Departing

This is very disappointing news. One of the best actors and characters this show has. Yet, they are keeping Lani, one of the most flat, uninteresting characters that Days has ever had. I don’t understand. I hope they don’t have Steve and Kayla split up. That would be depressing. If he leaves, I hope Kayla goes with him. They can go visit Stephanie a while. But I’m sure the writers will do something such as killing off his character or have him mysteriously disappear (most likely at the hands of Stefan).

Just for the record, I think Lani is probably a much better actress than she has shown because the writers are not writing her with any character. I feel she has done great with what she's had and I personally like her and Eli together.

I agree with you, KathyLu. I really hope they are not bringing Jack back to pay for all of this all over again. Now that his daughter has been raped, I'm worried they are going to do some big thing about her finding out about Kayla and hating her dad. He was an entirely different character back then.

The point of my post is that previous rape storylines haven't stopped writers from pairing up a couple before. Again, I absolutely do not want this to happen. I'm just looking at the patterns I've seen, and I'm worried.

I'm more in line with Poirot, let her be by herself for a while. Let her form relationships that aren't romantic, grow as a person. Maybe she can have a little romance eventually, or a bad date that she complains to the girls about (that would actually be funny). But if Steve eventually does come back, I don't want him breaking up a wedding because the writers rushed to stick her with the first single man she's on screen with after Steve leaves.

They wouldn't have a wedding and have him come back and RUIN it would they. Not these powers that be! No way! :sarcasm:

Wonder if he takes a job for Black Patch? Goes to see Stephanie and/or Joey? Is so mad at Kayla for working with Stefan to get the bionic eye that he leaves her? Or maybe he goes away and into some kind of hiding where the app on Stefan's phone can't work to ruin his eye?

That to me sounds that's most logical than something as far-fetched as an app on a smartphone that controls a person's sight. Steve will be arrested so looks like he won't break up with Kayla. A hoax by Stefan just to pull her chains about knowing about Abby's baby is worth it to Stefan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear if they pull what they did with Bo and Hope later I’m going to hurl. I wonder if Jack will be on the show trying to help save him or if the script will allow them to acknowledge his existence.

Back