Leaving??

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Nicole has always been one of my favorite characters (along with Will during the Chandler Massey era). She'll be sorely missed, and I do hope she returns one day. Let's just give her a happy ending (for now). I do think she deserves a break, given that she's been front and center with some pretty terrible stories for a long time.

Heck, it is the actress who is not renewing her contract. How do we know the show won't recast the role? Ari Zucker (Nicole) did the interview, and said she is leaving. The show has said nothing about this so far.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:. I'm definitely going to miss Nicole. Write her out happy & in love!!!! Please don't recast the part. I could no more accept a new actress, than I could a new Stefano DiMera!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, it is the actress who is not renewing her contract. How do we know the show won't recast the role? Ari Zucker (Nicole) did the interview, and said she is leaving. The show has said nothing about this so far.
That's a good point. I find it hard to believe they would recast; but anything's possible. Ari Zucker (Nicole) has owned this part and played it for over 15 years - that's a tough recast.

Meanwhile, I'm hearing talk that her decision was based on a firing from two years ago of another actor. This is sure good for Soap Digest; I'll be buying my 3rd copy this year. (Usually one a year is max.)

She only said she was very surprised when the other actor was fired..evidently very unexpected ....
she had said early in the interview that she considered not renewing 2 years ago, but signed up again.

So sad to hear this, if it's true. From wardrobe and hair styles, to tears, comedy, devilish antics and devious villainess behavior

Her versatility as an actress is untouchable. I wish her well but will miss her character. The last few years have been sometimes painful to watch

But I have to admit that Nicole and Chad are probably two of the top characters I tune in for.

She only said she was very surprised when the other actor was fired..evidently very unexpected ....
she had said early in the interview that she considered not renewing 2 years ago, but signed up again.

Would be curious to know if that other actor in question was Shawn Christian (Daniel) since the two have been together in real life for a while.

I am so disappointed to hear this news but totally understand any actor's desire to expand the type of roles they play. I wish her great success. She is a terrific actress and I have always enjoyed all the facets of Nicole - from the scheming seductress to the hair-pulling Sami-nemisis to the grieving childless mother and to the hilarious Pookie mom. She played them all with such passion and she always made me feel - anger, sadness, joy, laughter.

I will really miss Nicole and given the long lapse in filming, I will be sure to savor the next few months that she is on screen. Hopefully, she will exit with baby Holly and the prospect of a wonderful new life away from Salem. Thanks for the ride, Arianne Zucker (Nicole)!

Back