SPOILER !! May Sweeps return teaser

I'd personally prefer John-Paul Lavoisier's (Philip) return and performance because Jay Kenneth Johnson (ex-Philip) doesn't want to return. The current headwriter (Ron Carlivati) wrote a lot of good stuff for his OLTL character and could probably bring back the "bounce" in Philip. Of course, there's no sign he's returning, sadly.

Right now, Jason is right. There is no sign whatsoever that Philip might be on the canvas. However, I will give credit, that Ron C. (headwriter) has managed to spread story around, bring back some familiar characters, even if very short time periods. Yes, I do feel some characters have been shortchanged. Frankly I am tired of Kate being everywhere, all things to all people. Steve was poisoned by John, went blind, and got shoved into the background. THAT is not fair at all. l

One thing I don't care for is concentration on one storyline several days/weeks in a row, to the detriment of other Salemites. They get thrown in one day during the week, and disappear again.

This is what I've been saying as well. There needs to be more than one "A" story going at once. I'm glad that people like Marlena, Jennifer and Steve have gotten into the DID story but it doesn't substitute for them having their own stories as well. Plus, even though I like Abigail, I don't want to see her or any character driving story 5 days a week. This show has lost its balance entirely.

To Jason's point, the entire Chloe story went a week between airings. Wednesday's episode ended with Dr. Laura reveling herself to Hope yet yesterday there was no sign of Hope and it was a new day. That's bad continuity.

I can understand a writer getting all interested and wound up in one story, wanting to add this, that, the other, get thru......but this is not prime time drama.....it is daytime soap, continuing storylines. Sticking with just one, no ,matter how intriguing, will not keep the audience going. (Even prime time moves around).

Yes, a lot more Salemites have been drawn into this DID story.....but ....Gabi was beat up badly, in a prison where she should not be held, except for vindictive Trask, and she disappears for over a week. Oh, they manage to have Rafe get a call to tell him.......we still don't get that story. I had read somewhere about Gabi having surgery??? Was never mentioned, or referred to, so, perhaps it was cut??? (they do that a lot, a shame they give out spoilers then decide to cut the scene)

Yes, Days needs to balance out, sweeps or no sweeps. They have given tidbits about the teen angst, Bella contest, Chloe, Lucas, Eve & Brady, mostly time filler conversations, that are, as I said, little tidbits thrown in here and there once a week, if that.

The only time I remember a dedicated episode with MOSTLY one character, was when JJ was going to commit suicide, wrote all the letters, etc. But then, Gabi arrived. But it really was well done. Don't remember any others, off hand.

I don't know about episodes focused on just one character, but they've done special episodes where the whole show is on one particular story, with no jumping around.

Didn't they do that with Jack at the support group with men who suffered PTSD?

And the time they had Sami finding out about Abby and EJ having sex, and she went after Abby. Remember her going after Abby at the Horton house and a pregnant Abby falling down the stairs? (Abby wasn't really pregnant, it was just a nightmare or daydream; can't remember if it was EJ's or Abby's).

Bo and Hope returning JT to his dad Glenn, and Barb. (that one was actually shown commercial free, sponsored by Kleenex).

I know there have been more over the years.

Yes, one particular storyline has been the focus of the an episode here and there, but I honestly just cannot recall an episode with just one character thruout, except the one with JJ. In fact Ron Carlivatti praised Casey Moss (JJ) after the show won best daytime drama at the Emmys, saying they could not have done this without him. I am guessing they submitted that episode, or part of it......???

And if JJ's suicidal feelings and depression storyline is done, then Days truly trivialized the lasting effects and counselling that takes place to beat depression and suicidal thoughts and feelings.

But Casey Moss (JJ) did do an outstanding job with his acting.

I guess the ones Just Samantha mentioned were what I was thinking about. I couldn't think of specifics, just recall at the time thinking it was more than I wanted to see on one thing. Probably the thing about Sami, Abby and EJ.

Yes, the acting was good for the JJ story!

Where’s Ben’s picture? I heard he is returning!

Back