Thurs. 6/19

Part III:
Roman and Marlena are talking at the Pub. Roman wonders why Eric needs Nicole's help, they have WonderDoc, they have the evidence. Marlena's not sure, she's just sure she messed things up again. Roman is sure that Nicole won't hurt Eric; he also assures Doc that they'll get Eric through this together. Roman even throws in a gentle stroking of Marlena's hands as he calms her. (I don't know if it had the desired effect for Marlena, but it made me lose my appetite!!)
Roman and Marlena always make me lose my appetite!

Part 4:
Nicole is in her hotel room, doing a Bob Newhart routine, Eric needs her help with the Ecclesiastical Board.
She tells the caller she has NO intentions of helping the good father, tomorrow, or ever.

I wouldn't help him either. He is not a forgiving man.
Look how he has treated her.
He does not deserve to be a priest again.
No compassion and forgiveness to a woman he supposedly loves!
Hogwash........I hope no priesthood for Eric.

Oh I agree, I'm team Nicole on this one. I think she was ready to help him until he shot more vitriol at her.

Also making her high school pic look like Paige was silly, Charlotte Ross (original Eve) did not look like that.
I thought they used an old picture of Kassie DePaiva (Eve)? I'm checking the tape. (I was actually shocked how much she looked like Charlotte Ross (ex-Eve)!)

It was Kassie Depaiva(Eve) but looks like they may have photoshopped Paige's hairstyle onto her

!?!?

Looked like a regular photo from the timeframe. In fact they could have photoshopped Kassie's face on any one of my older cousin's senior pictures!! I really don't think it was intentionally an attempt to make her look like Paige on the director's part.

I think they were trying to show a resemblance between Paige and Eve. So they took an old photo of Eve and adjusted it so that she looked like Paige does now. I saw other fans discussing this on twitter yesterday as well so it's not just me who noticed this.

I love Nicole, I really do......but if she really loved Eric, she would be acting much different towards Eric & his problems, no matter what his mother or sister have done or said to her. And while Eric insulted her, and she forgave him, she claims she loves Eric so much...she did the opposite when it come to proving it. Besides destroying that evidence, she then lied about it, and is now trying to blame everyone but herself for the fall out. She failed the man she professes to love all by herself.
Sorry, but while I love Nicole, she is wrong here. And so is Marlena for interfering.

To me the blame lays on both Eric & Nicole.
Each has their issues, but love is accepting the good & bad in people.
And Marlena should butt out of her childrens lives.
They are grown ups able to handle their own lives....ok....most of the time!

I just now got around to watching this episode, and unlike some of you, the first half of it was cut off for me instead of the last half. I may try to watch that part on one of the links posted here--or not. I'm not fond of watching on my computer. Either way, thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Okay, I just watched. Thanks again!

The picture was clearly an old photo of Kassie DePaiva and they had her hair really long in it like how Charlotte Ross (ex Eve) had it as the original Eve. Her hair looks slightly darker in it but they tried to make her appearance in the photo resemble Charlotte Ross' Eve depiction. Even in the flashback with Jennifer and Eve when Eve was gloating about marrying Jack they showed her with longer hair, so the writers did their homework this time.

Though I do agree on YouTube that scene (the original one from 1991-1992 with Charlotte Ross) they tried to recreate was absolutely no comparison to what they recreated but at least the writers tried. I am actually impressed by the writers finally. The show is awesome now. Kassie DePaiva is doing a great job in my opinion she also seems like a sweetheart but she captures manipulation and kind of a party girl mom mentality a bit when she interacts with Paige, which is Eve's character.

I finally watched this full episode and was annoyed at the flashback myself. Both Eve and Jennifer were "fogged" out. They may as well have used the original clip and just added new audio.

I do think the fact that they chose this particular wedding clip versus any other Eve-Jennifer clip is foreshadowing.

THANK YOU Heather4CU for that clip of the EJ, Sami, and Kate scenes !!!

They were the main ones that I wanted to see, turns out NBC's online episode Thursday stops half way thru also, plus you CAN'T fast forward through those ads !! :)

I love Nicole, I really do......but if she really loved Eric, she would be acting much different towards Eric & his problems, no matter what his mother or sister have done or said to her. And while Eric insulted her, and she forgave him, she claims she loves Eric so much...she did the opposite when it come to proving it. Besides destroying that evidence, she then lied about it, and is now trying to blame everyone but herself for the fall out. She failed the man she professes to love all by herself.
Sorry, but while I love Nicole, she is wrong here. And so is Marlena for interfering.
:clap: Thank you, Poirot, for putting into words what I was thinking about Nicole, Eric, and Marlena. Even though Eric has been judgmental towards Nicole, she still had no right to keep evidence and then destroy it which could have cleared his name, and then when she was caught, she goes around blaming everyone except the one person who is the most at fault, herself. I want Nicole to own her mistake, and move on with her life. Even if everyone in Salem still looks down on her, at least she would have done the right thing and they are then the ones in the wrong. I do agree that Marlena should stay out of it.

Back