The "Time Jump"

My take so far. So apparently some things never change. Three salemites locked up and if the spoilers are right and Eve is one of the incarcerated, then at least two innocent Salemites are in prison. Way to go Salem PD. I wonder if they even caught whoever did that to Nicole’s hair because let me tell you, that is also a crime.

I also find it ironic that Lucas once went to prison for Will and yet here we are. I can’t imagine he is guilty but we’ll see.

Hate that they gave yet more life to the woe is me, I am so tortured Eric show, I can see the self righteous train a coming.

Having said that, I liked seeing Chad and Abigail back. And I like that finally they are showing Jack as the caring guy he is and not some circus side show. Overall I am cautiously optimistic about the changes this time jump seems to be bringing.

Last edited:
Welcome back, MissHarleyQuinn

I think I like the "time jump". At least we don't know what to expect every day and some of the stories are new. I'm totally sick of the "Ben and Ciara" show but surely that will end at some point. I don't like everything but I find myself wondering what will happen next and that hasn't happened in a while.

I am also really enjoying the time jump! I hate seeing JJ popping pills, and I wonder what the heck happened to Haley, was Will involved? Also wondering how Clyde plays into Ben's story from prison. I am not mad that Eve has been locked up for a year for a crime she didn't commit, I am sure there is PLENTY she should be in prison for anyway. Maybe it's given her time to reflect on what a total psycho she has been for the last few years, but I doubt it.

I like that Sarah and Xander are parenting "her" together (will they ever tell us that baby's name??) even if it's really Eric's baby. Who wants a grumpy sourpuss self righteous jerk being their dad? Eww, over ERIC!

I also find myself anxious to watch now, and super involved with the storylines. Way to go, Days!!!!

In re: Eric.....In his life, he has been dealt a lot of rotten hands, people doing him wrong, lies, etc. And when he has thought he was finally leading a rather normal and happy life.....bam! I actually feel for him, and while it is tiresome that he constantly seems so down, maybe it is understandable. He is always expecting the other shoe to drop!

Besides having Sami for a twin, & her escapades....how many times has he lost Nicole, who he really loves? He was responsible for the death of Daniel, the father of Holly, the man Nicole apparently was devoted to. He became a priest......only to have Kristen drug & rape him, taping it, and then having the video shown in a church. He has to leave the priesthood. And then his brother, Brady, a good friend of Nicole's, makes it more than just friendship, then blackmails her out of town, where she ends up being blackmailed by Xander to marry him. So he finally decides perhaps he should move on, only to have Nicole back in his life, & it turns out to be Kristen.

So now he does move on, with Sarah, but Nicole does return, this time for real. He is happy once again, only to have Kristen tell him Sarah is pregnant. Who can blame him for wondering why she did not tell him. And tho he was told no, baby not his, whenever he sees it, can he be blamed for thinking "if only". And of course Nicole just feeds right into it all. But then, soap lives are just constantly filled with the out of the ordinary, aren't they? LOL I like Greg Vaughan, just wish Eric was written a bit lighter than he has been for the past few years.

only to have Kristen drug & rape him, taping it, and then having the video shown in a church.
It was actually Marlena who showed the video in church (not knowing what was on it), which makes it even worse that it was his own mother. But it was truly an accident on her part, as she didn't know what was on the video (Victor did, though, and kept his mouth shut when Marlena took the DVD).

I am liking the time jump so far too, although I have questions (as do we all)

What the heck *was* Eric doing at the K-Mansion if he wasn't visiting his own daughter? That didn't make sense, and I suspect that it was just for suspense for the rest of us.

*Are* Xander and Sarah actually together now? What made Sarah change her mind from leaving Salem.

And why the heck is Will in jail? I picked my jaw up off the floor on that one, although I knew that Ben had to be talking to *someone* that we all knew.

Ok, there's one thing I don't like - That Haley is gone, because I thought she and JJ were great together.

Eric was at the K-Mansion soliciting donations for some Horton Center fundraiser. It seems he talked to Maggie (off screen) before coming into the living room to say hi to Sarah and the baby.

It does appear as though Sarah and Xander are acting like an involved couple for the sake of Baby Horton.

If you want to know why Will's in prison, go to the summary that's dated 11/18 in the Crystal Ball. There was some sort of glitch in Australia and they accidentally got 11/18's episode yesterday. Jason47 posted a detailed summary.

I don't feel sorry for Angry Eric. Who in Salem hasn't had terrible stuff happen to them? Besides, Angry Eric has caused a lot of his own problems or made them worse independent of the actions of others. For example, while drunk driving he nearly killed three people including himself and did kill one. He's no saint in spite of how much Salem residents want to constantly claim otherwise. Sorry for the rant, but I detest characters who are propped up by the writers in any show.

Last edited:
One thing I really like about the time jump is that the storylines are not completely predictable at this point. It has us guessing and wondering what has happened in the year we missed and I like that we get little pieces of the puzzle in each episode. I already have some theories about what's happened and time will tell if they are correct or if I totally missed the mark.

Some of the things I do not like is how Princess Gina has managed for a full year to make people think she is Hope with nobody any the wiser, and it appears after reading the 11/18 summary that Gabi still has that app that controls Julie's pacemaker (when Kayla told Justin Julie had another "episode" with the pacemaker). Hopefully we will get an explanation why the people in Salem are so oblivious that both of these instances could occur for a year with nobody noticing.

The way Salemites leave their phones around...I have, from first time she claimed to have this app on her phone, thought ...........what if Ari got hold of the phone, playing with it??? Or David since Gabi seems to be living at Rafe's.

The baby's name is Mackenzie but is called Mickey for short.

I'm not crazy about the time jump but the show has also been must see tv for me this week. I feel like I'm always in suspense. Part of it because I haven't been able to access my digital SOD issues in a month and part of it because I think the show is finally holding back spoilers. I don't think anyone saw Haley's death coming.

Back