John Black to the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CentralTexGirl88

Going from the current storyline, I'm making some changes how I'd rather see things go. I've had fun in the past writing for John, Marlena, Bo and Hope. I even brought back Steve for a while. That was such a blast, I thought I'd do a rewrite...and change things, I hope... for the better. Let's see what happens!!

John Black to the Rescue

Intro.
John is with Marlena at the townhouse. She is standing at the window looking a combination of anger and sadness. He enters the room with a packed bag, determined look on his face. Doc looks over her should and sighs.

Marlena: So, you've made up your mind. Are you SURE I can't talk you out of this?

John: (he closes his eyes and heaves his own sigh) Doc. We did talk about this. Until the very early hours of the morning. You know I have to do this. For so many reasons.

Marlena: No! You don't. There are reasons for you to stay!

John: So you say. Stefano is no longer in Salem...but how long is that going to last? And even though he isn't here, doesn't mean he doesn't have his hands in the proverbial cookie jar. I've got to do this, Doc.

Marlena: Always you...Why must it always be you?

John: Not just me...there have been others along for the ride. This time is no different. I will have help.

To be continued....

Continued from Monday 2/11/13

Marlena: I know you aren’t going alone. I still don’t like it. At least let me go with you!

John: Too highly dangerous, you know that.

Marlena: When has that stopped me before?

John: We’re not as young as we used to be.

Marlena: That makes me feel a whole lot better. Why tempt fate, John? Stefano is in Italy, EJ is attempting a life of normalcy, maybe they’re finally going to leave us alone.

John: What have you been drinking, woman? You should know better than that! As long as Stefano takes a breath, he is plotting something against us.

Marlena: (digusted sigh) And YOU sound paranoid.

John: Come on, Doc! With the history we’ve had with Dimera, wouldn’t you want to be careful? It’s jus a matter of time before he reveals what he is up to.

Marlena: He is in his villa in Italy! What could he possibly...

John: (interrupts Marlena) I cannot believe I’m standing here arguing with you all over again. We went over this last night. And it was settled. I AM GOING TO ITALY!

Marlena: No. YOU settled it. YOU made up your mind what you are going to do, and to hell what I think!

John: I have already made a promise to several people to do this. There is even more information found out that we need to act fast. I have PROOF Dimera is up to something.

Marlena: Proof, what proof? You didn’t say anything about that.

John: Because I promised this person not to talk about it! If it gets out we are getting information out of his compound, he’ll leave. And God knows where he will be…

Marlena: What is so urgent?

John: No..no..no..no..no. I’m not telling you anything. I can’t let this information get out Doc! Too dangerous for it to get around Salem.

Marlena: I won’t tell…

John: No. I’ve got to keep this under wraps, Doc. And that’s a fact.

(John’s cell phone rings)

John: Hello? Yes…I’m on my way now. My plane is ready to go…I have to just get out the door.

Man: She giving you the usual difficulties?

John: Of course she is.

Man: Not a surprise there. Just try to get out of there as fast as you can…we have a lot of work to do…

John: I know.

Ends call….

John: No more arguing about this. I have got to go. (he kisses her sweetly, passionately, she doesn’t want to let him go) I will be in contact…I promise.

John goes out the door, Marlena teary eyed. She looks out the window again..wondering what change has taken place in Dimera’s world to make John leave so quickly.

Marlena: Whatever it is, I need to find out. I need to keep my family safe…

John Black head to the Salem airport…taking his own jet. Waiting inside is his who he trusts the most to help take Stefano out once and for all.

Man: Hey! About time you showed up! I was beginning to wonder if you were going to ditch me for the blonde.

John: (shaking his head) It was difficult to go. She never makes it easy.

Man: Wives never do. I’ve had a heck of a time with mine.

John: Well, now that she is back in Salem, she now has more family to support her.

Man is now revealed to be Steve Johnson…(Patch!!)

Steve: Support. Well…I sure as hell hate the fact she had to lie to the family, the whole town that she and I are getting divorced.

