The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

@Dd..come on what are you trying to do to me here!
1:Chapter is way too SHORT and I didn't get the intensity I was promised!
2: Make Rafe go away to find some weed laced donuts to nibble on...FIX this! fix it now and fix it good..
You have just signed Rafe's death warrant!! I am giving Ej the GREEN LIGHT! Death To Rafe in this story ONLY!
why does ej always have to get what he wants. This is definetly a NO on so many levels. Will I have to stop reading this too :(

I agree, this is not the world according to the "Honorable" EJ DeMarra. He still is dishonorable. He could certainly do more with his knowledge of his father's doings, and misdeeds. He has sit on this information for a long time now, and he thinks all is right with the world, and he (EJ) owns the house and the business, and he has gotten his father out of it.... Ya Right..... NOT.

Chapter 98:

Nicole backed away from EJ, taking her hand away from his chest. She was shocked by what she had done! And disgusted with herself. Why did EJ still have a strong hold over her? He had ruined her life, and even though they had this family, there was no changing that. Nicole knew better than to believe EJ's millionth declaration of love for her.

"Well? What the hell was that?" Rafe looked angry and approached EJ. EJ took a slight step back at first, scared. But then he held his ground, smirking a bit and frowning. EJ had lost pretty much any physical conflict he'd been in, but he was sick of Rafe trying to steal his girl.

"It was the truth, Rafe. Nicole and I belong together. We understand each other, have a family. You can't play house and assume you've won."

"Nicole isn't a prize at the town fair, EJ. I didn't 'win' her. I fell in love with her, and she fell in love with me. We made love together. I saved your son because I love him."

"And I'm grateful for that, but enough is enough. You will not take my baby away from me."

"I'm not trying to," Rafe said loudly.

"EJ, Rafe saved DR. He'd never try to take him! How dare you insinuate something like that?"

"Because it's the truth, Nikki! He's made a room for him here! He's letting you live here with him! Taking you on dates!"

"Because I love him, EJ! How many times do I have to say it?" Nicole walked over to Rafe, her back to him, and her arms spread out so stop Rafe from charging. "I do care about you, EJ, but after everything you've done to me, I can't ever trust you the same-look at you the same way again! Rafe and I had a beautiful friendship! He has always treated me well, and I treat him well too! We trust each other!"

"You two couldn't stand each other! This man was married to your mortal enemy!" EJ shouted.

"And I was married to his: you!" Nicole retorted. "Things are different now. We've changed! And I thought you had too! I thought you'd respect this, my choice!"

"You wanted it, Nikki. Just remember that." EJ stormed away down the hall. Nicole felt guilty because she knew EJ was right: part of her still had the dream of living with him as a family: together. She turned back to look at Rafe, but his face was contorted with anger, sadness and disappointment.

"Rafe, I-"

"You don't have to explain anything. Let's just finish this party. You and I can talk later." Rafe walked inside and started talking to Daniel. He was laughing soon again. Nicole went inside, picking up DR and sitting with him on the couch. Again, she was on the outside, looking in.

Wonderful DD. I am so glad to have you back, and that you are in your place at school, and getting a small taste of what college life is like. I pray you can swing all the different things you are going to have tearing away at you, while trying to study, and can still write. This is a superior story, and very intriguing to us the readers.. Thanks again for the latest in the efforts. The offer still goes for extra assistance if needed, just let me know....

Excellent chapter, Dd! So happy to be reading your work again.... anxious to see how Rafe & Nicole work through this angst in their relationship... look forward to it! :clap:

Chapter 99:
Rafe was sitting at his desk and filing some paperwork. A knock on the door sounded, and Rafe looked up to see Eric. "Hey, I hope I can come in."

"Sure," Rafe said, motioning towards an empty chair opposite him across the desk. Eric walked in and shut the door, sitting down across from Rafe. "So how have you been? I know you and Nicole took a pretty risky trip to save her baby," Eric said.

"Yeah, I've been good. And it was pretty dangerous. We were lucky to even find him, let alone get into Cuba and make it out alive."

"Yeah, I can't imagine how hard it must've been. But I know you and Nicole got really close on the trip..."

Rafe sighed, smiling a bit. The conversation just became really awkward. "We did. Look, the truth is, we slept together...more than once."

