Horton ornament pictures

So, we now have photos of 54 of the 58 known ornaments to be on the tree. The only ones we are missing photos of are Janice, Steven, Scott (Julie's husband/David's adoptive father) and Trish (Scotty's mother). Julie was married at one point to Bob Anderson, but I don't have any records to know if he ever had an ornament, or if any other quickie marriages from the 1970's did.
There's also an ornament for Gina (before Hope got her memories back).

I wonder if Tommy's original ornament was broken and a replacement was made? The original Horton ornaments are kind of similar in style, but Tommy's is very different:

Alice.jpg
Tom.jpg
mickey.jpg
bill96.jpg
Marie.jpg
Addie.jpg
tommy.jpg

The lettering on Tommy's ornament seems like it would've been for a child; it doesn't look as vintage as the rest.

I like how the show handled Daniel et. al last year by giving him the ornaments to hang in his apartment on his own tree.

Found them (thanks for the reminder Heather!

d0f222a44a34ff6ea1f111cbd89fe5ef.jpg
15b22866d02df5cb1198d5a276c51519.jpg
6832d54b01207dbbcd59c7b9fa47d9f7.jpg

Daniel and Parker made an ornament with Nicole's name as a surprise. She said it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.

Found a Brady ornament from 1984. Roman was dead (well, so we thought), but he had added Sami and Eric's names to this ornament and wrapped it before his death (the twins were just infants). The stars had Roman, Marlena, Carrie, Samantha and Eric's names. Carrie found the box and opened it. She asked Marlena if she could put it on their tree, then asked Uncle Bo to help her.

d468c9245b7e9099eb276e3e7bc6730e.jpg

O.K. I am in a fog here. Why would Roman have ornament on the tree, or Sami or Eric, or Carrie back then? Roman is a Brady, Marlena is NOT a Horton. ??? Neither was Anna. What am I missing?

OK, found a bunch of old YouTube clips from 1985 and 1987 with Jennifer and Frankie. Days has been "loosey-goosey" with Laura's ornament.
918976f3739a5d0b5048414dfcf3833c.jpg

The first picture is Jennifer removing Laura's ornament from the box in 1985. The second picture is Jennifer removing Laura's ornament from the box in 1987. She dropped it and it shattered. Frankie rushed home and made a new one. The fourth picture is Jennifer removing that ornament from the box. You can see it's the same ornament from 1985. I saw it was also used in 1986.

In 1988 a new Laura ornament was made (fifth picture; far left). You can see it was made to look like the 1987 ornament that was broken. It's the same ornament used today (last picture). You can tell by how the corner of the "L" runs into the green wreath. Also, the artist made the wreath a little smaller and the upper loop on the "L" ran into the bow, but it's nearly identical to the 1987 version.

Trish is Scotty Banning's mother. Scotty is David's son; David is Julie's son. David and Trish were briefly married.

Janice Barnes was Mickey and Maggie's foster daughter in the 70's. Her biological mother eventually regained custody (which started Maggie drinking again). Janice came back in 1987, all grown up and a doctor. She worked with Bill Horton and they began an affair. She was later killed by Harper Deveraux (Jack's adoptive father).

I wonder if Kitty Horton (Tommy's wife) had an ornament?

Kitty and Ben (Julie's father) had both died by 1970. Alice didn't make any new ornaments until 1971, when Julie, Doug, Sandy, etc... got ornaments for the first time. Up until 1970, it was only the original 7 made by Tom's mother, Grandma Horton (Alice, Tom, Addie, Marie, Bill, Mickey and Tommy) who had them.

I think I need a Days history lesson or 2

Check out my Days Christmas Retrospective thread that I'm just posting now. You can watch the first Christmas episode from 1965 and read all about the Christmas episodes from 1966 through 1971. That should help with learning stuff about some of the long-forgotten Hortons, like Tommy and Kitty. :)

Back