Impeachment hearings

Inasmuch as they have yet to be delivered to the Senate, it would be surprising to have them start so fast.

Egads, this is sure getting tiresome. Perhaps the NBC stations should change the time period to earlier in the a.m. , or in the evening, but then, they never pre-empt sports coverage of any kind, do they?

That's true.

My NBC showed local shows before the noon hour here when the CBS channel had
impeachment stuff on.

That was a good question on my mind too, Katmouse. I was assuming they'd do like 8 hour days, doing the trial from like 9AM-6PM, with a one hour lunch break. But I heard reported the reason for the 1PM daily start time is that Chief Justice Roberts will still have his daily duties at the Supreme Court, and they hear their cases early in the morning and will wrap up around Noon each day so he has time to get prepared for the 1PM start at the Senate.

So, they are planning to start at 1:00 everyday.

Hopefully, NBC will plans set for showing Days. It would be nice if they showed
Days On Demand in the afternoons instead of waiting until late evening.

"On Demand" is part of some cable companies. I know Cox has it. I don't know what
other companies do. You can watch network programming you missed usually the
next day. I use it all the time

NBC News confirms it will broadcast the impeachment trial starting Tuesday, 1/21 (and every day after) at 1PM ET. no official word yet if Days will be nationally preempted or the episodes posted online. NBC expects an updated announcement on Mon., 1/20.

NBC has announced additional details for its coverage of the Impeachment Trial beginning on Tuesday, January 21. Affiliates who are broadcasting Today with Hoda & Jenna or Days of Our Lives will immediately switch to the special report feed. Sessions will begin at 1PM ET each day from Tue. 1/21 through Fri. 1/24 and may begin earlier on Sat. 1/25, followed by an undetermined number of days/weeks afterwards. Nightly News at 6:30PM ET may be impacted. Sports programming on Sat. 1/25 may be impacted. NBC says it will have an update on Mon. 1/20 as more plans are finalized. NBC has not yet posted if Days of Our Lives will be nationally preempted or just aired online as it was during the hearings the last few months.

NBC News coverage will be anchored by Lester Holt, and he will be joined by Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell and the network’s teams at the White House and on Capitol Hill. The network also is planning a team of legal experts and presidential historians.

I have no doubt NBC will show all of the hearings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, we find out early this week what NBC plans to do
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Jason's 47 Facebook page posted 1/19/20

Days of Our Lives weekly preview: Week of 1/20 - 1/24:

Here's what's happening this week on Days of Our Lives.

**Reminder to all Days fans, NBC may be airing special report coverage from Tuesday through Friday this week in all time zones. If you have the NBC affiliate of Cozi TV, be sure to tape that channel this week. If NBC does not make these episodes national preemptions, these episodes will be posted online and On Demand later in the evening.**

Back