The reveal of the killer was AWESOME!!!!!!

Not really a shocker, it's kind of predictable about Ben. But when you think about it, Ben might have acted this way before he even showed up in Salem. I wonder if Aiden discovered something related to that incident in Miami that Ben was involved in and if that is why he dropped Clyde and Ben as clients. Maybe Ben went after Paige due to that time in Miami when she knew him and she saw something on the day of her murder that made her call JJ to come and see her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was somewhat disappointed with the reveal. Ben is indeed too predictable. Because it had been said that the killer would come as a total surprise/shock, I didn't even consider Clyde or Ben. Too obvious. So, as I said in the Today thread, and as some others pointed out here too, I believe maybe Ben is a copycat killer : he killed Paige to further incriminate Chad. While someone else killed Serena. And after seeing creepy Dan in Marlena's room, I think it's him. Now, that, would be shocking. And I believe the actor who plays Daniel could indeed knock it out of the park, cause he was sure scary in this one scene in Marlena's room.

Dan just left Marlena to sleep and he comes back in her room not much longer later, seemed weird to me that look he had on his face and Marlena kept pressing that call button and no one was coming to her rescue. He must have deactivated it.

I think it was a dream.

Many people said it was Ben.

Oh, I know. This is not the only page I go on. I simply forgot I wasn't on FB.

I have to watch online, so I haven't yet seen Thursday's episode, but I thought it was Ben from day one. The thing is; I kept reading in different places that the reveal would be "shocking". Certainly with Ben it's not. This guy has the anger, the bad childhood, the possessiveness, and the hot temper to make him the prime suspect. If they want to shock people, then the killer would have to be someone like Kate or Abigail.

Why was Clyde running when he ran into Jennifer? He made some excuse to Jennifer, but who runs in a leather jacket? How did Ben get the gloves and mask under the bed? When he came home, was Abby home? Clyde was in all black but Ben had a blue shirt on? I know there is probably supposed to be some time lapse but not sure if I believe it that it's Ben. Ben seemed surprised that there was an APB on Chad for attacking Marlena.

At the beginning of the show Ben walked in the apartment and asked Abby why she was there, then they talked and the she decided to move. And then Clyde visited while Abby went to talk her mom and Chad. Presumably Marlena was attacked before he came home. So did he use new gloves and masks every time he attacked someone and that was his extra supply under the bed?

We have no idea as to the specifics of Ben being the killer. We have to keep watching to see how the storyline plays out.

This was the first time in a while that I watched the show live. I normally want to fast forward through those pesky commercials or am a few episodes behind. All along, it had to be someone with a personal vendetta against Chad. The vibe was never a business vendetta nor a coincidence or convenient person to pin it on. So, for me it always circled around Clyde and Ben.

I was leaning more towards Clyde until this week and things started to unravel for Ben emotionally. It's a very interesting way to take the obsessive nature of his feelings towards Abby and of his insecurities about Chad. I think it was supposed to be "shocking" in that we were supposed to think it was Clyde and that Ben's just a gullible kid. But it was very masterfully done.

I think it's interesting too because Marlena's is the first attack we've seen on-screen, so Paige and Serena's murders still feel very mysterious even though we've just seen Ben dispose of the evidence linking him to the murders.

The only thing even remotely negative I've noticed about the show since the writing team change is that there is a bit of choppiness when it comes to time, to people's movements between different places and scenes. I feel like I missed some part of a conversation so I rewind and realize that a character has went from one place another without a clear indication of a transition.

So some of that and bit of timeline problems are present here as well with Abby saying "the middle of the night", and making it sound like she hadn't been out at Jenn's right before that. But other than that, a very good episode.

This was an excerpt from a link on another thread:

"Weeks after the murderous spree of Salem’s Necktie Killer began, Days of our Lives has revealed the identity of the killer to fans in the Thursday, September 24 episode. It turns out good guy Ben Weston (Robert Scott Wilson) is the one behind it all! Or so it seems. It wouldn’t be Days of our Lives if there wasn’t another twist set to happen somewhere down the line"

Sounds like they want to get the fans creative juices flowing, keep us guessing, or totally throw us off course.

I thought it was Ben a few weeks ago, he is Chad's biggest enemy. I'm wondering if Clyde is part of the murders too.

I really believe that Ben has an accomplice. Unless he has killed in the past, I do not think he would be smart enough to elude the police. But then again it is the Salem PD and it has been done countless times so who knows?:rotfl:But I don't think that Ben would be able to carry out these killings by himself. He is having help and I think help is coming from an unexpected source and I don't think it's Clyde. :confused:

I was a little surprised because it seemed that Ben was being rehabilitated. He's been calmer, and more reasonable, of late. Or, is that symptomatic of a person getting ready to pop their cork?

Makes sense Ben would go after Serena, who seemingly wouldn't be missed by family, to frame Chad. Paige was another target. Salem PD should see if it was a forced entry as Paige knew Ben in Florida, so I can see her just letting him in her dorm not thinking he would attack her.

However. I do feel Clyde was the one who attacked Marlena. Probably to protect Ben from getting found out and in trouble. Clyde informing Ben not to leave town so it won't look suspicious gave it away. It's definitely father and son Weston duo behind this.

I speculate Abigail may even get attacked, not killed, by Clyde with her trying to help Chad. Clyde just wants Ben happy but it's obvious he doesn't like Abigail for cheating on his son, he is faking it.

Point is for ONCE the DiMeras are innocent and a victim and I enjoy seeing that.

I also speculate Clyde ends up killed by his own son Ben when Ben finds out from Jordan that she was raped by Clyde as a teen after their mother died. That would make him turn against him. Jordan did say if Clyde ruined Ben's life she would tell him and I think that's soon.

There's definitely multiple suspects that aren't Chad and different scenarios. Clyde could have killed Serena to frame Chad. Ben could've killed Paige to protect himself since she knows him, let alone both Salem University students. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

What if Ben had done a few of those red tie strangulations in Florida, thus had the supply. Clyde finds out because of the calls that came in from Florida (which Ben said had to do with gambling) and so Clyde does copycat murders in Salem. (I just find no reason for Serena & Paige's deaths, other than to point fingers at Chad). When the APB finally goes out on Chad, Ben finally decides to get rid of the "things" he had packed away from when he lived in Florida. ???

I thought the "reveal" was a big letdown. As many others have said, I'm not at all sure Ben is the killer, this time. When Daniel walked in Marlena's room it was really weird. I'm not sure of all the whys and hows but Daniel would be a big shocker. The spoilers said the killer's face would be revealed and we did see Daniel's face.

Back