Rafe and Hope - Yea or Nay?

Do you like Rafe and Hope as a couple?

• Yes

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters
I voted no, I don't like them at all. If it were up to me, she would be in prison for murder and he would also be in prison for helping her. The only thing I would like to see is for them to be a couple of prisoners. I hope Aiden goes after her for arresting and hitting him for no reason.

Last edited:
Today's episode was a good example of why I feel they are being forced. Today was the day before a 2 week hiatus and they dominated the episode. Not only that but their scenes were very one dimensional whereas everyone else's this week have been very layered. Jen yesterday talking to Maggie about Tate. Lucas and Adrienne today discussing their wedding as well as Abby with JJ and Jen. Then we get these Hope and Rafe scenes where they are written in a bubble until Roman showed up. Why not discuss Gabi being attacked or Shawn/Ciara? They don't have to do that for the entire episode but it would help.

Last edited:
I'm sad we didn't get a chemistry test with these 2. I think they could be good together as well.

I agree - Deimos and Hope could have been very interesting indeed. Especially if she fell & fell HARD for him before she found out he was/is behind Bo's torture/death. And if by some weird happenstance (this IS Salem) Deimos didn't know who Hope was? Wow. That could have been soapy good!

But hey! Rafe!!:eek:

KathyLu, thanks for doing the poll. Interesting to see how close the results are so far

I voted no! Yes, Hope and Rafe are being pushed down our throats to digest just as much as Sami and EJ have been, much to our protests! In truth, I yawn during Hope and Rafe scenes and fast forward them like I did for Friday's episode. They are dull and boring as a couple in truth. No excitement, just Rafe enabling Hope's mistakes.

No. They feel very forced to me.

I don't understand why Hope 'needs' a man, she's never been that type of character before. And I just can't deal with Rafe. As a cop and brother and whatever, fine, but every time he's in a romantic pairing I just go ugh. I don't know what it is.

You're right, this is Days and I think they'd break them up again the minute they returned to Salem. I mean, right now they're happy and have a baby and living across the pond so naturally if they ever do come back, the writers would break this marriage down in an instant.

NOOO!!! For as much as I dislike Rafe and Hope together, I'd rather watch Rafe boinking Hope in Horton Town Square for a month, over even one kiss with Ice-Cube Carrie.
Such an event would be the ultimate test for Town Square bystanders. They usually don't even glance at the likes of ranting Jenny, bickering couples, or criminal conspirators. Would they be able to resist a glance at Rafe and Hope getting amorous atop one of Mandalay Bay's tables? As for Ice-Cube Carrie, if she found Rafe is off-limits, she probably would suddenly find Shaggy Phil irresistible. And if no men her age were available, she might decide to emulate Kate and start dipping into the younger generation for bedmates, and take up with JJ who has already displayed a taste for older women.
I doubt they'd break up Carrie and Austin again at this point but this is Days after all lol.
If they did decide to have overheated ice-cube lover leave her dolt of a husband, it wouldn't be hard. They could simply have had Carrie cheating on the hapless Austin with half the bankers, watchmakers, chocolatiers, cuckoo-clock craftsmen, yodelers, and ski instructors in Switzerland. Sami would love this. It would give her the chance to say: "Carrie is such a tramp. I HATE her!"

And if no men her age were available, she might decide to emulate Kate and start dipping into the younger generation for bedmates, and take up with JJ who has already displayed a taste for older women.
I'm not caring for JJ at the moment, but even he doesn't deserve that punishment! :rotfl:

Let's push her off on the Portland Putz, Aiden. Or have her become enamored with crazy-cakes Ben as a prison groupie girl.

JS, Carrie and Ben would be a great combination. Carrie and Austin could return to Salem, and while Austin tries to keep busy, Carrie restarts her lost-cat law practice. In between finding lost kitties and earning extra money by dressing up as "Princess Hag" at children's parties, she takes an interest in Ben's case. After a few prison visits, she falls in love with the Weston weirdo and decides to seek a new trial, claiming that Ben was driven insane by Abigail rather than vice-versa and that he's not guilty of any of his crimes because of Deveraux-induced temporary insanity. Although Jeannie T. and Anne Milbauer agree that Deverauxs can drive people crazy, her legal campaign to free Ben involves Ms. Ice-Cube in numerous loud confrontations with Jenny, JJ, Chad, and the friends of Will and Paige, (Serena has no supporters left in Salem.) Meanwhile, D.A. Aiden Jennings seeks to burnish his image by loudly proclaiming that his office will keep Ben in prison where he belongs.

I hate them both so much. Hope doesn't deserve happiness and Rafe is just stupid.

Back