John: Yeah…she told me in secret one day. Swore she would break my arm if I told anyone else the truth.

Steve: (laughing) Yep. That sounds like Kayla. I hope we can bring Dimera down quick fast and in a hurry so she and I can end this ruse

John: I hear ya partner. I could not tell Marlena the truth about why we had to go NOW. She was determined to know. I didn’t even give her a clue. I couldn’t take the chance of anyone in town knowing.

Steve: I’m sure “Doc” would be quite surprised the main reason for us going to Italy has to do with Nicole Walker…

John: Surprised would be a mild word. Have you seen both the baby and the other?

Steve: Both of them. Four year old girl, who he calls Bella, and the baby boy are both in his villa. Kept inside most of the time.

John: You are sure both children belong to Nicole?

Steve: Oh, I’m sure of it. When Stefano is behind closed doors and he doesn’t think any enemies are around, his lips are pretty loose!

John: What a crazy SOB. And that is an understatement. That man takes such pleasure in keeping loved ones away from the other. But to keep the children away from EJ as well…what is that man up to??

Meanwhile, we have another couple discussing the trials and tribulations of going after the Dimera clan. One is safe at home in Salem, the other is overseas, at an undisclosed port. Thanks to Skype, we see both parties…

Hope Brady: Bo…There are people here asking questions why you are still visiting Shawn D Belle, and Claire. Maggie even wanted to know if there was trouble in paradise. It’s getting harder to explain you just want to spend more time with the family.

Bo: Fancy Face, you have to come up with something to tell them. Only Steve knows what really is going on, and if I’m not mistaken, he’s briefed John as well. John didn’t know as much when he left…so even Marlena only knows he’s going after Stefano…again. No one else can know the details.

Hope: But Nicole… as much as she has put other people through, she has been through hell the last few months…Hah..YEARS even. She should know.

Bo: No. It’s not a good idea to tell her. You know her. She will go nuts and do something stupid, like fly to Italy herself and blow this all up in our faces. No…as cruel as it sounds, she can’t know. Not until we can get those kids out of there. And find out what Dimera is up to.

Hope: Lord…I miss you Brady. I wish I could be there with you.

Bo: I know. I miss you too. But I need you there, to keep an eye on Junior. We need to be absolutely sure what he knows…what he doesn’t. Fatha is up to no good as usual. For him not to include EJ in this latest twisted plot is rather strange.

Hope: This has to do with Stefano and Salem. We deal with nothing but strange around here. We should be used to it.

Bo: Should be. But I’m getting too old for strange. I want normal.

Hope: (laughs) I don’t think normal exists anymore Brady.

Bo: I think you are right. Okay… as close to normal as things could be, just as long as Dimera is no longer in our lives. How is that?

Hope: Sounds like heaven. By the way Bo Brady…Happy Valentine’s Day…I love you very much.

Bo: Happy Valentine’s Day Hope Fancy Face Brady. I love you with all of my heart. Tell Ciara I love her, miss her, and Happy Valentine’s Day for me.

Hope: I sure will…Be safe sweetheart….

To be continued…

Bo and Hope end their conversation on Skype. He’s off to meet with another person who is going to help rescue the children from the evil clutches of Stefano Dimera (yeah, that was very cliché, wasn’t it??)

Bo: I would be in so much trouble if your mother actually knew what you were up to these days. And I’m not completely on board with this either.

Chelsea: Well, I come by it naturally, dad. Mom is in the ISA, my dad is a cop…

Bo: Former cop.

Chelsea: (she grins) Former cop…I stand corrected. It’s in the family...

Bo: Still…I just don’t know about this.

Chelsea: Will you stop being so overprotective? I’ve been trained by the best.

Bo: And probably the youngest agent.

Chelsea: I’m almost twenty-six.

Bo: Yeah…And how long were you in the law enforcement field before you were recruited to be in the ISA? Two minutes??

Chelsea: DAD! That’s enough. We need to stop discussing my experience or if I’m qualified and focus on the important tasks at hand.

