The Death of Carly Manning

SALEM PD/HOLDING CELL
Roman: How are you feeling this morning?
Bo: I want to get out of here
Roman: The arraignment is scheduled for 10am
Bo: Carly was alive when I last saw her. She walked away. I sat there a few minutes, hoping she might come back. Then I went to the Cheatin' Heart.
Roman: We'll find out what really happened. I have my best people on the case.
Bo: I would never hurt Carly. I was doing all I could to protect her.
Roman: I know that. Abe knows that. And Hope knows that now, too. Abe went to see her this morning and filled her in.
Bo: Roman, I hurt her so much. I didn't want her to file for divorce. I thought we could wrap this up soon and I was planning on telling her the truth. How did she take it?
Roman: I wasn't there, Bo. Hope is a strong woman. Despite everything she is really going to bat for you. There are more people working behind the scenes than you know. I have faith the truth will come out.

KIRIAKIS LIVING ROOM
Victor is pouring coffee as Vivian enters
Vivian: Good Morning, Darling. Isn't it just a beautiful day?
Victor: That would depend on your perspective.
Vivian: Oh, Victor, The birds are singing, the sun is shining. I saw a few crocus flowers poking their little heads through the dried leaves as I went for my walk.
Victor: Did you check your messages?
Vivian: Do you mean that silly police business?
Victor: For God's sake, Vivian. There's nothing silly about a woman's murder, even if the woman is Carly.
Vivian: I really do not know what all the fuss is about. I am responsible for Carly's final arrangements and I did my job.
Victor. How did you get the morgue to give you her body?
Vivian: I asked them to. I gave the crematory their instructions and they picked her up. Right now the remains of Carly Manning are on their way home - to the home she and Lawrence shared. From there she will be placed in our family's mausoleum.
Victor: You do realize that body was evidence in a murder investigation? You had her cremated and now you've sent her out of the country. Roman is very upset with you
Vivian: Well, that is just unfortunate. If a mistake was made, it wasn't mine. I told Roman that Salem needs to hire better employees who are more competent at doing their jobs. They released the body to me and I did with it as I should. It was so much more cost effective to ship the ashes rather than a body. I didn't want to spend a penny more on that horrible whore than I had to. Why would you care? She's gone. After all she did to your son and Hope, I thought you would be happy to see her go.
Victor: My son has been charged with her murder.
Vivian: My, God, Victor! That is awful. But not insurmountable. With all your connections, I'm sure you can get him off. Afterall, look what Stefano did for Kate. Surely you would not let Stefano show you up. You can do the same for your son.
Victor: What I can or cannot do is not the issue here. You know more than you are telling me, my dear.
Vivian: I am hurt by that, Victor. I did not kill Carly Manning if that is what you are alluding to.
Victor: I didn't say you did, Vivian. You know how to keep your hands clean in situations like this or you would've been in prison years ago. When an opportunity arises you are not one to let it get by you.
Vivian: Sometimes you give me more credit than I deserve. I was only thinking of Nicholas and Melanie. I wanted to spare them the pain of having this draw out any longer than it needed to. I do have a heart, Victor. And now, I am all my darling Nicky & dear little Mel have left. I care about my family just as you care about yours.

Philip and Melanie appear in the doorway
Philip: Ready, Dad? They are bringing the car around.
Vivian: Where are we going?
Victor: Bo's arraignment. And you are not invited.
Vivian: I must go with you. I have to be there for Melanie & Philip - and for you, Darling. Do you think I would really let you go through this without my undying love and support? Let us go now. Bo needs us.
Vivian sashays out the door. The others exchange glances, sigh and follow her.

(..to be continued)

Great story, waiting to see what happens with BO...
1.gif

Oh this last chapter is precious!!! I love it...cheaper to ship the ashes...good one!

HORTON CABIN
Hope is sitting on the sofa going through an assortment of papers as Shane enters
Shane: What happened at the arraignment?
Hope: Held without bail.
Shane: That might be for the better right now.
Hope: Justin and Victor are working on it, but I have to agree. Bo can be his own worst enemy.
Shane: At least we know where he is. But I have some news.
Hope: What did you find out?
Shane: I have a guy working at the pier. I just spoke with him. Bo was not the last person to see Carly alive.
Hope: Who was?
Shane: He spoke to some people who were out there on their coffee break. For once, smoking was a benefit, at least for us. They saw Carly hurrying by heading in the direction of the hospital. A man and woman came out from behind some crates and followed her.
Hope: Did they see Bo?
Shane: Yes. Thankfully. They saw Bo and Carly talking before Carly stormed off. Bo was sitting at the edge of the pier and stayed there for a while before heading in the other direction. Carly and the couple were long gone by then.
Hope: Did they see anything else?
Shane: No. They finished their cigarettes and went back inside.
Hope: Could they identify the man or woman?
Shane: We're working on that right now.

