Prayer request for my son

Thank you all so much for the continued prayers. I just talked to the hospital and found out that we are not actually waiting on another doctor to review the previous CT scans. We are waiting on an appointment for an MRI. My mother-in-law - well soon to be ex-mother-in-law - works with someone who's daughter works in neurology at that particular hospital and she said that this is very common and they see it every day. She also said that they will not have the patients come in right away. They will give it a little while so that they can compare the MRI to the CT scans to see what's going on if anything (growth, decrease, etc.). So while I would love to have definite answers right this moment, I'm at least content to learn that he has not been put on the back burner.

I'll second what Jammers said. That is definitely something that you should have been told sooner, without having to go through slightly convoluted connections. I know the clinic you went to couldn't have know that neurology was going to have you wait for a while, so that they could compare the two, and I know Childrens is busy, but you'd think they'd have someone to call or send out a letter saying what the hold up is, not just leave you hanging like that. The staff at Childrens know that they are primarily dealing with worried parents. (There are cases where they treat adults.)

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and positive thoughts. I got a letter on Friday from the hospital and we are scheduled for two appointments on August 9th. We have to be at the hospital before 6:00am for the 1st appointment and then the 2nd appointment will be at 7:30am. I figure the 2nd appointment will be to talk to the doctor. Apparently they aren't too worried about it to schedule it that far out.

So far, Ethan is still doing great. We haven't had any more headache spells. Praise the Lord!!

I got a letter clarifying the appointments this weekend. The 9th is strictly for the MRI. We have to be there at 6:00 for prep and then the MRI will take place at 7:30. We won't talk to the doctor about what they saw until the following Tuesday. So the waiting game continues but at least I know more about what is going on with the appointments now.

Thank you all so much!! Your thoughts and prayers really mean the world to me!

:) Praise the Lord, and let us keep the prayers going to see him through, and that you get wonderful news when the ordeal is over.....:clap::mad:They call me Chatty Cathy.... Just spotted her... She is my alter ego, and the prayers will go out for your son... and for strength for his mother...

Just a quick update - even tho there's not much of an update. Good news is that we have had no more headaches like the ones that sent us to the doctor initially. To my knowledge, he hasn't had any more headaches at all. His MRI is scheduled for a week from today with a follow up the following Tuesday. Thank you so much for all your prayers!

I know I'm not here much. I try to keep the weight loss thread going but I need to ask you guys for prayers.

Since March, my kids and I just seem to keep taking hits. My suspicions about my husband having an affair were confirmed. I found out 2 days after the baby from the affair was born. Things have not been pleasant as far as the divorce proceedings and such. I won't go into all the details and now people are coming to me with rumors about him & her & the baby. I've been able to halt the majority of the rumors, talks of their lives, etc. from making it to me because they don't pertain to me and my boys but I can't stop all of it.

This weekend, I had to take my 6 year old son to a walk-in clinic for a 101-102 fever. Being a holiday weekend I didn't want him to have to fight it any longer than he had do. The Nurse Practitioner said that he had the symptoms of strep but the test came back negative. She treated him for it anyway because she said that we had caught it very early and other missing symptoms would probably show up in the next couple of days (stomach ache, head ache, & a rash). A rash showed up Monday afternoon but disappeared just as quickly with only a few remaining spots. Then on Tuesday, he developed headaches so severe that it woke him from his sleep and prevented him from going back to sleep. Even after giving him tylenol & motrin, he was still whimpering from pain when he was finally able to go to sleep. I called the clinic back and they wanted to see him. After speaking with the doctor, they ordered a CT scan. I spoke with the Nurse Practitioner today and they are referring him to the children's hospital here in Arkansas. They said the scans revealed a cyst that they think is nothing but they want it evaluated further.

Needless to say, this momma is terrified, worried, and stressed more now than before. If you guys could just add him to your prayers I would greatly appreciate it. Pray that this cyst is nothing more than a cyst that goes and stays away and that there is no lingering effects or recurrences from it in the future.
first let me say my prayers go out you your son and your family. I am sure you have heard some of and most of things I am going to say. but I will say it again in hopes it comforts you. I have been the problem with your husband before. I love your comment because its true. what can you do about what others do so don't sweat it. God does everything for a reason. nothing you do in the dark stay that way for long. You will find someone that god has for you and you will be happy. this is a test. stay strong and god will take care of the rest. god did give us the sprit of fear so have none. pray and again god will do the rest. may all your fears be put to rest and your dreams come true. but, you must believe. god bless

Well we had the MRI today. The good news is that they didn't see anything drastic that required more testing or additional pictures. it lasted the amount of time that the dr said it would and my baby boy is running around acting like himself again now that the anesthesia has worn off. The bad news is that we still won't have any answers until next Tuesday. it seems so far away when you are waiting for results.

I can't begin to express how much your prayers for my baby have meant to me. Thank you all so much!

Back