"I suspected as much," Eric laughed. "I've known for a long time now that Nicole loves you. She didn't know I knew, of course. I'm rather good at hiding my thoughts."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Rafe asked, dumbfounded. He was still reeling from what happened between EJ and Nicole the other night at the party. Nicole and him had not talked since, and things had been very awkward.

"Because we shouldn't have been together in the first place. Our relationship was so wrong, on so many levels. The both of you were growing close, and then I had been sleeping with her best friend before, and I'm a priest! I knew it wasn't meant to be, and that's part of the reason I dumped her."

"Look, man, I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize, Rafe. I know you feel bad for the whole situation, but the truth is that Nicole and I are over each other now. And you two are in love."

"Are we? Maybe I was just being crazy, or stupid. I mean, the other night at the party, I caught Nicole and EJ almost kissing. How do I know she doesn't love him?"

"Maybe you can't," Eric said. "But from what I've heard from her, it was mostly EJ pulling her in. And she did defend you to EJ. I think she's made it clear who she really wants to be with. The bigger question is, do you still want to fight for her, or do you think she's not worth the effort anymore?"

Rafe considered this for a while. Eric eventually had to leave and get back to work, but Rafe thought carefully. Did he love Nicole enough to accept all of her flaws? Or was he ready to move on with someone with no ties whatsoever to another man?

Gosh DD, it is so good to have you back with us. I am so thankful you have had all the opportunities to go to all the different places, and doing all the activities, and eat all the different types of foods, and vacation with all the different persons,,,,,, but it seems so wonderful for you to be settled in to school, and your apartment set up enough to start school, and classes arranged for, and so on and so on, but it is wonderful to have you back with us, and we know you have enjoyed your summer, and enjoyed all the different things you have done.... Now with that said..... I also am so glad you are back to our story, and we will again be able to enjoy the antics of Nicole, and enjoy her loving and careful way she takes care of her precious DR. She has always been a loving and giving person to EJ's children, and to see her in our mind's eye taking care of her own son, is heart warming. I love it.... Thanks!

Chapter 99: If Our Love's Insanity, Why Are You My Clarity?
Nicole knocked on Rafe's door. He had been avoiding her for a few weeks, ever since the party where she'd almost kissed EJ. But even though she had been confused by what happened, she knew that the only reason she'd done that was because she still cared for him. However, Rafe was the man she'd truly loved, and didn't know why she'd let the past come back to haunt her. Just when Nicole thought that Rafe was either out or not going to answer the door, it came open. Rafe was without a shirt on. Nicole couldn't help but drool at the sight. "Hi. I was hoping we could chat. We haven't talked in weeks."

"I know," Rafe said quietly. He gestured with his hand for her to come in. "I'm sorry I've been avoiding you. I just had a lot going on."

"So you have been staying away from me? Well now I know for sure."

"Like I said, I regret it, but I had a lot to think about," Rafe told her.

"I bet you did. I'm sorry for everything. You have to know...I don't love EJ like that anymore. I care about him, but you're the ONE!"

"Are you certain? Caring about someone doesn't prompt a person to almost kiss them."

"Rafe...just trust me on this. I forgave EJ for the pain he caused me, but I will never forget it. And that turns me away from him, and towards you. It always has and it always will. For the rest of the days of our lives." Nicole moved closer to Rafe and put her hand on his chest. Their lips moved closer together. "I love you, Rafe Hernandez."

"And I love you, Nicole Walker." They kissed and began heating up. Rafe fell on the couch, Nicole on top of him. He couldn't believe that he'd ever doubted her. Was she going to still have sexual tension with EJ? For a bit longer, perhaps. But love was stronger than lust, and he knew that would bring them through any other person trying to complicate their relationship. The clothes came flying off and soon they were getting passionate.

Nice job.... I think along the same lines as you do. I believe this will add a new depth of clarity and dimension to our finding out way to the "Promised Land.... I think I will get the lemon Aide and the popcorn ready now.... taking orders for what kind of sandwiches everyone likes the best,,, and then we snack, and watch the fun develop.... I like the way things are coming along....:):birthday::clap:

I will be watching for the next installment in the continuing story of The Rest of the Days of Our Lives.... Love it and looking forward to the next one.

Back