SPOILER !! July 25th week

Yes, there are music degrees in college. We have a wonderful program where I work (a major university) and many of our graduates have gone on to successful music careers including Broadway! I realize Salem U isn't top notch, but it's a start and Grandpa Doug should have more connections than shaggy Phil.

(The ivory-billed woodpecker is a species of woodpecker that is believed to be extinct. But I saw a story on "60 Minutes" some years back about how there had been reported sightings of it in the bayous of Louisiana I believe. Anyway my point is that much like Gabi sightings of it (if it still exists) are very rare indeed.)

Close. That would be bayous in Arkansas, just one state north of Louisiana, and not to far from where I live. I did a quick check and it was back in 2004/2005 - first sighting was in '04, video in '05, and credible sightings by several bird experts in both years, and then nothing. The search did cover a total of 8 states, including Louisiana, and went as far a Cuba. One guy who spotted it, still has not given up the search

Your excitement about the rare Gabi sightings is starting to be contagious.

Edited to add info about the expanded search area.

Don't recall the storyline, but Maggie had a habit of butting her head into things that were none of her business. I think it was around the early 2000's or mayne even late 1990's. The Penthouse Grill was still used. I recall her and John going at it a few times.

I was going to change Louisiana to Arkansas after double checking on it myself b2curious. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Another interesting tidbit about the ivory-billed woodpecker is that it was nicknamed "The Lord God Bird" because apparently people would exclaim "Lord, God what a bird!' when they saw it. Personally judging from pictures I've seen it is (or was) a nice-enough looking bird I suppose but I don't know if was really that breath-taking. But that's just me. :)

Anyway back to the show we are now down to four episodes (I'm not counting the weekend) until the end of my long nightmare and Gabi is back on our screens. Since Rafe is missing I guess she could turn up this week. But come on, Rafe is just her brother-mentor and the person-other then her child-she has historically been closest to on the show. So why would she be involved in him being believed missing right?

Last edited:
Why can't Claire sing and take classes?
Why can't she indeed? In fact, she could sing, hold a full-time job and a part-time job, and still take a full course load at Salem U. After all, nobody there actually studies or goes to class. The students just hang out and wait for somebody to hand them a high-paying job. As for the other new spoilers:

Dario and Nicole visit the shooting range. [Are the targets there photos of Kate?]

Adriana makes a decision about Eduardo. [Sure she does. This could easily consist of deciding that she likes his goatee.]

Maggie and Victor receive some good news. [Hopefully it's not only that Tater Tot has been found, but that Summer is not Maggie's daughter.]

I try to be careful what I say about the music on the show. I have a degree in piano and taught vocal music as well for many years. I truly meant to be over the top stating the obvious. Our daughters both have professional vocal degrees from a major university as well as licenses to teach music in the classroom and one of our sons-in-law is a high school band director. Music done well is near and dear to my heart.

Could someone just line up all the people behaving moronically (is that a word, do I care?) and just go right down the row with one long slap. Oh, could we have the writers and Corday line up separately? I think a George Patton slap is in order just for them. Then they would get a Gibbs-slap for good measure.

Send Blanca away. They are throwing a red herring now on someone they are not keeping on the show. Why would we care about an obsessed boyfriend when she has flirted and flounced to her heart's content and jumped for joy at being hired at the hospital only to have her leave? What's with the editing? I wanted them to just admit they screwed up and do a Bobby Ewing "good morning" darlin' but no, they don't have the integrity to admit they were wrong.

Isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

images (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thought I might send these to management at Days.
images.jpg
OR
(I cannot tell you how many times I said this to my students)
Stupid on my forehead.jpg

Personally judging from pictures I've seen it is (or was) a nice-enough looking bird I suppose but I don't know if was really that breath-taking. But that's just me. :)

Anyway back to the show we are now down to four episodes (I'm not counting the weekend) until the end of my long nightmare and Gabi is back on our screens. Since Rafe is missing I guess she could turn up this week. But come on, Rafe is just her brother-mentor and the person-other then her child-she has historically been closest to on the show. So why would she be involved in him being believed missing right?

I think the impressiveness was the size. It is/was one of the largest woodpeckers in the world - 20 inches long with a wing span of 30 feet.

And yeah, why would Gabi, who is so close to Rafe, possibly be part of the story where he is believed to be missing? That's just crazy talk! :wink:

I still want my Shawn & Belle together with Claire all living happily in Salem. I mean, is it rocket science that the supercouple-in-the-making kids of two of the greatest supercouples Days has ever had, should be together? Really??

Where's Marlena in all of this TaterTot kidnapping?? It's crazy she's not involved. C.R.A.Z.Y.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Welcome back LucyFan!

@Troy42 Did you happen to watch today's special Rafe episode? I think you may be VERY happy. :)

I did indeed Heather. :)

You'll find my belated thoughts on the episode in that thread. And you are quite correct in your thinking. LOL

Back