Sleepy Hollow

Yep, all of that plus a strong sensible kick butt female lead! And who knew Ichabod Crane could be sexy!

Good! For me it has more of a Fringe/X Files vibe. Both of which I was addicted to.

I kind of watched it on hulu last night but was in and out of the episode. I like the premise and the lead characters, but found myself not being able to get into it. I think I'll have to watch it again with no distractions cause I'm sure I'll like it. Sleepy Hollow has such mystery and just the name draws you in. You know there ain't no sleeping going on in a town called Sleep Hollow!!

I dvr'd it. Will watch in the next couple of days. With Breaking Bad ending I think I'm gonna try and get my hubby to watch Revolution from the beginning on Netflix.

I just saw it. I love it. It makes you wonder if it is coming.

I never saw Fringe, but I loved X-Files and Highlander.

I'll probably watch it on the internet next time. Too many
things to tape next week.

Well, the show is holding up for me, loved last night's episode. IMO it strikes the right mix of genuine scare power and humor, without what's become an expected gore factor. More grim stuff is implied rather than shown.

LOL, I did not watch, could not get past the idea of Ichabod Crane getting updated. LOL

Though I have now gotten past Sherlock Holmes in modern times with a female Dr. Watson, so who knows???

I loved in the first episode when the police officer said "put your hands on your h..." and his voice trailed off when he saw he was headless! LOL!

LOL Barb, I myself still can't get past Jeremy Brett's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes. IMO he defined the role. I won't even watch Robert Downy, Jr.as Sherlock. I did like the Sleepy Hollow Movie with Johnny Depp so I was open to another interpretation. This version actually, while done in the present, does homage to original concept by also giving a nod to another Washington Irving Story (Rip Van Winkle), by having Ichabod awaken after being asleep for 250 years. The show actually goes back and forth in time through flashbacks so its not like they're throwing out the rest of the concept. The biggest difference is that Ichabod isn't a cowardly figure here and his school teacher status has been elevated to former Oxford Professor turned spy against tyrannical England on the side of the American Rebels.

I didn’t think I would like this show but again I was wrong. I enjoyed the first episode that I watched it twice, and will probably watch the 2nd one again. We all know that there will be a love interest for Mr. Crane and I hope its not Abbie I don’t feel the chemistry between them just friendship, I’m hoping they keep Crane’s dead witch wife and some how they get back together because I think they really loved each other.

Well, as has been repeatedly brought up on this site, chemistry is a subjective. I also think its pretty early on (in what will hopefully become a seven year run) to decide how we want things to turn out. Also having been a fan of former shows produced and written by the current show runners, they seem to specialize in stories that tell the journey of relationships. If you're familiar with either Alias or Fringe, main characters started out in solid relationships, suffered a great loss of that significant other, initially find support and friendship with someone they work with, which leads to an even stronger bound. That might not be where they are going, but I'm hoping that it is. At the beginning of Fringe I had no idea of how much I'd end up enjoying Olivia and Peter, especially when Anna Torv's (Olivia) husband (Mark Valley) played the (dead, but not so dead) love of her life for entire first season. IMO the writing of Peter and Olivia's journey had as much to do with their story as did the supposed "chemistry" between the actors. As for Sleepy Hollow, I'm wiling to wait and see where they intend to take us.

I enjoyed the 2nd episode.

Funny stuff when everything in his hotel room labeled
so he knows how it works. Funny line about having
more than one bullet in his gun.

I hope the ratings were still good last night.

“Sleepy Hollow” earned a strong second week, with 3.1/8 and 8.6 million viewers.

Thanks for the info.

I try not to get too involved with new shows
since some of them don't last.

I couldn't get into it & I really wanted to. Can't even explain why. The movie with Casper Van Dien :love: must've spoiled any other rendition for me.

Back