Bo: Fine. I am going to make a phone call, make sure all is in order for when John and Steve arrive.

Chelsea: Good. I’m going to keep monitoring the situation at the Dimera villa. If I have to listen to that man’s voice much longer, I’m going to start talking in an Italian accent.

Bo: (grins broadly) Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. We’ have to send you to the states to get deprogrammed.

Chelsea: You are soo rrrrrright!

Bo: (shakes his head) Okay…I’m outta here. Keep your ears open. We need to make sure everything is covered if we are going to get those kids out of there…

Chelsea: (as he walks out the door she retorts) I KNOW what I’m doing, DAD. Lord. What idiot put him in charge of me....my own father? It’s like the Salem brain is heading the ISA these days…

To be continued….

Bo and Hope end their conversation on Skype. He’s off to meet with another person who is going to help rescue the children from the evil clutches of Stefano Dimera (yeah, that was very cliché, wasn’t it??)

Bo: I would be in so much trouble if your mother actually knew what you were up to these days. And I’m not completely on board with this either.

Chelsea: Well, I come by it naturally, dad. Mom is in the ISA, my dad is a cop…

Bo: Former cop.

Chelsea: (she grins) Former cop…I stand corrected. It’s in the family...

Bo: Still…I just don’t know about this.

Chelsea: Will you stop being so overprotective? I’ve been trained by the best.

Bo: And probably the youngest agent.

Chelsea: I’m almost twenty-six.

Bo: Yeah…And how long were you in the law enforcement field before you were recruited to be in the ISA? Two minutes??

Chelsea: DAD! That’s enough. We need to stop discussing my experience or if I’m qualified and focus on the important tasks at hand.

Bo: Fine. I am going to make a phone call, make sure all is in order for when John and Steve arrive.

Chelsea: Good. I’m going to keep monitoring the situation at the Dimera villa. If I have to listen to that man’s voice much longer, I’m going to start talking in an Italian accent.

Bo: (grins broadly) Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. We’ have to send you to the states to get deprogrammed.

Chelsea: You are soo rrrrrright!

Bo: (shakes his head) Okay…I’m outta here. Keep your ears open. We need to make sure everything is covered if we are going to get those kids out of there…

Chelsea: (as he walks out the door she retorts) I KNOW what I’m doing, DAD. Lord. What idiot put him in charge of me....my own father? It’s like the Salem brain is heading the ISA these days…

To be continued….
I love this stuff - better than the stuff on Tv

John Black and Steve Johnson are in his private jet...John is getting an update from Bo Brady on what is going on at the Italy Dimera compound. Not much has changed, no new information or anything. John thinks to himself that things are TOO quiet. Hopefully, his half brother does not suspect anything is going on with the ISA. And if he has a double agent on board with the ISA, things could fall apart quick.

John: Okay, Bo. Thanks for the update. Steve and I will be there in about five hours. If Dimera blinks the wrong way, let me know.
Bo: I think you are confused. EJ is the one who blinks the wrong way.
John: (scoffs) Very funny. Now that you are "retired" from law enforcement, you should take up a career as a stand up comedian.
Bo: It could happen.
John: Just keep me posted...
Bo: Of course, Mr. Serious.
John: (sighs) You make me sound like an old fart.
Bo: Well, if the shoe fits...
John: I like you better when you were my little brother.
Bo: How is that?
John: You weren't such a smart mouth then. I think Carly Manning corrupting your brain somehow.
Bo: Touche'.
John: AH! So you admit it!
Bo: Hmph. She lowered my IQ quite a few points. That's all I'm going to admit to.
John: (snickers) Enough of this banter. I need to put on my serious face and get back to business.
Bo: Good luck with that. I know you're partner there all too well. He's definitely not serious.
John: And he's a lot funnier than you. (John ends the call before Bo can retort back at him)

