Fall Preview

Apparently condoms and birth control are at a premium in Salem!
And Sarah is dumb as a goat.
All mouth and no brain.
Birth control in Salem?? This is an alien concept in Salem where you aren't anybody unless you've got at least one surprise child coming out of the woodwork. And let's not insult goats by comparing them to Sarah. The average goat is an intellectual giant compared to Maggie's loudmouth daughter. A more accurate comparison might be to say that Sarah is as dumb as a post, but even that might fall short when trying to describe her lack of smarts.

Maybe Rex will come back, and Sarah will pretend she's in love with him again since she'll have lost Eric.
If Rexy even thinks of doing this, Roman should grab him by the scruff of the neck and remind him of the old saying: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

And let's not insult goats by comparing them to Sarah. The average goat is an intellectual giant compared to Maggie's loudmouth daughter. A more accurate comparison might be to say that Sarah is as dumb as a post, but even that might fall short when trying to describe her lack of smarts.
Please forgive me DrBF. You are right. I did not mean to insult goats.
How about she is as dumb as a grain of sand? I would have said an amoeba, but even they probably have more sense than Sarah.

I'm dismayed Kristen is still around.

I'm hoping this pregnancy is further than thought and Xander is the bio dad. I can only stand Sarah with Xander.

I want Eric and Nicole together if they promise to leave Salem forever.

I wouldn't care if Julie died. Or Kate. I don't need Julie having visions of Stefan/Vivian/whoever's dreams.

I think the Halloween episodes are ridiculously stupid.

I'm intrigued by the "twist never before done on daytime." Doubtful though.

Big trick by writers to get Xander and Sarah together. Waiting for this. Just my idea. Pregnancy in Salem is always the same and never changes. Think the writers should line-up for a yearly sex protection class. :beat:

On Twitter, people are speculating the twist is someone in Salem is having a dream.

That would be interesting, but who and when did it start.

Last edited:
I know the dream thing has been done in prime time. Has it been done in daytime?
The ad says it's never been done in daytime.

I thought of St Elsewhere when we found out at the end all of it was something in boy's
imagination.

Last edited:
OOhhh, good one, Kat. That honestly was a twist no one saw coming. The little boy and his snow globe!
But on daytime, many folks have dreams....daydreams, fantasies, nightmares....
And on Days, no one ever seems to do any research (law, police protocol, corporate operations, school, even medical facilities in the U.S.) so thus they may think it is something unusual...... Oh, well. we'll see. LOL

Has it been done in daytime?
Sunset Beach had a fakeout dream toward the end of its run. The (functionally) main character, Meg, woke up to find she'd never left her hometown for California and was still with her boyfriend (who had followed her to SB and been killed a few months earlier). But then she woke up (again), was in Sunset Beach and with the man she'd come out to meet (the story that started the show), and everything had happened that we'd seen on-screen (i.e., nothing had been changed). It was a nice little adventure.

So, unless things get substantially reset by a dream...yes, it's been done.

And the infamous Dallas scene, where Bobby comes out of the shower, Pam waking up. The entire previous year (when Bobby had died) was a dream she had. LOL. Admittedly, that was at night, but I think it gave birth to the daytime dream thing. LOL

Maybe it's like the movie The Sixth Sense and they're all dead, they just don't know it. :sarcasm:

I remember during the Salem Stalker storyline, one of the theories online was that Sami was in the basement of wherever she was working at the time, playing a Sims-type video game (virtual reality) and everything we were seeing was her controlling the game. That type of scenario could work to undo storylines that we hated, like Chase raping Ciara, Summer being Maggie's daughter, Eric killing Daniel, anything Kristen related, Bo dying, John poisoning Steve and Steve's bionic eye, etc.

I was surprised to see Claire, but why is she in a hospital gown in a bed? She would be going to therapy groups, getting dressed, etc. She would not be in a hospital gown. Yeah, Jordan looks sane to me - NOT. We just had the near death visitation sequence, so they have done that, but whatever they think is so unique won't be.

Back