Departing...arriving part 9

The current storyline has killed my interest in Ciara.

The one thing that would make me change my mind is if Ciara returns to interrupt a news conference by Abe.

Ciara "Why don't you tell them how you encouraged your slimeball DiMera-spawned son to take advantage of me when I lost part of my memory? I'm sure they'd love to hear such a lovely heartwarming story, eh Mayor Craver?"

It is a shame when the writing for characters changes their personalities and traits. I liked Ciara at first (this actress) but.....this exit story is for the birds. Writers KNEW Greg Vaughan (Eric) was leaving, so married Eric & Nicole, then terrible exit story. They KNEW Victoria Konefal (Ciara) was leaving, so...marry her and then...terrible exit story!

I liked Ben, & he obviously was mentally ill......but...the only time we saw him strangle anyone was Will........and it wasn't with a necktie. He could possibly be exonerated, been drugged, brainwashed into believing he killed all the women, when it was someone else (even Clyde!) But he really overcame his demons, with the help of his meds.

Meanwhile, I have a sickening feeling that Days is going to be cancelled. It seems the "negotiations" for new contract are taking wayyy too long. Days will be pre-empted for 2 weeks in July/August for Olympics, 7/23-8/8), so only GUESSING they will do some kind of cliff-hanger end of July, return, and spend rest of month tying up whatever loose ends remain...putting couples together, breaking them up, moving them out of town, or whatever. Hope I am wrong.

We can do what we want. That's the beauty of freedom. That is if the people in charge of this website want to continue!

Wayne owns the site, and is the "Wizard Behind the Curtain". (We affectionately named him that after the Wizard of Oz.) Poirot is the site Administrator, and Just Samantha is the Super Moderator. It would be up to them whether the site is continued or not.

Speaking of ... Isn't it about time that we should be making donations again to help pay for server time and maintenance that Wayne pays for himself to the server host company?? I asked about this time last year, and Wayne said it wasn't needed then, but another year has past.

I don't mind the character coming in for an arc. But the writers need to learn to write for recurring arcs.

Unless Kristian Alfonso (Hope) returns or they recast the role, there will be no returning arcs for Hope.

But yes, they did a terrible job with Ciara's return after all that "connected star-crossed lovers" routine, only to have her memories of the last 3-4 years gone. They should've just recast the role of Ciara.

They could have had Ciara afraid of Ben, remembering him only as the necktie killer, yet have this irresistable pull towards him. That would have set up their undying love for each other as star crossed lovers and continued with their love story. She could have even left with Hope (who could have returned to Salem yet remained off screen) to sort out her confused feelings. Instead, we got her totally repudiating him and running out of town with Theo.

Last edited:
LOL...

I would agree, Jason, all that time spent developing that "connection", books, stories, dreams, etc. ....all for naught, what was the point? Ciara regards him as scum, told him to more or less "get lost". The writer creates this maze of nonsense, from which there is no escape.

Right? We wasted months (or was it years?) on this "psychic connection" bunko only to have her forget him after a bump on the head? Stupid writing!

Are you sure it wasn't decades?? If it had ended with the two young lovers re connecting and then leaving the screen, I would have been okay with it. But the "creative" story ending so far has been terrible.

I'm sorry that Ciara can't find work in the real world but jerking us around is not fun.

Why does it feel like we think of better, deeper, more satisfying storylines than the writers?

I hate the idea of Days going away. I watched as a kid all through the college and my twenties. I stopped for about 5 years, then started again when I was caring for my mom who was dying of cancer. We watched together like we did when I was a kid. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but on my way back from a memorial for my mom in 2010, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) was on my flight, and I got the biggest kick out of that.

That said, even I’m ready to say goodbye if this writing doesn’t get better. Nostalgia doesn’t mean much if we care more about the quality and sentiment of the show than the writers appear to at times.

If it does get canceled, I just hope they have a chance to wrap up the show with some finality vs ending midstream.

Tina, I know how you feel. My late sis & I both watched GL, (she lived in St. Louis) so we would gab bout it on phone at times. When she passed away....well, it was so nice to discover that JasonD, here on the board, also watched GL.........he seems to be about the only person who knows who I mention rarely from the show.

It is so nice you have memories of watching with your mom. Mine died when I was relatively young, was not a soap listener or watcher. I absolutely LOVE that Kristian Alfonso (Hope) was on your plane. God Bless!

I watch GL briefly back in the ‘80s when Judi Evans (Adrienne/Bonnie) was super young as Beth along with the actor who ended up playing Deimos. The memories and emotional links are the whole joy of these shows.

Sometimes I feel silly being attached to these things and I know it sounds silly to non-soap fans, but these shows have a tremendous amount of history. What I hate is for that history and the investment both the creators and the fans have made to be treated shabbily.

Back