Telling Paige the truth.

Should JJ come clean with Paige before he tries to get her back?

• Yes. Why?

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No. Why?

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keeping the love part out of this, and the crazy having sex with my daughter's boyfriend. but I was thinking:

This has gone on so long that I have forgotten..... Have Paige and JJ had sex?

If so, then it is really disgusting that mother and daughter have done the same guy. And if not, then he would do her a big favor by telling her before they do have sex.

Doug married Addie, and then her niece, Julie. Not as bad but almost. It seems like it did happen before, but I can't come up with it.

Julie was Addie's daughter, not her niece. So, Julie married her former stepfather.
If so, then it is really disgusting that mother and daughter have done the same guy. And if not, then he would do her a big favor by telling her before they do have sex.
Jack had sex with Jennifer and later Laura.

Julie was Addie's daughter, not her niece. So, Julie married her former stepfather.

Jack had sex with Jennifer and later Laura.

And then Jennifer, again! Uh oh... is this going to make JJ and Paige "ok" in the eyes of Days? Wonder if this will be mentioned in the story line anytime soon... lawsy mercy!

I think JJ has only one option, and that is to tell Paige the truth. It is going to eventually come out anyway, as these secrets always do, and it will be worse if she hears it after they made up. JJ needs to man up and realize he messed up by sleeping with Paige's mom not once, but several times, and there is no easy way to get out of this.

Tell the truth.

I enjoy soapy material but this storyline is just being dragged out as it will come out anyway since they are focused on it so much so get the reveal over with and let's see the resulting drama.

The thing with Doug & Julie......Doug was married to Addie, (admittedly both had a bit too much to drink when they suddenly married) a year later, they had Hope, and then Addie was killed. Doug took quite a while to recover from that. So....different type story.
And in Jack's case, he had no idea that Laura was Jen's mother, nor did Laura know that Jack was the man Jen loved. (They were in a rehab place where everyone had to use anonymous names)
When they returned to Salem finally, and realized who the other was, there was NO more of it.
Eve is lusting constantly after JJ, practically salivating, and while she might have began at first trying to discourage Paige from being with JJ because of his history and mother, that changed in the blink of an eye.
And now Eve is encouraging a relationship between her daughter and a guy with a much much worse record/background than JJ had, even going so far as to seek the boy out to make sure he & Paige will continue to date. Eve is so fake in her "love" for her daughter.

And yes again. JJ should tell Paige. She needs truly to know how deceitful her mother really is. But I am guessing that Paige will learn the truth....and not from either JJ, Eve, or even Jen.

When I see a story, I always wonder how it will end and what happens to the characters, so if Paige does find out, then what? It seems to me that would be the end of her character. How does she stay in Salem when the only ties she has are her mother and JJ. Her connection with Theresa doesn't have any substance and her connection with Jennifer will no longer make sense. I am thinking that we see Paige for a while longer, see her fall back in love with JJ again, then "over hears" a conversation in the park. The fall out begins and ends with her leaving in September for a new school, out of Salem. End of Story, end of Paige.

And in Jack's case, he had no idea that Laura was Jen's mother, nor did Laura know that Jack was the man Jen loved. (They were in a rehab place where everyone had to use anonymous names)
When they returned to Salem finally, and realized who the other was, there was NO more of it.
The crazy part about that storyline is you'd think Jack would've seen a picture of Laura while he was married to Jennifer. And at some point, Laura would've seen pictures of Jennifer and Jack together before she and Jack were both in rehab.

I remember thinking that as I was watching it! Not only that, but - even if they didn't know at the time they had a relationship - it's still pushing it (for me) to know that the guy you were married to (because Jennifer was married to Peter at the time, right? Or at least divorced from Jack and dating Peter?) had a relationship with your mom, and then decide to reunite with your ex-husband. Might not be able to blame them, exactly, but isn't that still just a little bit weird?!

