no idea the material she would be given was so lousy. Getting terrific actors is not going to "fix" the terrible stories, written dialogue, neither will stunt casting. Guess that is all done to perhaps try and "cover" the bad writing.

I don't think it was the writing as far as Linda Dano being accepted as Vivian. She is a good actor so it wasn't her fault either.

I truly think that no matter who tries to fill Louise Sorel's shoes as Vivian and no matter how good the writing, they will not be accepted. The image of Louise as Vivian is burned in our memories and that is who we truly see as Viv!

1613670616416.png

Linda Dano could have easily pulled off the over the top Vivian, even that hat, lol. She could have been forewarned about the reception of Robin Strasser's version, so kept it all low key. I don't know, maybe the director's fault, too. However, the storyline & dialogue from the writers don't hold up. Just my opinion.

Her portrayal of Felicia Gallant was "over the top" if I remember correctly. She was a glamorous romance author so it is safe to assume she would be on the flamboyant side. I agree with Poirot, she could have really made her Vivian over the top. I think it was a combination of a dumb story and dumber writing. Plus, we were expecting to see the old Vivian and we didn't.

I don't think it was the writing as far as Linda Dano being accepted as Vivian. She is a good actor so it wasn't her fault either.

I truly think that no matter who tries to fill Louise Sorel's shoes as Vivian and no matter how good the writing, they will not be accepted. The image of Louise as Vivian is burned in our memories and that is who we truly see as Viv!

View attachment 6129
The only thing they got right was Vivian's signature turban that Linda Dano (Vivian) did pull off in her imaginary flashbacks dancing with Stefan and Jake, lol! Added bonus the writers threw that in!

I hope she doesn't regret doing it. I love Linda Dano (Vivian) and was thrilled to see her back on any show, bad writing or not, just enjoyed seeing her on the screen. Was a big Another World fan. I think the writers missed the boat, they should have brought her on as a new character coming to town with her friend, Julie's brother, Steven Olson (played by Stephen Schnetzer, Cass from Another World).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back