(..to be continued)

Boy thanks for the chapters. Looks like Bo was working undercover to protect Carly. Glad that now Bo was not the last one seen with Carly. Thinking that once Shawn and Hope have solved the case we may have a Bo and Hope reunion.

SALEM RIVERFRONT
Vivian stands alone gazing out over the water, a smug smile on her face
Vivian: Such a beautiful sunset. Even more beautiful with that witch gone. Well, Carly, you came in by the water and went out in the water. :evillaugh:
A woman walks up to Vivian wearing a long stylish cape. The hood is up, we see only a back view.
Woman: I got here as quickly as I could.
Vivian: Has the package reached its destination?
Woman: Yes, madam.
Vivian: And your brother?
Woman: He is there as well. The delivery went exactly as you instructed.
Vivian: Where is Nicholas?
Woman: He is still in Italy. He will be returning to the estate tomorrow evening
Vivian: Make sure the package is moved to its final destination before Nicholas gets home.
Woman: Absolutely, Madam. My brother will make sure of that.
Vivian: And the urn?
Woman: It's ready and in place.
Vivian: Excellent! Now, quickly, you must leave. There's a boat coming into the dock. We cannot be seen together.
The woman hurries off. Vivian lingers watching the approaching boat.

Vivian strolls over to the end of the pier as the boat pulls into port. She watches as a figure ties the boat and steps onto the dock.

Vivian: Hope! I certainly didn't expect to see you! A little early in the season to take a cruise?
Hope looks stunned but quickly regains her composure
Hope: Maggie asked me to check on the cabin. Some teens were seen partying in the area last night. She asked me to make sure the cabin was secure.
Vivian: Yes. We cannot be too careful in this day and age, can we?
Hope: What brings you here?
Vivian: Oh, Hope, This gorgeous sunset, of course. Isn't it beautiful? Stay with me a while, dear, so we can enjoy it together.
Hope: (mocking Vivian's tone) Why, Vivian, it is so rare to see this marvelously esthetic side of you. (smiles wryly)
Vivian: I have always enjoyed the magnificence of nature.
Hope: I'm sorry I can't stay to share this nature experience with you, but I have to pick up Ciara. I'm running late as it is.
Hope leaves
Vivian: Ta-Ta, Darling.
(turns back towards the water and snickers)
Vivian: I don't know what you are up to, Hope -- yet! But you are out of your league. The deed is done and there is no way you can undo it.

(..to be continued)

Ooh boy...I am loving this. Wonder how Bo's gonna get outta jail.

Ohh This is just so great. Hope is hot on the trail of Vivian and is not letting her guard down at all. Wonder what she finds out at the Horton cabin. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

great story...can't wait for the next chapter. wondering who the mystery woman is and her brother. Hope pulling into the pier
1.gif

This is really good. You have got me racking my brain trying to think of who Vivian could be talking to and who the brother is. Keeping me guessing? Keep up the great work and bring on more soon. I await for the big reveal.:):thinking:

I had missed several days and spent the evening catching up. Great story. I LOVE that Shane is back and you've nailed Vivian dead on. I can't wait to see what's next!! :)

Sorry for the lack of new chapters. Some lil' bug got me :sick:, but I seem to be on the mend now. (Whew! rough week)

I'm playing catch-up at home and work, but hope to get some time soon to sit down and catch-up on our little story.

Please bear with me for a few days while I get back in sync with the world.

ann

Sorry to hear about the bug. Praying for you to have a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update. Please get well soon. I am sending many cyber hugs your way.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Bless your heart, I was hoping something wasn't wrong... Although I am looking forward to a chapter, just take your time and don't worry about it... we will still be here waiting to read when you are good and ready to get em to us!! Take care of you!

Don't worry, just get better first! :) We'll be waiting patiently. :D

Hope you feel better soon. It's probably better not to write when you are ill anyway. You might do something crazy, like bring Carly back from the dead! :)

Back