Leaving.........

C'mon, y'all, if they give Paul and Steve more air time, we might not be able to see Kate almost every day. We wouldn't want that, would we? View attachment 4410

Or the wonderful Stefan. Will Gabby come back to him, as we all know true love when we see it. And how about the wonderful human being that is Brady? He deserves a happy ending, no? I for one am riveted to my television screen, waiting to see who's the next "love of his life". :sarcasm:

Seems like Christopher Sean (Paul) is bright enough to see the downhill direction of this ridiculous soap and has decided to go while the going is possible. I'm sure he will do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems any more I just get comfortable and vested in to a romance/relationship and they get split up by actors leaving or writers breaking up. I guess I just should not expect a long term romance any more on Days of Our MISERABLE Lives.

Days has a poor track record when it comes to writers, changing every 6 mos to year. I still blame no one but Corday for the poor track record. He doesn't keep an eye on the soap, the story, etc. But...we all have our favs, and we all also have different ideas on what constitutes a good story. Heck, I think the return of Theresa was not done well at all, and yet Soap Opera Digest gave Jen Lilley (Theresa) "Performer of the Week".

As to Christopher Sean (Paul), Days had a gold mine, a man who could really act, who could play nasty, nice, fabulous smile, & they have woefully neglected him, instead concentrating on new teens who were not quite ready for all the emotional ups and downs needed for an ongoing drama tale. They did the same with A.Martinez (Eduardo)...and while they have Ben back now, his father Clyde's portrayer, James Read (Clyde), got snapped up at GH.

I don't blame Chris Sean, as it is not very challenging to be twiddling your thumbs, no dialogue, just listening to others mostly. Will, Sonny, John.......while only being seen once a week, or maybe once every 8 episodes.

Can't blame Christopher Sean (Paul) for getting sick of being collateral damage in someone else's story. I will miss Paul. I wish they'd given him something better to do while he was around because I'm not a fan of the PI work, and he's always so secondary to John there.

Also there goes the 2% hope I had for a canon polyamorous relationship with Paul, Will and Sonny. A girl can dream, guess I'll have to keep doing that.

I am upset about this news. I had read tweets about Stephen Nichols (Steve) but since nothing official had been said, I was hoping that he and the show were working together to come to an agreement about the number of episodes per week he would be on. I love having Steve and Kayla on the show as they and John and Marlena are the last great couples of the supercouple era left on the show.
I'm thinking we NEED Steve & Kayla to remain and grow, along with Marlena & John! I hope TPTB wise up and find a way to keep Steve.

Of course they could get creative and find Paul a way to be involved with the kids!
TPTB have everything backwards. If there was no Slimy O. McSleeze (who's on way, way too much), they'd be plenty of screen time for both Paul and the Patch Man.

Poirot - I certainly agree about Theresa's return. I couldn't get to the ff button quickly enough. What are these writers trying to do? I look at the total show stories and scratch my head as to where and what is going on!:confused::huh:

Bummer. I liked that he and John worked together as PI's. As much as I like Christopher Sean as Paul, I do hope that this role is recast. Sonny & Will are over for me. Ugh, I hope that Steve doesn't go. What in the world will they do with Kayla? How would he leave? They were recently remarried so I wouldn't buy marital problems and I absolutely don't want the character killed off like Bo. Fingers crossed something works out contractually. And, then what happens to Tripp with no family ties (Ava, Steve, Stephanie and Joey aren't on screen). Hopefully, these just remain questions and it works out!

Last edited:
Please please no Sonny and Will. Ugh is right MPM. It just is not believable to me between them. Paul and Will seemed so natural. Chemistry in my book. Will miss Christopher Sean as Paul. Top notch actor. And you know I have to say this, good eye candy too! Yummy!

I think once Will gets his memory back, Paul realizes that Will and Sonny are once again a couple. Knowing the relationship with Will is over, Paul must leave and find happiness elsewhere. Paul is smart and just can't stay. Twice bitten and heartbroken, Paul will say goodbye to Salem. So sad. Just my thoughts. :cry: :love:

I don't get it. The fans are obviously upset and clamoring on social media to see more of Steve. Are they bound and determined to move on to the "younger audience" to save their ratings, or are they just clueless about how to write older characters? You don't have to be "young and hot" to have an amazing love story. And for Steve and Kayla, they already have a great foundation to build on!

The news of Paul leaving saddens me, too. I've been a fan of this show literally since I was a baby. I have fond memories of watching this with my parents. But what does it say that a person who sort of falls into the younger viewers spectrum (I'm turning 30 next month, so maybe it's more of an in-between) is getting more enjoyment out of finding old 80s clips online, instead of watching the show today?

I'm trying to hang on, Days writers, but you are not making this easy!!!

Last edited:
Where is the petition I need to sign to give Steve more air time? Those writers better at least put him back the way they found him (eyesight and all) before they make the biggest mistake of their careers and let him go because they aren't willing to write for him.

As for Paul, I hate to see him go, definitely enjoyed him. But I wish him the best!

I guess we know what that means. Will and Sonny about to be back together. And honestly, I hope for that. I don't want Ben to be the one that says he is gay. Let the bartender or Leo be the other gay person on screen for a triangle.

I'm sad about this but also not surprised. He recently signed on to do voice over in the new Star Wars animated series. Plus I think he can easily land another series or movie. That said, I hope he returns in a year.

I'm also bummed about the Steve news. I've known about this for a while now but didn't want to post a rumor. There is so much opportunity for Steve and Kayla as a couple as well as by recasting their kids and having them interact more with nieces and nephews. Both also have great professional roles. Lots of story potential. Shame on Ron for not wanting to write it.

Back