The Hernandez clan

It been announced that Alma Delfina (Adriana/Mama Hernandez) is on contract so take that for what it's worth. Camila Banus (Gabi) has been on contract and hasn't been up the screen lately. Yes, she has gotten a decent amount of airtime over the last couple of weeks and with the whole Hernandez clan on the canvas that seems like its finally going to be a trend that will continue. So I will try to sound less bitter I'm not making any promises that I will succeed but I will try.

I just had a thought about Rafe apparently finding Mama as a prisoner in Yo LIng's wretched hive of scum and villany (yes I'm quoting Ben Kenobi's description of the Mos Eisley spaceport in Star Wars: A New Hope but I think it's apt description of the Alliance's hideout); my thought is and it's just a thought not based on anything right now but do we know for a fact that she was REALLY kidnapped? DUH-DUNH-DUH!

No, we do not know any such thing....& Rafe could easily find Aiden (who is due to show up sometime) He also could find a storage area full of drugs, or a room full of monitors showing everything everyone in Salem is doing. LOL
We really do not know what Rafe finds.....
Mama Hernandez could be on contract....but...for how long? 6 weeks? 3 months? 6 months? I thought the actress lives in South America, so may not opt to stay in the U.S. very long.

You're right we don't know for sure what Rafe finds it could even be crates full of Koosh balls and doggie treats. That would be kind of a shock right? LOL

And you're also right that it could just be a short-term contract. I just tend to assume that when I see someone is on contract that they will be around for a while. But that of course just begs the question how long is "a while?" LOL

Tomorrow is the day we've all been waiting on pins and needles for: The arrival of Adriana, a.k.a Mama- Hernandez!! Yes, we all have been on pins and needles don't try to deny it. I'm wondering how they are going to handle her first scenes with characters like Kate, Marlena and Lucas, that's assuming she has scenes with them at all of course. Given how her family as has been involved with those characters; Rafe's relationship with Sami, Gabi sharing a child with Will etc, you would think there would be interaction.

So will they play it like Adriana is meeting them for the first time or will they have her be acquainted with them with the introductions having taken place off screen? I guess we'll find out soon enough. I just hope the suspense doesn't do me in first. *anxiously bites fingernails*

I may be wrong but I remember reading that Rafe discovers her in the Alliance hideout tomorrow most likely at the end of the show I bet. So the actual Hernandez reunion takes place Wednesday but I THINK we first see her tomorrow.

Well, that is interesting.....because although spoilers have said Rafe discovers something in the "labyrinth" can't recall anything specific was named. Although there was speculation/guessing/joking that it COULD be Mama H., who supposedly was on her way to Salem 2 weeks ago.

Also could be Aiden, a huge lab, or even Paul!!!

Well just to clear things up about where I'm basing my speculation about it being Mama Hernandez being what Rafe possibly discovers is the little article in this weeks Soap Opera Digest about her arrival. Alma Delfina says "She was kidnapped." Those are her very words. In fact I think it was in that same issue's Coming and Goings section that said she appears tomorrow. I'll have to double check to be sure.

So while yes I'm just speculating at the moment and I don't know for sure what will happen but I do think I'm on pretty solid ground here. LOL

What the blazes would John's father want with Rafe's mother?

I could understand Andre' doing it, maybe.

However, If the article said that in SOD, surprised you did not mention it in the March 21 week spoilers...or did I miss it in there?

I'm guessing that the reason for kidnapping Mama Hernandez would be the same for kidnapping Arianna; to bring Eduardo back in line. That's kind of what made me wonder half-jokingly if it will turn out she wasn't really kidnapped because if they've had her for two weeks why not let Eduardo know?

I didn't bring this up in the March 21st thread because I didn't think of it until our little discussion in this one started. LOL

Wasn't there a casting call months back for a girl who has a connection to Eduardo and Rafe? Possibly a missing sibling or a ex of Rafe's? Just figured it's been months now, so she should be appearing on screen soon I can imagine.

They hired an actress to play Blanca (I think that's her name) and she was somehow connected to the Hernandez clan.

Ximena-Duque.png

Back