Must have brand name grocery items?

I have a RubberMaid bread container and keep bread in it in the refrigerator. It doesn't get hard
and lasts a long time.

I love McCormick's Salad Supreme for making pasta salad. It really adds a lot of taste to the Italian dressing.

It really does. I can't make my pasta salad without it.

I have an iPhone, iPad, Mac, and an Apple TV. Anything that isn't Apple is Greek to me. If I didn't use a PC at work I would forget how one works.

If you put your bread in the FREEZER, taking out 1/2 dozen slices or so, that you keep in a zip lock bag, your bread will not get hard, nor moldy. You just take out another 4-6 slices when you use up the first batch, do the same.

I usually keep a loaf on top of the deep freeze which is usually ok because it's not cold or warm. There is a bread box but hardly use it anymore. I guess I didn't "rotate" it LOL. If it stays on one side too long it's sure to mold. I have 4 people in the house. Sometimes they eat it all and sometimes it just sits there. I gotta make sure I keep it rotated. lol.

If you put your bread in the FREEZER, taking out 1/2 dozen slices or so, that you keep in a zip lock bag, your bread will not get hard, nor moldy. You just take out another 4-6 slices when you use up the first batch, do the same.
Great idea, but I'd have to make room in the freezer first. Zero room available now. :)

Poirot, thanks for suggesting that. I have to keep an extra loaf of bread in the freezer because it is so far for me to go to town if I run out. Never thought of taking out a few pieces at a time.

I was brought up on Mrs. Baird's bread. Would eat no other until a couple of years ago, when I switched to Sunbeam. I like it a lot better now and buy only that, when possible.

Does anyone remember Delsey toilet tissue? I was raised on that too, then when I met my husband he worked for Charmin Paper, supervising the installation and maintenance of the huge machines that made toilet paper. At first I argued that Delsey was the softest toilet paper going, but I soon realized that Charmin was indeed superior. We still use it, though I can't compare it with anything today, since I haven't bought anything else in over 40 years.

Skippy for me, too. I get surprised myself about how I don't even realize at times that I am so into a certain brand. Admit through the years I have tried other brands of various things, found them lacking, so I guess we all do that. Something is really good bargain and on sale, so what the heck. Ha. Nope, turns out to be just not better. :)

It's got to be Peter Pan peanut butter for me! Well, that is what I always ate and what I still buy for the husband. I switched to Smucker's all natural peanut butter for myself some years ago. It's a hassle to mix up the oil before the first use though. The last jar of Peter Pan crunchy that I bought had taken crunchy to a whole new level. It is so full of peanut bits, I almost couldn't spread it!

Well, I think she should have added/ asked if there was some reason HE could not stir the peanut butter.

and this to Wayne...I know you love Apple, I have family that does as well. I myself started on computers with a Mac. It had a huge 1 whole kb of space to use. LOL When I wanted to get on the internet (and that computer died) I got another and on to the internet I went. Alas, My Apple computer was not welcome on a lot of sites, I had limited ability to visit where I wanted to go. But it sure was great for my work stuff, and writing. Want to know how many Mac programs I still have on CD?
When it was fried by lightning, I switched over to the Windows...and was even more pleased, as it came loaded with programs I needed to use for my work. And amazingly, had just adopted the pull down menus that Apple invented.

But then....apple began to price itself out of the common market, while Windows based machines went down in price, but excluded the programs that used to come bundled with it.

Just like meds (think the recent Epi injections scandal) the companies made it harder and harder to really enjoy a computer. And then, along comes the smaller little electronic devices, that so many love, but are useless for many things. Everyone ends up with carpal tunnel, wrist cramping, pain, etc.
So yes, there are limits to some items, not just Apple, admittedly. but the costs of it all are beyond many folks.

I must have Coca-Cola, I view Pepsi as the weaker soda lol.

I must have name brand tinfoil, name brand breads, name brand frozen waffles and fries.

I am sure there are more things but everything slips my mind right now.

If I buy a half-gallon, it'll be gone in a day. If I buy a full gallon, it'll turn before I get 1/2 way through it.
Great idea, but I'd have to make room in the freezer first. Zero room available now. :)

The freezer space problem kills my suggestion for the milk issue. At my house, even a half gallon will go bad before being used. We'll buy a gallon and divide it up into one liter (approx. 1 quart) bottles, put one in the refrigerator and the other 3 in the freezer. Thaw as needed. Though if it stays in the freezer too long (many months), it'll separate when it thaws, and smell weird.

But then....apple began to price itself out of the common market, while Windows based machines went down in price, but excluded the programs that used to come bundled with it.
I get that, but what I think you don't quite understand is that you're comparing Apples to Oranges here, or in this case, "1956's Corvettes to 2016 Corvettes". The original Mac that you started with is not even remotely related to the current Operating system in absolutely ANY way (outside of the name of the company)... I never used the older operating systems, or the older Macs. I was a Commodore Amiga guy, but when I try to use -- for example -- System 7 on the old Macintosh, it's completely unbearable to OS X 10.11 (today's OS).

As for price, it's actually a case of "you get what you pay for" in most cases... I recently moved my dad from his typical "cheapest PC he could buy" to an i5 Mac Mini and he's EXTREMELY happy now. He doesn't get bogged down in how to get Windows to work, he just clicks an icon and it works. There's also the fact that the hardware in today's Mac Mini is custom designed and -- so far -- far more reliable than your average big-box "Dell" or "HP" which uses commodity parts which have a much higher failure rate.

That being said, I'm not your average user. In what I do (video production), I needed a high end Mac (Intel i7 or better) but I also needed two monitors. Trouble is, a Mac Mini couldn't handle my workload, so that left me with the Mac Pro which starts at what... $3000?

To that end, I went down to MicroCenter locally (think old school electronics store for computer parts) and bought all the stuff to hand-build a high-end PC (i7, 64gb RAM, 1TB SSD Drive, high end video card, etc) and that cost me about $1200. I bought two 27" high resolution (1440p) monitors for about $600 and then I installed Mac OS X on it. Now for all intents and purposes, I have the ultimate Mac Pro-level machine for under $2000...

Would I rather have a Mac Pro? Absolutely, but even I have a price point... :) (making your point for you)..

Wayne

My cat likes canned Friskies. He won't eat the pate for some reason.

Back