Departing...arriving part 9

IF they are recasting EJ, it's not surprising since Alison Sweeney (Sami) is sticking around for most of this year. I couldn't see them having her away from her smoochy-moochy's side for that long. And we know people can't be without a mate in Salem. :rolleyes: Well, except for poor Roman.

It still feels weird to say "most of this year" when they only have 3 months or so (I am speculating here) to tape. They were supposed to have all the episodes in by April (sometime in April, don't recall the date exactly). But given that she's on screen now, she will be appearing for at least 6 months (depending on renewal).

I hate podcasts. I was thinking of starting one, but I can't stand them, so I haven't been able to justify putting something out into the world that even I wouldn't listen to. Many thanks to people who did listen. (And soap podcasts, like soap press, tends to be overly gushing in my opinion.) I still might try to listen to this one though; I enjoy Thaao Penghlis (Tony).

from what I gather from Jason47, Days tape schedule to end of April, will take the show to end of August. Or at least to the Olympic 2 weeks off. We just do not know beyond that, into fall. Guess NBC is still deciding about renewal, or maybe still negotiating???

But Alison Sweeney (Sami) has, in the past, only been around for a month or so, but this time, it is to be a longer stretch. Just how long? That has not been confirmed, as far as I know. Everyone talks in general terms, not specific ones. Currently, a waiting game.

I do not care who would be recast as EJ.....the character is persona non grata for me.

from what I gather from Jason47, Days tape schedule to end of April, will take the show to end of August. Or at least to the Olympic 2 weeks off. We just do not know beyond that, into fall. Guess NBC is still deciding about renewal, or maybe still negotiating???

But Alison Sweeney (Sami) has, in the past, only been around for a month or so, but this time, it is to be a longer stretch. Just how long? That has not been confirmed, as far as I know. Everyone talks in general terms, not specific ones. Currently, a waiting game.

I do not care who would be recast as EJ.....the character is persona non grata for me.
I just updated the schedule. I thought when they said "end of season", that would take them through 9/15 by 4/16, but got confirmation that they will be done with 8/27 as of 4/16. So that leaves just 13 episodes to tape (1.5 weeks) after that on the current contract.

Frankly I don't think there's a single Sami story left to tell, unless she finally admits EJ never changed and starts seeking therapy.
Jason, those are my thoughts exactly. I'd like to hear Sami squawking to Marlena: "Mom, EJ is a bigger life-ruiner than John Black ever was! He was even cheating on me with his nurse when he was a mummy!! Disgusting! He was also committing all sorts of crimes through Stefano's old contacts!!"
I've said before that I'd love to see Lauren Boles (little girl Ciara) come back to Salem as a teenage Sydney.
This would be great. It might make for a good scene if she annoys Sami by wearing some of the jewelry from Baron's that she once forced Sami to buy for her. After all, party-pooping Hope isn't around any more to forbid her to wear it.

It wouldn't surprise me if new-EJ is the guy who is denying it. Obviously that was a bit of info that wasn't supposed to have been put out there yet. I'm surprised the podcaster was able to hold on to it for that long, having done the interview in February. I expect an EJ return is probably a sweeps thing, so it'll still be awhile before we see it play out.

Well, since he has been wrapped like a mummy because of scaring, it should be easy enough to explain his different looks. Wish he had stayed dead tho.

EJ should definitely stay in Salem's rear view and the residents surely feel the same way.

Roman: EJ's coming back? What da hell? This time around, he's definitely banned from the Pub.

Lucas: If EJ ever falls down and can't get up, I still won't help him.

Rafe: If EJ gets out of line even a little bit, I'll finish what I started that day in the Town Square.

John: OMG, not EJ again. If there was ever a life-ruiner, he's it. That's a fact.

Clyde: If that pretty-boy moves in on my Salem operations, they'll be another bullet in his future.

Back