Spectator 5.0 still a work in progress.

The box is still there. I haven't touched it, I promise...

It may simply be that we don't have anyone having a birthday today, or at least admitting to it in their settings? Maybe the new system hides the box if it's empty?

Wayne

Was just coming to say the same thing. If there are no birthdays on a certain day, we won't see any notice! On the previous software calendar, there were lots of days with no person listed. So, it does happen.

Man my first time seeing the new format was the day AFTER my birthday. Ok so ya know what I like is the size of the text. I no longer have to pick a bigger one so I can easily see it. Also it was a pain in the butt with my laptop because it was set a bit differently. 3 was too small and 4 was big.

Man my first time seeing the new format was the day AFTER my birthday.
Happy Belated Birthday young lady...

Font size choices are always difficult -- especially considering you have to match with every browser, every monitor, every version, every type of PC/laptop/tablet out there. This site now uses Google Fonts, which only worries me if Google goes away or breaks down.. :)

Wayne

Was just coming to say the same thing. If there are no birthdays on a certain day, we won't see any notice!
I'm just guessing about that here. We don't/won't know yet. I just know that *I* didn't (intentionally) remove the box and it still shows up in the layout editor, so I can only guess that it only displays when there are birthdays.

More importantly, I wonder if the site is still sending happy birthday e-mails? :)

Wayne

There was one person for yesterday's birthday. I tried checking calendar to
see if one today, but not able to find it. I guess we'll just have to wait until
tomorrow if there is another birthday.

I just checked, backstage, and SarahBeth, you have no birthday listed at all in your profile, so therefore there would be no notification.

Whiz...you DO have yours listed, so if e-mails are being sent, you should have gotten one, (as long as your e-mail addy is current)

My birthday was July 7 and I did not get an email either. I know my email is current because I receive direct messages via email.

Is it possible for the site to default to the Home page again instead of the Forums page? I knew something was "off" to me and this is it. I liked how we could always see the latest threads when we come to the site.

Is it possible for the site to default to the Home page again instead of the Forums page?
The simple answer is, I wish there were, but I'm not aware of how to make that happen (yet?)

In the meantime, you could always edit your bookmark (or better yet, update your home page) to reflect http://www.salemspectator.com/articles/ ??

Wayne

Back