Official notice on copyrights

First off I want to say HI! :wave: to all the new posters. boy do we have a lot and that is great news!!!! but this stealing of your work is not and will not be taken laying down!! Poirot, you and Wayne do whatever it is that you must and know that we all stand behind you 100%!!!!!!!

mamaspam wrote:
I am behind you 100% also. Maybe what you should do to catch them is post something totally false, something totally wrong and when they post it, you can bust them. I have to admit I have copied and pasted some of the jokes and sent them to my friends e-mail accounts, but I usually ask if it is o.k. before I do it. Is this o.k. or would you prefer we didn't do it. I say bust 'em, and then shut them down...

I thought of that, Mamaspan, but I would not want to compromise my integrity. I tell what I SEE,& unless it is April Fool's Day, lol, would not want to mislead any of the folks who rely on the summary. :wave:

As to the jokes, you are a sweetheart to ask, and it made me laugh. The only forum copyrighted here at the Spectator IS the Day Ahead Forum. Heck, the jokes we usually get via e-mail and are definitely in the public domain. So are the recipes in the Cookbook, etc.

Feel free to copy and send the jokes on to your friends.

Poirot,
Thanks for the information as to what is copyrighted and what isn't. I wasn't sure and would rather ask than do something wrong. I love this site, and hate to see someone ripping you all off. You all put a lot of time, energy and effort into it. I don't know if both you and Wayne realize how much we appreciate all that you do to keep this site up and running. Keep up the good work.

People pleae don't do that I get all my juicy updates here and would hate for this to ruin it.

I'd have said "sand people" but that's probably a little bit of a stretch between the hourglass and star wars. :)
:rotfl: For members like me....... that's no stretch! The tiny Star Wars geek inside me has a constant battle with the DOOL addict residing next to it. :rotfl:

I agree that what is posted here stays here. Y'all aren't monsters or related to the DiMeras! All someone would have to do is ask! This is a very kind, open-minded, funny, giving forum. I bet, in most instances, y'all would say, "Sure....you can borrow that"....or at least let people link back to items of intrest! I'm sorry that you feel you are being "harsh". Not true! There's always that one bad apple that wants to ruin it for everyone else, so you have good reason to have to post the copyright rules! Just like there is a reason that there is a tag on blow dryers that say, "Do not use while in the bath tub" and "do not use while sleeping". Some moron had to have done it for there to be a warning against it!! :duh:
Thanks for all the day ahead peeks, spoilers, DOOL talk, etc. LONG LIVE SALEM SPECTATOR!!

Don't feel bad for having to do some housekeeping. The only ones that would be offended are the offenders. We don't want them here anyway. Do what you need to do to protect our site. Thanks for all your hard work, it is appreciated and valued. :clap:

that is a shame. I love the salem spec. ! it is wonderful information, why would anyone take and make it their own!
it belongs here, it should stay here!

I am very very new to this site. I have been watching it for a while. I just recently started posting replys to certain messages. I have never done this before. It is fun. I hope we can continue to chat here for a long long time.

I just joined, but I agree with Wayne. Do whatever you have to do to stop someone from stealing your stuff. Keep up the good work. Love this site to get all my info and see everyone else's opinions. I've been a Days fan for years. Thanks guys for all you do.

Debbie57

I've been reading this site for awhile now and love it dearly, I just joined to participate and I pray no one ruins this site.

I don't get to watch much DOOL's and I pretty much depend on this site to keep me informed.

Love you guys. Keep up the great work!

I'm new to this forum, and just read your Offical Notice on copyrights. Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks, lol it's become sort of a tradition every night my mother comes over and we both watch Days which I have preprogrammed to record. But our schedules for the last few and the next few days, puts that tradition on hold. It's so great to still be able to get together for that treasured cup of coffee and know that we won't miss much, via your Days Ahead section, thanks to your dedication. So thank you very much.

Emma

upset!

Dear Poirot and Wayne,
I must say that I feel very sorry for those less fortunate to have the abilitys of being devoted, and care for no one but them selves. I must say that I used to read another post by someone whom did the same thing that you do now, it was a "Days Ahead forum" can't right now pull from my mind, it is on the tip of my tong, or braind if you would. lol But what I am trying to say is I was totally lost and disipointed when they had to shut down but did leave a referance to your "Days Ahead". I work daily and sometimes I can sneak down to the board room and watch and sometimes I can't. I am very thankful for your hard work. Still a little confused on the new set up but I will figure out. Keep up the good work and I too, will keep my eyes peeled for the copy cat sometimes I take the time to play on the comp.

Read and agreed upon! Thank you for all that you do!:smile:

Oh I don't think it's heavy handed at all! Don't you guys always say to LINK to the Day aheads? I don't know why anyone would have aproblem following that. I'm sorry some are causing you all to go to these lengths. I'm very upset for you and will even let you know if I see this happening on any of the other sites I visit. WOW. I'm just kind of shocked.

In other words:

What happens in our Spectator, stays in our Spectator....!!

Right on Wayne, we all love this site and expect you and Poirot to do what ever is necessary to protect it.

Very well said PAllison. I would have thought what you said represents how we all feel and I am so disappointed to hear there are those here who are not respecting the hardwork that Barb and Wayne put in for us. This is my home for DOOL and always will be. I go to other sites only when I'm sent there by a link from this board in a post.

Barb and Wayne, you are the greatest and do what you must to protect this board and yourselves. We are behind you!

Wayne and Poirot......This is intolerable and I hope you find out who the culprit is. We are loyal to the hilt here and to THE ONE that is doing this, You Have No Place Here. ShaSha

Do what you need to do. This is the most enjoyable site out there, the others don't even come close. You guys are great, and reading the Days Ahed is one of the highlights of my day. Thank you.

I don't know how I missed reading this when I joined a few months ago, but I hope and pray that since this was originally written on April 27, 2007, that you -Wayne & Barb - have been able to put a stop to it by now!!!!! If not, is there anything we can do????????????? I normally don't believe in suing people, but in this case, I say sue away - it's pure stealing!!!!!!!!

Barb,
I read both paragraphs and you are right on the money - if that's not plagiarism, I don't know what is!!!! If this was a school issue, they'd get an "F". I had already had the thought of making up the Days Ahead one day and really being able to catch them; I understand why you don't feel you can do that, but isn't there some way to let EVERYONE of your loyal fans know what you are doing.

You just don't know how sick it makes me to know someone is stealing your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanging is too good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy, am I ever mad!!!!! I can't believe I am so riled up. I am sick as a dog and have to shower and get in bed - it's 1:55 a.m. my time. Please let me know how this is going!!!!!! I am truly concerned!!!!!!

I never paid much attention to this before but I agree that our stuff should stay here! I rarely go anywhere unless someone posts a link to look what Dawn has to say or to go check out a tribute of Jason's. Occasionally I look up a family history on Beth's page or read a character description on Soap Central. but that's about it. I don't think the write ups at other sites compare to ours. We are simply the best!!

Loved the reference to the Sand People. :)

Back