Departing...arriving part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, after her first couple of weeks around, I adjusted and actually didn't mind her in the role. I feel like she kind of gave Jennifer a little (just a little) spunk. Kinda makes me wonder if Melissa Reeves (old Jennifer) is in talks to come back sometime this year?

I agree. I finally saw her as Jennifer especially during the last couple of weeks.

Nice to see you posting, missharleyquinn

Just as I am beginning to really like the new Jennifer, the actress is leaving. I think, given time, that recast could have worked.

The new Vivian is just not working. I love Linda Dano but we have had so many short term recasts of Vivian that it is much harder to accept anyone else in that role.

She had shown pictures online of her gorgeous signature hairstyle being cut and reshaped to play the part. In my opinion should've left it alone. It made her look glamorous instead of dowdy. Maybe that was the point?? The show may have wanted her to be toned down after the over the top flamboyancy of the previous actress to play Vivian.

I just read an interview with Linda Dano (Vivan) and now I feel bad for not liking her version of Vivian. She said that people were actually critical of her playing Vivian. She is friends with Louise Sorel (original Vivian) and felt that she was doing a favor for a friend. She also said that she was thrilled to get a call to work at her age.

I guess I was thinking only of the character and not the person playing that part.

Linda Dano (Vivian) is a legend, but I feel like Vivian is one of those roles that needs super-flamboyance. I think if she would've come on-screen in a different way and not in the midst of a kidnapping story, it would have made for a better adjustment. I really never thought I would be okay with seeing someone who isn't Eileen Davidson (old Kristen) play Susan, but the current actress is doing really well in both roles.

I thought Evan was in jail. How does he get out to kill Rhodes?

Well, Rhodes is at the prison, visiting Orpheus.........these writers take great liberties, as we all well know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back