Go Will!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Halfpint, believe me, Jenny, I LOATHE! If she actually cared about her children more than her latest toy, she would LISTEN and hear what Abby is telling her because Abby has said she was not coerced into anything. Once upon a time Sami was my favourite character, but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for or like who she has become. Nicole however I do still enjoy.

How has Abby let people do it? Most of the time people are saying EJ took advantage of her, she isn't even there. When they do say that, Abby feels bad and guilty for what happened and own up to it. Abby is not to blame for people accusing EJ of taking advantage of her-Adrienne, Lucas, JJ, Jennifer, they are.

@Halfpint, believe me, Jenny, I LOATHE! If she actually cared about her children more than her latest toy, she would LISTEN and hear what Abby is telling her because Abby has said she was not coerced into anything. Once upon a time Sami was my favourite character, but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for or like who she has become. Nicole however I do still enjoy.
I understand, and I don't always like what Sami or Nicole do, but I guess I'll always root for them as they're the underdogs that are always held to a different standard than anyone else. Sami and Nicole have always needed therapy, but I think Abby does also or she will always be after older men who are taken (Austin, EJ) because of her daddy complex. (that's my guess). I am seeing a pattern with Abby and it doesn't help her when everyone is defending her when what she did was wrong.

I try not to comment very often but i feel I have to. I don't understand why Will seems to feel the need to protect Abby from Sami other then the fact that Sami can run circles around her. If Abby feels so bad then she needs to face Sami head on, one on one and get this all out in the open.

No matter the consequences ABBY WAS in the WRONG in this situation. And therefore needs to own up by apologizing to Sami or try to make things better. I am disregarding Sami's past because it has no revelance to what is happening now in this storyline. Sami is right, Abby was the one who wanted to continue the affair. Therefore Abby is equally if not more at fault for the aftermath.

At least Sami is woman enough to own up to things and deal with the consequences. Abby just hides behind people and its getting tiresome. Even EJ has faced Sami head on. I don't think Abby is being honest with herself because she is so afraid of what Sami might do next. She's afraid to face her one on one, so she relies on everyone else to protect her, including Will. Which is why this episode kind of turned me off.

No matter what happened, Sami is still his mother and no child should ever talk to a parent that way. I'm glad Sami slapped him. My mother would have done the exact same thing. It was desrespectful and just plain wrong and I think Will needs to cool down and apologize for what he said.

Unfortunately I have a feeling he is going to use his article to his advantage and make Sami into the bad guy. Which is NOT fair to Sami. After all she's bent over backwards for him and he needs to show some loyality.

Halfpint, I agree however, part of the reason I think I can no longer support Sami other than not agreeing that she deserves to be saddled with EJ, is that from about late 2006 when Austin and Carrie left, Sami no longer was written as the underdog who can't keep or have a man.

They were all lining up even after she horribly treated them. Lucas and Rafe still love her and wanted to be with her even after she mistreated them and if she wasn't wasting her time on Elvis now and this "revenge", I am sure eventually Lucas or Rafe would be there in a heartbeat.

Whereas Nicole is what Sami used to be, the tortured underdog who is constantly put down by her "true loves" Eric, EJ, Brady etc. A joint therapy session would do Abby, Sami, Nicole and Jennifer (especially) wonders.

I think Abby was more apologetic for the way her mother found out then the over all affair. Going back to Austin, Jen found out about that one the same way too, while her daughter was being confronted by the significant other.

In my opinion that is the only thing she regrets because her family's opinions and thoughts are held in such high a regard. She doesn't want them to think ill of her. I agree with the comments about her needing therapy. I believe that she does have a father complex. I know a few different characters have mentioned the same fact. Hopefully Ben can steer her down the right path. :)

Will told Sonny today that he hoped to use his new job writing an article about the changes at DiMera Enterprises to do damage control over the "why" this came about and control the content of any publication. I'm wondering after his discussion with and parting threat to his Mom, if he will change his mind and use it as leverage to get her to back off Abby in exchange for his not writing a more in-depth story (leaving Abby's role out of it). He seemed angry enough to do this.

Sami paid for cheating on Rafe. He divorced her. I think Sami has a right to confront the people that hurt her.

But Sami doesn't want to confront Abby (again), or (just) sully her reputation. She wants to destroy her, and that is well over the line.

