Leaving.........

As I noted in a previous post, "young and pretty" is the norm nowadays when it comes to movies, TV shows, etc., and that's a shame! I have always been a huge fan of Jerry Lee Lewis, since his first record, Crazy Arms, was released. For the past few days, I have been watching his concerts (old and recent) on youtube. He will be 83 years old on September 29th and I enjoy hearing him as much as ever. Every so often, his voice cracks for a second, but his piano playing is spot on. I haven't heard one sour note. That's not bad for someone his age and in his health. He can still draw a crowd.

It's too bad TPTB can't see what gems they have in their veterans like Steve. I don't think they have ever appreciated Nicole and Lucas either.

Right, so what I'm saying is if the fans let the appropriate people know that we want him to stay maybe they will give him enough to make him stay.

Twitter is full of tweets to the suits, the bosses, in support of, and praise of Stephen Nichols (Steve)....no replies from them, but there are items nearly every day. I already have sent a few myself. As JasonD noted, fans are outraged. Steve himself doesn't say anything, except to praise fellow performers for something, or thank someone for something unconnected. I do think they need to get bombarded. I only "retweeted once or maybe twice......I figure my own comment will count more.

Do Days of Our Lives powers that be even bother to check fan forums? If they do, I’m pretty sure the writing and story segments would rock. There are a lot of fans that have kick-butt suggestions.

I'm so disappointed with the lack of creativity from this crew. Even sweeps are ho-hum and extremely dull.

They have to be extremely careful about that. If someone makes a great suggestion for a storyline on a TV show, and the show uses it, they can get sued for "stealing" something written by someone else. Even if you send a suggestion directly to a TV show for a storyline, character, etc., they won't use it.

One of my family members wrote a list of ideas for the Simpsons and mailed it to the writers. It was returned with a form letter listing all the reasons why they couldn't use any ideas suggested by fans, most of which were for legal reasons.

Do the powers that be not realize how loved the character of Steve is? Guess time will tell.

As for Christopher Sean (Paul), I hate to see him go. He was an asset to the show in my view. If you ever get the change watch the Hawaii Five O shows on which he guess stared. He was a villain but a smoking hot villain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone once sent a whole storyline, including cast, dialogue, etc. Included a notarized letter giving them the story, indicating no renumeration is expected, wanted, or will ever be asked for. No suit, etc. Really very thorough. It was returned as JS has indicated. Someone else did the same, returned unopened!!

We have heard of the cases, mostly music ones, that end up in court.

Then maybe, just maybe, TPTB could hire someone new, instead of having the same writers that go from one soap to another. If they see something interesting, they could invest in a new writer, no? I'm pretty sure many out there would do a much better job than some of the "writers" they have on right now. Alas, it's like that in many fields, especially when it comes to the arts. It's not the best singers, or the best writers, or the best actors, that are most known or most employed. It's a question of who knows who, in my opinion.

Days has gone thru a string of writers......who end up lasting less than a year, or maybe 18 mos. in the past several years. Soaps have lost some very good soap writers,(passed away) and that is what is important. Not every writer can write for a soap, and the viewing public has changed.

Whereas folks had to watch live, or miss a show, now they can tape them, zip thru commercials, or storylines/characters they don't like, thereby missing something important at times. The Public is impatient, so dragging story out for months and months, maybe years, is not possible, or feasible.

And when you constantly change writers, heck, even if you had one for over 5 years....while they may think they came up with something new, the viewers, especially those with long memories, will note this is repeat or variation of something else.

Heck, when Julie first appeared as a teen, she was caught shoplifting. That would never go over these days. Too mild. Young people have to be on drugs, driven by revenge, stealing a motor bike, as they are introduced.

But the biggest culprit in the story telling is the lack of a decent budget. It is why everything happens in one place, one room, no one has a home, etc.

Heck, when Julie first appeared as a teen, she was caught shoplifting. That would never go over these days. Too mild.

Well, maybe this could be reversed. Why would this be considered too mild? I'm sure, if written well, any story can be a good story. And maybe that's a problem with society in general. When is too much going to be, too much? Too much violence, too much angst, too much sex instead of love? Again, I may be getting old, but then again, I'm sure there could be plenty of good storylines if only the soap writers would open their minds and use their imagination.

So many people today regret the romance, the adventure, the balance that existed in Days 30 years ago. So why not bring all of this back? No offense, Poirot, of course, but I believe it would indeed go over these days, as a refreshing change. Maybe it's not too late to reverse things. To "make the pendulum swing back the other way", if you will.

Do we know his this a done deal with Stephen Nichols (Steve)? Maybe we can tweet to NBC and Ron Carlivati in support of him?

I'm pretty sure the standstill has been going on for a couple months at least so Steve will definitely be off the air. Question is for how long. I'll be attending a fan event in NY with him and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) week after next so I'll see if anything comes up there too.

There is a twitter blast happening tomorrow on his 33rd anniversary with the show. These are the accounts include anytime you want to tweet TPTB. If you have space, I would also add @sheriawriter and @rybry7.

Last edited:
@TheWriter , when I said it would not go over, I did not mean me.....I meant the writers and suits & NBC/Days. THEY are the ones dictating to the writers. Sorry if I led you or anyone astray.....

@Heather.....about 1/2 hr. ago, I sent off a tweet to almost all of those you mentioned, except for Albert Alarr...did not even think of him. Want to laugh. I started it out, Where the heck is Steve? LOL. and then I come here, and read your post.

Please, @Poirot, do not apologize. I know you were talking about the suits, the persons in charge. I was just trying to say that I find this too bad that people apparently can't watch TV anymore without it becoming too violent, or too sexual, or simply too gloomy. There is no more balance. Days used to have funny characters, enduring couples, courting, but no more of that. Mainly villains, or shady characters, no more happiness, etc.

I write children's books, as many of you here know, and I can't tell you how many times I hear kids, even parents, asking me, when looking at my books in Book Fairs (I have 22, soon 23 published titles) if I have any horror stories, with gory details, because they are used to watching horror films and series. And my public is mostly 9 to 12 years old. So, again, I find that this is just sad.

I'm sorry, I went a little off topic. :back:

@Heather.....about 1/2 hr. ago, I sent off a tweet to almost all of those you mentioned, except for Albert Alarr...did not even think of him. Want to laugh. I started it out, Where the heck is Steve? LOL. and then I come here, and read your post.

He doesn't seem very active

No, I am thinking he doesn't want the higher ups to think he is doing any rallying of the masses. Fans are upset and communicating on their own...........

Back