Steve: So, is Mr. Charming up to no good as usual?
John: Are you talking about Bo, or Dimera?
Steve: (grins) Well, Dimera of course. Bo is never charming.
John: Of course DImera is still up to no good. He's breathing, isn't he? If you mean is there anything new going on? NO. Not at this point.
Steve: Well...I'm ready for anything. I've been waiting for far too long to see that Donkey behind bars.
John: You and me both.
Steve: I don't understand how you took the news so well that you two are brothers.
John: Hmph. It helped that I was lacking in empathy and emotions when the news came out.
Steve: I suppose. Any news from Salem about Junior?
John: Nope. Not a word. He's still too wound up over his born again attitude and relationship with Samantha.
Steve; I hope that is not a cover up... and that he knows what is really going on.
John: It would not surprise me one bit. He's a real snake in the grass...and if he hurts Sami - AGAIN. He won't know what hit him.
Steve: Heartbreak Hotel for Elvis Dimera, huh?
John: I'll do more than step on his Blue Suede Shows, and that's a fact...

To be continued...

Thanks Noel! I won't have today's installment up until later today. I've got to get some homework done, and work out...class at 1 pm. May not have it up until this evening...but it will be a long one, I hope! Ya'll have a great day!

Sorry for the break - too much going on at school... I will post a longer chapter tomorrow. I promise. :)

John is convinced there is more to the story of Nicole's children staying with Stefano than him just keeping the kiddos away from Nicole. Why would he keep EJ from them as well? He calls someone he can trust in the ISA to find out more about this. A certain somebody who hates the Dimera's almost as much as John...

John: So, you already know what is going on?

Shane: Yes, John. Do you honestly think they ISA would get involved with Dimera and not come to me about it? I've got my eye on him, had my eye on him, and will continue to keep them on him until he is behind bars or six feet under. Preferably the later. And I didn't say that.

John: Didn't hear a thing, Shane.

Shane: And, you can bet your bottom dollar that man is up to more than just babysitting his grandchildren. He always has a more sinister agenda, and this time I am certain is no exception.

John: I'm glad you agree as well.

Shane: Of course. All I can tell you is the ISA has got a lot more facts about this can than you ever dreamed.

John: But you aren't going to share them with me, are you?

Shane: Afraid not, John. Wait until we can meet in a more controlled environment, and I will tell you what I know.

John: Understood. Will catch up with you later.

Shane: See you soon.

ENDS CALL...

Steve: (one look at John's face and he realizes Shane has a lot more info, but didn't tell John) So, Shane knows. The shadow knows, but John Black does not. Shame. I bet you are chomping at the bit to find out.

John: (raises his eyebrow) Of course. I want to put this idiot "brother" of mine away for good. I'm beyond tired of looking like the fool when it comes to fighting the Dimera's. There was a time when nobody defeated me, Bo, or Shane. We've got to get that back...

Steve: Aint no fool like an old fool. (pulls out his harmonica) Lemme know when we land. I need a little me time to settle my nerves. I have a feeling we won't have a moment's peace when we arrive in Italy...

John: So do I Steven...So do I...

To be continued...

Meanwhile...back in Salem, things are typical Salem. Samantha Jean Brady is still with EJ, much to the chagrin of 99% of Salemites. The only one who is delighted over the news is Nicole, for she is falling in love with Rafe and thinks Sami and EJ deserve each other. We find Rafe sitting at the bar in an unknown area of Salem. He's thinking what a mistake he made in trying to make things work with Sami, (takes a drink) why in the Good Lord's name he was interested in Carrie, (another drink...and another) and most of all, he is regretting just dropping Nicole after she lost her baby boy. And of course as the thoughts are thought, in true Salem fashion, in walks Nicole...

Nicole: Hey stranger. What are you doing drowning your sorrows in a glass. That's my job. And I've come to clock in...

Rafe: Heeeyyy! I have no sorrows! Haven't you heard? I finally wised up and dropped Samanther for good. EJ can have her little bratty butt.

Nicole: Hmph. So untrue, Rafe. Her butt is not little.

