Telling Paige the truth.

Should JJ come clean with Paige before he tries to get her back?

• Yes. Why?

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No. Why?

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heck, Paige did not have to be related to anyone. She could have been the nice, very bright fellow student, whom JJ met and fell for. She could have had a divorced mom, or dad, or even been living with the cousin, because her parent had taken a job which had them traveling a lot or something.
Eve still could have come to town to harass Jennifer, need surgery, blah, blah, without Paige being HER daughter. Why tie her to family when she has no interaction with any of them?
As to Theresa, I understand them wanting to tie her to a family, but again.....no interaction. Kayla & Roman are supposed to be keeping an eye on her. Do they really? Theresa has gotten more breaks to keep her from going to jail in CA, and she still shows no gratitude, goes her own way, doesn't do her job, tries to con people, steal money, etc. Theresa should have been Anne's niece, or HER half sister.

JJ wasn't raped physically but that doesn't mean he had sex because he wanted to. I agree with Poirot and Tabby on this one. Eve didn't just tear at his self confidence. She deliberately pressed every button in the hopes that he would hate himself so much that he would dump Paige as a result of becoming deeply depressed. In my opinion she rendered him incapable of.consent the first time. The second time for a second I thought she was going to rape him. She threw him down on the couch and I thought she was going to cry rape if he didn't go along! Its true that the last couple of times JJ started it but at that point, saying it was freely chosen is like saying Brady freely chose his 14th drink of the day.

JJ should have never agreed to private meetings with Eve, especially after the second hookup, and for that he is responsible but I dont think its as simple as either she raped him or he fully consented, not by a long shot.

Heroic Muse, Eve definitely rendered JJ incapable of giving his consent each time that she seduced him. I just hope when/if Daniel talks to JJ, he points out that what Jennifer told him is absolutely correct-Eve victimized JJ. I also think that it is time for Hope, John, Abe and Roman to be brought in. Eve has to pay for what she's done, just like Kristen needs to pay for what she did to Eric. As for Paige, she needs to understand that JJ was a victim of a crime and he NEVER willingly cheated on her.

Reactions: YPG
Sorry, but I saw JJ as a little horndog who kept going back to Eve for more. At no time was he ever rendered incapable of giving consent to the sex. (unlike Eric, who was flat-out drugged)

(Edited to add: JJ was so horny that when Paige sneaked into his bed, suggested sex at Daniel's and pressed him for sex he said no? And so horny that five minutes before the first encounter he also rejected the advances of two girls at the party he went to with Rory?)

Have you ever suffered a major depressive episode, to the point where nothing seemed worthwhile? I have and it distorts perceptions to the point where it seems pointless to resist because life sucks so bad that being the living dead is barely preferable to being actually dead. That's where JJ was and Eve put him there purposely. If she had used a drug to put him in that state it would just be clearer to see. Her weapon was psychological but it had the same effect.

(Edited to add: JJ was so horny that when Paige sneaked into his bed, suggested sex at Daniel's and pressed him for sex he said no? And so horny that five minutes before the first encounter he also rejected the advances of two girls at the party he went to with Rory?)

Have you ever suffered a major depressive episode, to the point where nothing seemed worthwhile? I have and it distorts perceptions to the point where it seems pointless to resist because life sucks so bad that being the living dead is barely preferable to being actually dead. That's where JJ was and Eve put him there purposely. If she had used a drug to put him in that state it would just be clearer to see. Her weapon was psychological but it had the same effect.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I don't feel that this was the case every time they were together. Had it been once or maybe twice, then yes this is plausible. But once it got to the 4th and 5th time, it was mutual.

And in NO way shape or form was this the exact same thing that happened with Kristen and Eric!

I'm not saying JJ bears no responsibilty whatsoever. But the first two times certainly were not consensual--which IS exactly the same as what Kristen did to Eric. Drugs aren't the only way to rape someone, which is what my point was. In any case, the word choice is a bit meaningless here. What should be happening instead of all this cover up garbage is that JJ should be helped to understand the ways in which he was manipulated and why he was likely to react those ways to Eve's behaviors so that he doesn't get himself into any more trouble.

But the first two times certainly were not consensual--which IS exactly the same as what Kristen did to Eric.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. While JJ had been drinking, he was not beyond giving his consent. He was not drugged beyond comprehension and he was not raped.

Eric was flat-out drugged. He was given specially formulated drugs to render him incapable of resisting Kristen, to rev up his desire for her and to wipe away any memories of the encounter. He could not give his consent due to the drugs and he was raped.

Back