Lucas' Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...wait till Sami finds out that he DID marry Chloe...oh, oh.....

I can't believe it's coming to an end....I so miss them...oh and I loved the "coma boy" referrence.....

:happysigh:

Rew...everyone...sing with me...

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And think of all the great things we would DO
Chorus:

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say

Those were the days
Oh, yes, those were the days
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely woman really me?

Those were the days
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh, my friend, we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same...

Those were the days
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

Thanks this is a great story!!! I can't believe I cheked this out before even reading today's summery. Sorry Barb I'll be right there!!

Bravo!!!!!

(and DJM) ya got some redberry on my table too. lol!

Oh Dang!!!! We're singin' (pulls out mandolin)

la...la...la...la...Those were the days...ma friends....we lived the life we choose...we'd drink all the booze and then go dance the night awaaaaaaay!

yeeeehaw. :)

@ Addicted to DOOL. Thanks for the song. It brought back so many memories.
@ Rew. So sorry about the Redberry will be right over to clean it up. I was just happy I missed the computer this morning.

Chapter 16

MELASWEN ISLAND

Lucas: What did they tell you about me? Did they tell you I died?
Sami: Worse than that. They told me you married Chloe. But I knew that one was a lie.
Lucas clears his throat.
Sami: What’s the matter? ... What? ... No... I don’t believe it. You and Ghoul Girl???
Lucas: So ... how about those Cubbies?
Sami: You’re not getting off that easy.
Lucas: Believe me, I didn’t. Listen, we have time to talk about that later.
Sami: You’re right. We need to get out of here.
Lucas: We will. Soon. I’ve got a cab waiting.
Sami: A cab???
Lucas: Cab. Airplane. Whatever. Right now, I want to hear about what happened to you. Are you okay? Did they hurt you?
Sami: You mean other than the psychological torture? No, not really.
Lucas: You must have been so scared.
Sami: You know, when I first got here, it never occurred to me that I would be here for years. I was sure someone would come looking for me. Then I realized you must all think I’m dead. Just like what happened to my mother and my father and Hope and John and Steve and Tony. I remembered what they went through by being kept away from their families for so long. That was the worst part of it.
Lucas: Sami, the reason no one came looking for you is that ... we didn’t know you were missing.
Sami: It’s a good thing I don’t have a fragile ego or that comment would hurt like hell.
Lucas: They put a lookalike in your place. And she was darned convincing too.
Sami: A lookalike! And you really thought she was me? Did you and she ...
Lucas: No! Never.
Sami: Why not?
Lucas: Because ... well, partly because I suspected from the start that something wasn’t quite right. Plus, we weren’t together, you know, because of EJ.
Sami: Oh him.
Lucas: And Ralph. I mean Rafe.
Sami: Who’s Rafe?
Lucas: No one. He’s not important. Apparently EJ wasn’t in on the big switch. He thinks the Sami who’s in Salem is really you.
Sami: And they’re living together as husband and wife?
Lucas: No. Another long story.
Sami: Speaking of long stories, I still can’t get over you and ghoul girl.
Lucas: Sure you can. I did. Hey, you know what? I have reason to believe that you and EJ were never legally married.
Sami: Seriously?
Lucas: After EJ got shot, the marriage license didn’t get signed.
Sami smiles.
Sami: That’s the best news I’ve heard all year, literally.
Lucas: Oh there’s more. Lucas smiles like a Cheshire cat and Sami’s eyes grow wide.
Sami: Are you serious? Really?
Lucas: What? Have you suddenly become a mindreader?
Sami: It’s about Johnny, isn’t it?
Lucas: As a matter of fact, it is.
Sami: I knew it! I knew it. I always knew that he had to be yours. He looks so much like you.
Lucas: He is super good-looking, isn’t he?
Sami: After all this time, you’re still just as full of yourself as ever.
Lucas: Yea, but not without good reason.
Sami: Johnny is yours. I’m so happy I’m speechless.
Lucas: That would be a first.
Sami: What else? What else did I miss? Tell me everything.
Lucas: I will. But first I want to hear about what happened to you. Do you remember what happened when you got abducted?
Sami: Like it was yesterday.

To be continued...

Great Chapter. Love the back and forth Sami and Lucas did. Laughed when Sami told Lucas he was not going to get off easy for marrying Chloe and Lucas says believe me I didn't. So looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks kpatch.

