This is Us (may contain spoilers), part 3

Talk about a tear jerker last night.

I'm guessing next week will be her funeral and a lot of flashback scenes over the last six years.

:cry:

What a show.

Nice to see Dr. K, William and Miguel. Then we saw the kids together at their different ages on the train.

I've read they taped scenes three years ago that were never used until now.

I'll be taping show tonight and will watch later.

we always have to wait to watch it on hulu, so we will see it tomorrow. I'm so not ready. I'm already crying. oh, my mama heart. every emotion we mama's go through has been beautifully portrayed by ALL of the women on this show. Bravo!
I'm already crying. I'm a hot mess! lol

SPOILERS!!!!
I thought the ending was really nice. Loved how they wove together the flashback of the lazy Saturday with Jack, Rebecca and the triplets into the scenes at Kevin's house before and after the funeral. Also loved all the scenes of the various parents pushing their kids on swings, from Rebecca and her dad, up to a grown Baby Jack and his wife Lucy, with their baby, Hope, in the future.

Loved Deja telling Randall she was having a boy and wanted to name him William, after his father. Randall's little happy dance was funny.

The only thing that surprised me was that they didn't have Justin Hartley (Kevin) - or another actor - make an appearance in the afterlife as Kyle, the triplet who was stillborn. I thought maybe Jack would tell Rebecca there was someone for her to see, then "Kevin" would walk in. She'd be confused as to how Kevin is with them now and he'd step forward and say "Hi mom, I'm Kyle."

I liked how the triplets remembered things from their youth with the parents. Loved Jack teaching his boys how to shave, yes, the generations of parents pushing kids on the swings, and am totally amazed that they filmed and saved scenes from years ago, for the "final" episode, as they knew the younger actors would have grown and they would not be able to "flashback".

They really did a great job of planning out their storylines for future seasons and banking scenes with the smaller kids for the last season and finale.

as a mother longing to see her babies in heaven some day... it broke my heart they didn't include somehow her meeting Kyle in Heaven. I guess they just wanted to show what we go through here earthside....but I wanted that scene so intensely. I l liked the episode, though, and will simply imagine her reunion with Kyle as being the most joyful moment ever.

Maybe they will make a movie, like Downton Abbey did......There were a few questions some reviewers/columnists had,,,maybe they will consider it.........depending if they get the financing. I still give them credit for thinking so far ahead as they did, filming scenes they would not use for several years! Many viewers were upset that Miguel wasn't given even 10 seconds in the finale...what about him?

they didn't include somehow her meeting Kyle in Heaven.
That really was surprising since the writers seemed to be pretty good about making sure all the details of the family were covered throughout the series.

I guess we will never know until we get there, but my thought would be...he died as an infant, so would still be an infant. Although on Days, it clearly seems, as with Bo and Zack, we age in Heaven???

I remember a member on the board once said she had a son die at a young age. When she'd think about him in Heaven, she'd picture him as the age he'd currently be, while her husband always pictured him as forever the age he was when he passed. Everybody views these things differently, so there's no wrong way or right way to imagine it.

There's a Robin Williams movie called "What dreams may come"... and it talks about Heaven being correct for everyone...however you imagine yourself in heaven, will be. That no one is wrong. It's complicated...but very interesting the idea that God gives each of his children exactly the peace they need to know they are in their "perfect Heaven".

I would have been happy if he was just mentioned, not necessarily needed him shown on screen...I just longed for that mention.

A simple mention, like Jack saying "I can't wait for you to meet our son, Kyle"... just something. my heart longed to know he was there.

I finally saw the last episode. They should have shown without ads because the breaks seemed long.

I enjoyed seeing all the generations on the swings in the beginning. The shaving with the boys
was cute. Nice to see Toby with Kate.

Happy for Randall to finally get a boy in his family.

Randall finding out Deja's baby was a boy and they were naming him William was one of the best parts of the episode.

I also thought it was funny when Beth played "worst case scenario" before the funeral. Or when Uncle Nicky was talking to Kevin before walking into the chapel and it seemed like he was going to say something very heartfelt and sentimental, then he called him a jerk (he called him something else, but the board would bleep the word) before going inside, while Kevin just chuckled.

Back