Samantha's character has been so trashed by now (in my opinion) I could care less how she feels or what she does or where she goes.
Yep. I don't believe for a second that Abby destroyed Sami's family. Sami did that herself when she engaged in the HATE BOINK with SleazEJ. And she's been selling this happy family despite the fact that nobody's buying it for nearly 18 months now.

everyone is giving her a free pass and she's letting them do it.
Except that's not what we've seen on screen. And UNLIKE Sami, Abby didn't continually repeat her mistake upon realisation that it was sick & wrong (there have been no romps since FEBRUARY) nor set out to hurt anybody in her actions. In fact, DURING the affair, Abby felt guilty about Samanther. (Didn't stop her, but that was more than Sami ever showed for Rafe, Nicole, Austin, Carrie, Greta, etc.)

Sami is acting like a 7-year-old whose toy was broken and it's boring beyond belief. She's completely unrootable in this situation, even though what Abby did was wrong. Would you prefer to see Abby immolate herself in the Horton Town Square the next time someone suggests a sleazy older drugdealing rapist took advantage of her?

Abby herself is owning up to the problem, as well as the Austin situation (which though I'd like to forget that dreck is a nice nod to the history of the show). However, she was in consensual relationships with Cameron and Chad, so at best it's 50/50 on the bs daddy issues theory. (Discounting the nascent relationship with Ben.)

I hope Will shreds Sami in his article. Just the facts alone would do that. She's engaged in a fraudulent marriage in order to exact revenge on everybody because she was an idiot. I'm starting to root for Stefano squishing her like a bug.

Essentially we have Abby=WRONG, Sami=WRONG, which is why I think this story is so compelling. There's no "good" vs "bad" here. Bravo, score one for the writers!

I would enjoy that. I like that Will is a genuinely good person but sometimes he comes across as wimpy. He needs to have a bit of edge to his personlity, like his parents do. I would like to see Sonny become a bit more like the rest of his family as well.

Abby only stopped bonking EJ because he said it was done. I firmly believe she would jump in his bed right now again if he snapped his fingers . (And yes, I believe he would do it again also, once he gets the company back). So, no I don't give precious lil Abby any credit nor believe she feels sooooo bad about it. She feels bad he stopped it, nothing else.

On the other hand, I don't believe Sami has ever really paid for anything she has ever done to anyone. She always makes an excuse, turns it onto someone else, or just simply pushes it aside. Sami you are with EJ, put on your big girls and live with it, and Abby, you entered the big girl ring, now stop whining and deal with it. EJ, go find Bubba. Will, don't let yourself get dragged down to other's level.

I understand, and I don't always like what Sami or Nicole do, but I guess I'll always root for them as they're the underdogs that are always held to a different standard than anyone else.
I agree. Sami and Nicole get smacked down all the time, and they have had to pay for their mistakes. Sami's parents have also called her out quite often on her behavior. They don't constantly make excuses for her, and give her a free pass.

I'm really disliking the way this SL is going because I believe once again EJ will get a free pass. EJ has NEVER paid for anything he has done.

Oh I feel so sorry for poor little Abby.. NOT .. she knew what and where and why she was doing what she was doing every minute.. and Wanted to do it again and again! She is not blameless here. I do think too she would have continued if EJ had not stopped it. She deserves what she gets..

Will on the other hand better watch what he does. He and his mom can disagree on how harsh she is with Abby but he had better stop and think of how he'd feel if Sonny did this to him.. If he knows what is right, he had better not bake his mom in the paper/blogs just because he is mad at her for trashing poor little Abby.

Just as an interesting follow-through on the whole story and connecting the dots to the exit strategy and "faked death". How might Samantha Gene exact revenge on Miss Abby? She knows that Abby still feels guilty about Jack's death so perhaps the best way to exact revenge is to let her think that she was actually responsible for someone's demise.

Perhaps... after Will's hatchet piece in the magazine surfaces, which will probably cast Sami in a very negative light, despondent that her son would do that to her, she goes back to EJ (who else is left that cares?) on the condition that he agree to her terms. These involve her revenge on Abby (which is also a good way to pay back EJ since she knows he really doesn't want the cupcake princess hurt). EJ fakes a suicide leaving behind a note implicating the affair . Sami takes the kids to Europe (or some island somewhere) away from all the horrible people who caused this tragedy...meets EJ (or doesn't; depending on her mood), maintains control of the stock and sells it to Victor.

Money won't be an issue at that point. Will apologizes for his role and does not prevent her from seeing Arianna. Abby is reeling with the guilt, seeing Chad pushes her over the edge.... and she takes a nice long rest in a quiet clinic somewhere...where she meets someone.

That is why I could care less about her, but she is not quite destroyed fully yet, but 'coming.. If there is any hope for this character in the future, she will need to reach the lowest of lows to be revamped in the future if she returns.

Sad that it's come to this, but really they are backing her into a dark corner and exhausting old plots. I am thankful though that the character and actress are getting a well deserved rest in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back