OMG Kpatch!!! This is a wonderful story. I have always loved Lucas and Sami together. This is how it should have been.
Thank you!

I can't believe this wonderful story is almost over. Am loving Sami & Lucas back together again.

Fantastic Job Kpatch!!!:clap: I can't wait to hear what happened to Sami and when... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this story!!! :clap:

Looks like kpatch is the real hero of Days.

Thanks again for such a wonderful couple of weeks! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ah you got me again! I waited a few days so I could read them and not be on the edge of my sit, but here I sit on the very edge of my seat! LOL Great Job, I'm loving it.

Chapter 17

MELASWEN ISLAND

Lucas: Do you remember what happened when you got abducted?
Sami: Like it was yesterday. It was Christmas. I was waiting for you at the Horton’s, and Billie told me you weren’t coming, so I left to find you. I guess I was speeding, because I got pulled over. The cop turned out to be one of Stefano’s goons. He chloroformed me and I don’t remember anything else after that. I think I was unconscious for a really long time. Eventually I woke up here on the island and started exploring this place. At first, there were a bunch of guards on different shifts, but one by one, they disappeared. I heard one of them say something about budget cuts. I tried again and again to find a way to escape but ...
Lucas: But the place is surrounded by a 20 foot-high electrified fence.
Sami: That’s right. Hey, how did you get in???
Lucas: I climbed the fence.
Sami: So you are a superhero! Which one? Spiderman?
Lucas: No. I cracked the code. There’s a keypad outside the fence.
Sami [skeptically]: Oh really? Piece of cake, huh?
Lucas: For someone like me it was.
Sami: Smartass. I guess that’s why Chloe fell in love with you.
Lucas: You’re not gonna let this go, are you? Okay, here’s the Reader’s Digest version. The Dimeras orchestrated the whole thing. I was just as much a victim as you. You see, Chloe was used by them as a distraction to keep my mind off of you. The truth is ... I’ve never so miserable as I was these last two and half years because even though you were in my life, you weren’t part of my life. Sami, there’s never been anybody else for me but you. You know that.
Sami: I know. I just needed to hear you say it.
Lucas: So finish your story. How did you survive by yourself all this time?
Sami: Every so often, a helicopter dropped food and supplies here. Along with a note telling me which family member died.
Lucas: Unbelievable. ... So what did you do with the food?
Sami: What do you mean what did I do with the food? I cooked it.
Lucas: Are you sure you’re not an imposter?
Sami [stifling a laugh]: Shuddup. I also taught myself how to make a campfire and tried signalling planes.
Lucas: What do you mean you taught yourself? I taught you how to make a campfire years ago.
Sami: Anyway, the smoke signals didn’t work. But the last guard accidentally left his cell phone here. He must have stopped paying for it because the phone itself didn’t work, but for some reason, the Internet did. I was able to get on the Internet and I found this site called Facebook, so I tried looking you up. I saw a few Lucas Hortons, but they turned out not to be you. I would have tried to find other people in my family, but I thought they were dead. Eventually it occurred to me to look you up under Lucas Roberts. Did you and Mommy make up? Why are going by Lucas Roberts again?
Lucas: Well, I’m not. But when I registered on Facebook, I used Roberts instead of Horton because I wanted to get in touch with some of my buddies from the academy. They only knew me as Lucas Roberts.
Sami: Uh oh. I just remembered something.

Tune in tomorrow for the final chapter of Lucas’ Last Stand...

This has been such an exciting and interesting story - loved Sami's line about budget cuts!! As much as I can't wait until tomorrow - I don't want it to come because I know this story will be over. Kpatch! Yoy have done an amazing job with Lucas and I want to say Thank You very very much!!

Oh no, I am going to be computerless for 2 days... I have to wait until Friday night!!!:cry2:

kpatch I love this story... it makes me miss Lucas so much & he really is Sami's perfect match.

Bravo, Bravo. :clap: :highfive:
I am loving this story as I love Sami and Lucas together. They are true soul mates and best friends and light up the screen.:love:

Oh no what did Sami just remember. Can't wait till tomorrow to find out. This is one amazing story. So hope they are going to find out they are still married, or get married at the end before going back home to Salem. Won't Stefano be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back