Yes, JJ needs to come clean - despite his past, despite his desperation to get back together with Paige, he needs to have a clean conscience if they're going to have a honest and decent chance at this (which the writers won't give them, because it's not a soap opera without strife in a relationship, right?). If she leaves him (and Salem), great. If she doesn't leave him but does leave Eve, and curses her mother forever, great. If she stays with him, great. Just pick one, and move forward with it. Permanently, instead of this flighty will-they-or-won't-they-because-it's-all-up-to-the-flighty-scared-one.

On a funny note, Jen should say to JJ, "I know how Paige will feel because my mother, your grandmother, had sex with your father, my husband (ex or future?!?!)" Let's see how that would effect JJ. His father raped his aunt and had sex with his grandmother, etc.... Eve might not look so bad! But JJ would definitely need Marlena!!!!! (can you say counseling!)

I'm just irked by Jennifer's hypocrisy. She found what Nicole did so egregious that she spilled the beans to Eric. Yet now she can't go and tell Paige what her own mother did? I get that she doesn't want to betray her son like that, but still...

On a funny note, Jen should say to JJ, "I know how Paige will feel because my mother, your grandmother, had sex with your father, my husband (ex or future?!?!)" Let's see how that would effect JJ. His father raped his aunt and had sex with his grandmother, etc.... Eve might not look so bad! But JJ would definitely need Marlena!!!!! (can you say counseling!)

:rotfl::rotfl:

If and when JJ decides to come clean, there's the question of how he should fess up. One scenario could run something like this:

JJ:"Paige, do you remember that really old movie, The Graduate?"

Paige: "Yes."

JJ: "Didn't you think it was great when the Katharine Ross character ran off with Benjamin even though he'd had an affair with her mother. Mrs. Robinson?"

Paige: "Yes, I really liked how they ran out of the church and got away on a city bus."

JJ: "Good. Then, you wouldn't be upset if I told you ..................."

I'm just irked by Jennifer's hypocrisy. She found what Nicole did so egregious that she spilled the beans to Eric. Yet now she can't go and tell Paige what her own mother did? I get that she doesn't want to betray her son like that, but still...

That's because, in my opinion, Jen didn't tell Eric because she thought it was wrong that Nicole was keeping a secret. She did it because she was jealous of Nicole and Daniel's friendship and wanted to tank it. It backfired on her big time when Daniel broke up with her for good over it.

Back on topic, the worst thing about this is that everyone is protecting Eve. Eve wanted it to be that JJ suffers all the consequences while she suffers none, and manipulated him into agreeing with that by playing on his self-hatred. She also kept initiating contact with him in order to try to keep the affair going--and is still doing that, just JJ has finally learned that he can say NO. (And hopefully it will stay that way.) Now instead of telling JJ that part of taking responsibility means coming clean with Paige or walking away forever, Jen is changing the parameters to "nobody should suffer any consequences" instead of "no, honey, Eve is just as responsible and Paige needs to know the truth so that she can decide what she wants to do about both of you."

What Jennifer should have done is gotten JJ into therapy (of course that would have required a therapist that isn't going to let Jen listen in at the door...) and encouraged him to talk to the therapist and/or to Daniel, who she knows has been supporting him, about his options. Instead she is enjoying her power over everyone too much. She's using her knowledge to blackmail Eve and to try to stop JJ from continuing to confide in Daniel.

It's really too bad JJ didn't maintain a friendship with Nicole after she helped with the Theresa OD situation. She would be in the best position to point out the consequences of trying to keep this secret from Paige.

Jen isn't worried about getting JJ into therapy because she gets to throw this in Eve's face and she enjoys that more than anything.

I voted no, because JJ should be too disgusted with himself to even be trying to get Paigey back.
I do want her to leave town and if she takes JJ with her I wouldn't miss either of them.

Eve is actually using Paige to keep everyone's mouth shut. It would hurt Paige, it would kill Paige, etc. etc. Thus, her daughter thinks her mom just is looking out for her, loves her so much, blah, blah.
Eve has used this on Eve, on JJ, meanwhile doing her best to insinuate that JJ is the worst person in the world.
And to keep her secret, she even encourages her daughter to date a guy whose rep is much, much worse than JJ's. Yes, he has been in rehab, but Eve really knows nothing about him, but is happy she can use him to drive a wedge between Paige and any thought of JJ.

Back