Rafe: That's so mean... I love it!!! Sit down, darlin'. In the condition I'm in, I just might walk out with whomever sits beside me, and I sure wouldn't mind it being you.

Nicole: Dang, you ARE drunk.

Rafe: (scoffs, laughs a little) Not quite. But I'm getting there.

Nicole: UGH. If you are feeling that low to walk out with just anyone...I just had a dreadful thought.

Rafe: What's that?

Nicole: If you walked out of here, drunk. Arm in arm with Kate Dimera.

Rafe: I don't think I will EVER get that drunk. Although...that would really make Sami see red.

Nicole: Red? (she laughs) I think it would kill her. Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead...

Rafe: (takes another drink, orders him another, Nicole one as well) That, would be amazing. No more Sami.

Nicole: Yeah. I could swoop in and take Sydney. (covers her mouth) Oops. I didn't mean to say that out loud.

Rafe: I know. You love that little girl. I almost wish I'd never dug so deep and found out the truth. Sami didn't deserve my help. Never did.

Nicole: True. I did a lot of wrong things back then, but I really fell for that lttle girl. I believed she was truly my daughter.

Rafe: She is more yours than Sami's. At least you took care of her, loved her. Caroline Brady sees Sydney more than Sami does.

Nicole: Indeed. (Looks around for the bartender and her forthcoming Martini) What does a girl have to do around here to get a drink??

Rafe: He's slow. But the drinks are great. For these drinks my dear. You only have to do one thing.

Nicole: Oh? What's that big boy? (flirts with him with her eyes, jokingly)

Rafe: Just stay here with me. I really don't want to drink alone...

Nicole: I can do that. ( her drink arrives, and she takes a sip, hoping things go where she thinks they are going....)

To be continued....

Continued from Friday…
Rafe and Nicole are still in the bar, talking and drinking. Well, drinking mostly. She wants to ask him to go home with her, but she doesn’t want to get rejected. He wants to ask her to go home with him, but he thinks she has been through so much in the last year, he doesn’t want to cause her any future heartache. So, our two star crossed friends sit, drink, and complain about the trials and tribulations of being a NON Brady or Horton in Salem.

Rafe: I tried to fit in at the police station. But, since my last name is not Brady, I just…DON’T.
Nicole: Tell me about it. Miss Holier than Thou Jennifer Horton gets whatever she wants just because she IS a HORTON. (she scoffs) And what kind of name is that anyway? (she is obviously drunk at this point) Wasn’t that tha name of a kids book? Horton hears a WHO? I think Dr. Suess got the Hortons confused with the Grinch who stole Christmas.
Rafe: Hmph. You aren’t bitter, are you?
Nicole: Me? Yup! I sure am. I’m tired of everyone who seems to play nice getting the guy. Chloe, course she’s starting to act worse than me, Jenniker, I mean Jenniber, Juniper? Ha! I thinks I’m drunk.
Rafe: I thinks you are. Nice grills doesn’t necessarily finish first around here. Lookie at Sami. She’s had how manee men? Me, Lucas, that poor dude Austin, EJ, some guy names Franco, and he’s six feet under. She always seems to find a guy.
Nicole: But she aint happy. Who could possibly be happee with EJ? I am beginning to thinks that Samanther Jean Bradee is a sadomas…sad o mass ee kist. Or just sad.
Rafe: Nope. I’m the masochist…I kept going back to the blonde ice queen.
Nicole: Blonde ice queen. I thought that was me.
Rafe: No! You’re pretteee cool, Cole.
Nicole: Cool Cole. I likie that.
They both begin to laugh at themselves in their drunken stupor…and suddenly their eyes meet. Seriousness gets in the room, and they both are aware of the unspoken attraction they have had all along…
To be continued..
(Tomorrow on “Days”, we are introduced to yet another secretive player from Salem who’s keeping an eye on Ms. Kristen Dimera. She’s got a role in all this, and it is even more sinister than bringing down John Black and Marlena.

And, I promise to write longer chapters soon. I've been swamped with schoolwork. HUGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back