Soap stars as guests on other shows, part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaK in AZ

Reaction score
This past weekend saw another Lifetime movie with Camila Banus (Gabi) as the main villain, of course. It is a relatively recent movie. Also an ad for a new Lifetime movie with Linsey Godfrey (Sarah). As much as she annoys me, I will watch to see if I could actually like the actress, if she is playing someone other than Sarah.

But, Lifetime doesn't usually hire actresses to stretch and usually casts them as characters similar to those they have been playing (for example, every movie that Kate Mansi (Abby) and Camila Banus (Gabi) have been in have had them be the sneaky villain/stalker/killer. Oh wait - Kate Mansi was in one as a regular person and only had something like 2 lines!)

I saw one last night, I thought it was for an upcoming Christmas movie, but those are frequently from the past.

That's what I think this one I've been seeing is--coming up for Christmas but not really new. He has a beard and I almost didn't recognize him.

Yes. They only show on Hallmark Now [streaming service] as they are older films.

I don't think the one I saw was for streaming. It was for Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel on Dish.

John Clarke played Mickey....Frank Parker played Grampa Shawn Brady

Trevor Donovan (Jeremy) was in a Hallmark Movies & Mysteries movie called Nostalgic Christmas last night. I tend to prefer the movies on this channel over the regular Hallmark Channel as these seem to be better quality.

I've been seeing ads with Trevor Donovan (Jeremy) in them. I rarely ever watch Christmas movies but I have watched two this season already so I might watch more. Not sure which Hallmark they were on though, since I have both.

Poirot, thanks for clearing that up. I don't know why I get the actors for Mickey and Grandpa Shawn mixed up but this one was John Clarke (Mickey).

Saturday overnight, Greg Vaughn (Eric) starred in Hallmark's Love's Christmas Journey film. It is based on one of Janet Oke's best selling series. He was very good in this role.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watch Amazon shows on my computer or cast it (as in chromecast) to my tv if I want to see it on a bigger screen.

Okay, I don't think there's any way I can watch them, with the kind of internet and tv I have. But I do have all three Hallmark channels on Dish so I can see any of their movies if I know about them.

Watched Murphy's Romance (from 1985, with James Garner and Sally Field) for the first time in years and was surprised to see Peggy McCay (Caroline) in a small role as a bank employee. If you watch the movie, she's the woman at the bank who turns down Sally Field for a business loan.

I was looking for something to watch, flipping channels, ran across Roark Critchlow (ex-Mike Horton) in one of those Hallmark type romance movies, from about 6-7 years ago. I watched something else, but did stop when I saw him, was surprised, did not know he had done any of those. (was not Hallmark channel, I think it was the UP channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back