Lucas' Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I haven't logged on in a while and I had last read chapter 4, so I finished it today and wow, that was terrific! (And Rioks' video was just perfect for the story--I'm not even a Lucas/Sami fan but those clips were so fun--they were so young in some of them, and Sami even had lowlights, lol!) I wouldn't mind a follow-up story either about everybody realizing "Sami" was a clone and with the DiMeras paying. I haven't even been watching the show but if it had a story like this, I'd have to tune in!

kpatch, thank you so much for sharing your story!

Oh bummer....its OVER....(grabs helmet and starts sobbing into it)....man...that's a tearfully great story.....I love happy endings... bwwaaa bwwwaa bwaaa....(grabs sleeves and blows nose...gives it a critical look then places helmet back on head and lopes aways)

Bravo Kpatch...another amazing story. Tanks!

I'm telling you...this fic rocked! I truly enjoyed it and wouldn't mind a follow up story. Thanks for doing this....it was great.

I just might post my "Total Darkness" fic here.....

Okay...rew...get your stuff together, grab the gang, we're heading over to kidnap those days writers and insert some chips in their brains so that from now on they only write what kpatch tells them to!

Love ya kpatch!

They just don’t know that love eternal will not be denied

Dear Readers,

Thank you all for reading and commenting on this story. I am floored and overwhelmed by your enthusiastic response. It always means so much to me to read comments from my regular readers, as well as new readers, and readers who don't post very often, so thank you!

It's also good to know that you all miss Lucas as much as I do, but maybe not quite as much as my good friend Rioks, the most ardent Lucas fan I know. If you want Lucas back, write to the studio execs and tell them. It couldn’t hurt.

Speaking of Rioks (who is one of only two Salem Spectator members I have actually met in person), when I decided to write an exit story for Lucas, I asked what would be on her wish list for such a story. She told me three things:

1. For the current on-air Sami to be an imposter.
2. For Johnny to turn out to be Lucas’ son.
3. For Lucas to find the real Sami and live happily ever after.

This provided the framework for my story. (As an aside, Rioks never read a word of the story until you did, because I wanted her to enjoy it as it unfolded.) You may have noticed that EJ had no speaking part in this story and that was very intentional. I figured Lucas and Sami deserved some alone time.

Early in the writing stages, I was listening to my Moody Blues CD and heard one of my favorite songs of theirs, “I Know You’re Out There Somewhere.” I was thinking about Lucas and Sami and the song helped to cement it all. I thought what a coincidence it was to hear the perfect anthem for the story I was writing. “They just don’t know that love eternal will not be denied.”

So I asked Rioks if she would be willing to create a video to accompany the song, and she did not hesitate to say yes. Rioks did a fantastic job on the video. She has the uncanny ability to match the timing of the visuals to the song lyrics. Take another look at the video to see what I mean.

In my effort to be true to character, Rioks and I exchanged countless emails and a few phone calls to discuss Lucas and Sami’s history, as well as ideas for the video.

Coincidentally, I came up with the title "Lucas’ Last Stand" before Rioks reminded me that Sami’s nickname for Lucas was “General” (as in General Custer’s Last Stand). But as Rioks likes to tell me, I make my own coincidences.

So thank you to Rioks and thank you to all my readers for your continuing support. :hug:

Right now, I have two stories cooking in the oven. One is completely baked. The other one is half baked. Toward the end of next week, I will be in New Jersey visiting my mom on her 85th birthday. The story that’s completely baked will start after I return and it’s just for fun.

xoxoxox

kpatch

Yay! baked and half-baked...love em both.
(I love how you explain the connectivity in the creative universe KPatch...its a beautiful thing!)

@ Addicted....quite frankly ahs like to inject ma boot up TPTB collective butthole and put KPatch in charge....but we can still have a great roadtrip anyways. :)

I have been very busy this week and I just got to read the last two chapters. OUTSTANDING story.!!! You are so talented Kpatch!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
( Would Love something about OUR Patch and Kayla)

Obviously, I loved the story but the best part was seeing everyone else enjoy it also. The right writing makes all the difference in the world. Days would be a much better show with Kpatch as head writer (and allowed to write without interference from the producer). Thank you Kpatch and thanks to everyone for your kind remarks about the video.

Just got to finish up reading tonight and have to say thank you so very much, Kpatch (and Rioks). Since the writers of the show have made me so disappointed in what they've done with Lucas and Sami, I'm just going to pretend that your story is the real one. I guess I have been in denial anyway, ever since Sami divorced Lucas. The Sami I'm seeing on screen is someone I think of as a different character. In my mind, Sami is still back there with Lucas, and now your story has given me a frame work for previously unsettled business.

Bravo kpatch for another fantastic story!! This apparently is the only way I will see Sami & Lucas together, so I am very appreciative for this!!!

Looks like I am just missing you in Jersey. I got home & you just left. Maybe one day we can plan the same time & actually meet. We can go get some pizza at Victor's (I think that's the name) in Teaneck!

Bravo kpatch for another fantastic story!! This apparently is the only way I will see Sami & Lucas together, so I am very appreciative for this!!!

Looks like I am just missing you in Jersey. I got home & you just left. Maybe one day we can plan the same time & actually meet. We can go get some pizza at Victor's (I think that's the name) in Teaneck!

You guys live in Jersey? No way? So do I...and I work in Manhattan...so it appears we are in close proximity. I know Teaneck and Dumont pretty well....

Yay! baked and half-baked...love em both.
(I love how you explain the connectivity in the creative universe KPatch...its a beautiful thing!)

@ Addicted....quite frankly ahs like to inject ma boot up TPTB collective butthole and put KPatch in charge....but we can still have a great roadtrip anyways. :)

YOu know rew...I have this dream where it's like Clark Griswold and his boss. After being so terribly disappointed they kidnap the guy and he has a change of heart. Rioks would be Clark, You would be the brother in law :D and I would be the dog that pees on his leg. You say that didn't happen? Sure it did :wink:

Ok I know I'm a little late in my response but i just read this story. Computer viruses gotta love em. Anyways, KPatch what awesome story! THIS is how Days should be. Takes me back to the time when Days was all about the adventure. Great great job KPatch!

Ok this is my third post and I gotta say that was the best story ever. Days pales in comparison to this wonderful writing. This actually made me want to care about the show and then I realized it wasn't the show and now I hate TPTB even more. I sure do miss Lucas and Sami. That was a true love story with chemistry, passion and friendship. I just want to tell you Kpatch from the bottom of my heart how much better your story made me feel about the loss of this wonderful supercouple. I still refuse to watch the rat poo on NBC but I look forward to more of your stories. BRAVO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back