Impeachment hearings

Did you contact your local station to see when Days was going to be on? My station is showing
Days after midnight if it's not on during it's regular time

My NBC station has a Facebook page. I sent them a message and they replied

Tried to do that, no way to "contact" them on their Facebook page.

The COZI station in my area does not play Days when it is preempted on NBC. My NBC affiliate shows Days late at night as well and is not advertised; it is just that they have been doing this for several years now when Days has been preempted that I am aware of it. It comes on at 2:30 am after the late night shows and a repeat of the evening news with Lester Holt. Usually, the Kelly Clarkson repeats at this time (used to be Steve Harvey last year), but when Days is preempted, it plays in this timeslot instead.

My NBC takes the cake. They are carrying the first hour of impeachment so no Days. Then at 2 they switch back to regular programming and boot the hearings over to a second station owned by the same company. Then at 2:37 AM they put Days on. No Cozi around here.

My local station did that too. They showed their lunch stuff which ends at 1 when Days
starts. No Days, but at 2 they showed all the judge shows.

Makes me laugh that they said NO cameras inside the room, but evidently there has to be a lineup of them in there for all the networks & news stations.

No, I heard even C-SPAN wasn't allowed cameras as is usually custom since they cover the Senate every day. The only camera feed is controlled by something called Senate TV, which all the networks are forced to use. I guess it's the Senate's in-house camera (or something just set up special for this event). Whatever network you watch is showing the same exact camera angle at the same time from Senate TV.

Except those that the NBC website excludes because they have an ad-blocker, and don't have On Demand or the ability to have the NBC app.
See, in big cities, that may be commonplace, but not in smaller towns or rural areas.

Just amazing that all of the broadcast networks are so willing to lose the money they would be getting, in order to show the exact same thing that is being broadcast on a hundred other stations. And will be covered thoroughly on the nightly news, both national and local. Wonder how the stockholders will react when they all have to report the loss in revenue, so no big dividends?

While I understand the reason to televise this type of thing, seems like very few people are actually interested in watching hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks of it. Show us the pertinent highlights on the news and call it good. Stream it live online. Re-run it in the late hours of the night.

Some people are calling these hearings, "Groundhog Day." (The movie).

Back