Leaving.........

I totally agree but I also think sometimes it better to say nothing at all rather than outright lie

Maybe the studio made him say that. If he doesn't say anything it's almost confirming that he's leaving. At any rate, since we have no idea that happens behind the scenes, I don't have a problem with actors doing that.

Actors get put on the spot suddenly by the fans....and don't want to upset them. But it is a known fact that Days really clamped down on the actors saying anything about anything, whether storyline, cast member leaving, coming, their own situation, pics, etc. And filming 5-6 mos in advance, the show doesn't want anything given away. Heck, they still have not confirmed an actor returning, although someone there could not resist any longer and broke the news (so many fans were pestering for his return).

Some years back an actor made an off hand remark about another actor who was being seen every day, while this one was on maybe once a week. It was only to the effect that it was nice the other actor was working as much.......but Days let the actor go. Chandler Massey (Will) also got let go when he talked of wanting to go back to school in the fall after winning an Emmy. both of these actors were eventually brought back, took a few years, tho. And that was before the show really put their foot down.

Well, maybe this could be reversed. Why would this be considered too mild? I'm sure, if written well, any story can be a good story. And maybe that's a problem with society in general. When is too much going to be, too much? Too much violence, too much angst, too much sex instead of love? Again, I may be getting old, but then again, I'm sure there could be plenty of good storylines if only the soap writers would open their minds and use their imagination.

So many people today regret the romance, the adventure, the balance that existed in Days 30 years ago. So why not bring all of this back? No offense, Poirot, of course, but I believe it would indeed go over these days, as a refreshing change. Maybe it's not too late to reverse things. To "make the pendulum swing back the other way", if you will.

Off Topic: Hallmark is becoming one of the most popular channels on TV because of their "family" shows, even with murders, espionage, etc happening in the storyline. Maybe if TPTB would watch some of those, they could learn a thing or two! :back:

I know on another thread they talk about Lani staying and fans are upset. I, for one, like her. I never felt JJ and Lani were a good match, but I do like Lani, and she and Eli make a good pair. Just like I think Valerie and Abe are good together. Maybe I'm just a little old; but I'm only 74!

Nanahl, I think Lani might have promise, but she is so unevenly written and so infrequently on the screen that I simply don't care.

I don't like the current writing of one A story that takes up 27 of the 37 minutes of air time, and 15 B stories that get the remaining 10 minutes, with Kate in all A and all B stories.

Sorry for this off topic post.:back:

Back