The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Chapter 100:
Rafe was walking in the Town Square. It was getting chilly in Salem, as it was now late September. Nicole and him had been back together for two months now. He suddenly remembered something he'd seen a while back in one of the shop windows. Rafe walked over to it and saw a beautiful diamond ring in a showcase.
"I've been saving up..." He smiled. Daniel walked up to him and smiled.

"You been thinking about making a brave gesture, buddy?"

"Yeah. I know some people might think this is a bit soon, but I love her so much. And I love DR. I want us to be a family, together, forever."

"Man, I know how you feel."

"So when's the wedding gonna be?" Rafe remembered how Daniel had publicly proposed to Jennifer in the Square last month, and she accepted. Their engagement party was held that night in the Horton household, and ever since they'd had their bachelor and bachelorette parties. And Daniel had asked Rafe to be his best man, which, of course, Rafe accepted.

"We were thinking of holding it on New Years Day", Daniel told him. "Here, in the Town Square. Look, don't worry about what everyone else thinks. If they think it's too soon for you to marry Nicole, if they think you don't belong with her, forget about it. All that matters is how you two feel about each other."

"I suppose you're right. There's still a chance she won't accept the proposal."

"Nonsense! I can see how she looks at you. I've seen it ever since we were dating. Nicole loves you. I haven't seen her look that way at anyone before: not me, not EJ or Brady, not Father Eric."

"I hope you're right. I hope she says yes...because I'm about to spend a heck of a lot of money on this ring."

"You gotta make it special. Make the moment perfect," Daniel advised Rafe.

"Wish me luck!" Rafe said to Daniel, patting him on the back as he walked in.

"Good luck," Daniel muttered.

You got my attention... Love it... Going to be out of commission for about six weeks, once the cast comes off my arm I can come back and type again. For now, rest assured my little friend, this is going just great.... Hope this will be her Christmas Present.... Nice....

Awww, I really liked this Dd, especially the friendship between Rafe and Daniel. I can't wait to see how Rafe proposes to Nicole... so looking forward to your next chapter!

I love the chapter maybe it can be a double wedding.

Sorry to read about DaysP, I've been wondering where she has been.

Chapter 101: Stay the Night
Rafe and Nicole walked to the riverfront. It was just two weeks before Halloween, and Rafe had decided that this was the perfect place to propose to her. It was a beautiful sunny day, though cool out, and DR was spending the day with EJ.

"I remember this is where you found me that night, after Eric broke up with me," Nicole said, a strange expression on her face.

"Yeah. I felt so bad for you, but on the inside, I was relieved. Because all I wanted was to be with you, and you were free. I know that might sound kind of messed up or awkward to say, but it's the truth, and I want us to be honest with each other, always."

"It's fine," Nicole told Rafe. "I want us to be honest too. And I know that you were relieved. Part of me was too. I felt guilty for seducing a priest, using him to deny myself what I wanted all along: you."

Rafe smiled, and the sun started setting below the horizon, near the river. "Wow, look over at that, Nicole!"

"Oh how pretty," Nicole said as she turned around. The sky started turning all pink, orange, and magenta. Some high clouds added to the beauty of the sunset, and the sound of the rushing water was soothing and calmed her. Rafe took this opportunity and took out the box from his pocket and bent on one knee. Nicole turned around, smiling, to tell Rafe to stand up by her, but she covered her huge smile with her hands. Rafe was smiling too.

"Nicole Walker, our journey has been an unusual one. When I first got to town, I got involved with your nemesis, and you with mine, and we couldn't stand each other. But when we lost our marriages, and thought it was the end of our happy lives, we became close friends, and little did we know that it was just a new beginning, the real beginning of our fate. No matter how much we tried to move on with other people, Carrie, Sami, Daniel, Eric...there was just something holding us back from diving in completely to those relationships. And now we know what it is: love. I love you, Nicole Walker. No matter your past, no matter your future. Because despite the many mistakes you have made, your heart is pure and you are a wonderful, caring, loving friend, girlfriend, and mother. And I think that we belong together. I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you, and Daniel Rafael. You are the love of my life. So please, just answer this: will you marry me?"

Nicole was tearing up and started to cry. "Rafe...everything you just said is exactly how I feel about you. Yes, yes, of course I will marry you!" Nicole and Rafe came together in an emotional hug as Rafe started to tear up in joy. They shared a kiss as Rafe slipped the ring on her finger. While the day was ending, it was dawn for the happy couple.

Thanks y'all. Yeah, it would make sense on having this be on the show, especially now with Nicole deciding not to forgive Eric. But, Rafe and Jordan are cute too, and I like the idea of Daniel being with Nicole again. Will have to see what happens.

So happy things are going well enough to be able to write a couple of paragraphs on our story. Sure glad to see you are back with us, and now we can renew our love for the story, and so happy your studies are doable, and we will wait for the next installment with baited breath.....

Oh wow! I haven't been here for a while and now to return and see your latest chapter....beautifully done, Dd! So glad to have you back...love the story and good luck with all your studies! Til the next chapter............... :clap:

I'm starting to think of ideas for the wedding...and also for EJ and Sami's reactions to this engagement...I will probably write quite a bit more over the Thanksgiving break, maybe sooner.

Back