Tuesday, March 4th

Can you not all see him working for "Uncle Mickey"? Especially since there needs to be a lawyer in town and "Uncle Mickey" isnt really there. Although I wish they would bring back the original Mickey. LOVED HIM

They do need to recast Mickey. How many times do they need a lawyer and he's not there. I believe the reason John Clarke retired is because of health reasons.

Oh and having a law degree from somewhere (not in the US?) would NOT permit him to practice law in Salem (whatever state that's in!) He'd have to take the bar there first. LOL!

This is true you do have to study and take the bar ... but until then you can work as an (non licensed) attorney at a law firm under another lawyer who has a license to practice in that state! (they would have to review your work).

That's how my brother met his second wife ... she was an attorney who moved from SC to NE - these states did not have reciprocity - so my sister-law work as an unlicensed attorney under my brother until she took her Bar exam in NE ... Bar exams are only given (2) times a year.

I read that he was being brought on as a love interest for Kate but I think he would be wasted there. I like the idea of someone else for Chelsea. Quite frankly I don't like Nick and Chelsea together I think they have zero chemistry and Chelsea is one of my favorite characters now that she is no longer the bad girl of the town, so to speak. I would like to see her in a dynamic relationship. She played around with Max's emotions too much and I just feel like she is settling with Nick because he is such a good guy but I would really like to see her in a major love story...

Chelsea sits on a bench in the park with a bag of peanuts, throwing them to the squirrels. (And just let me say these squirrels sure do sound different than the ones that inhabit the area where I live, lol) Barb

If these are the same squirrels in the park behind NBC Studios, it's probably all that smog the poor things are breathing. :D

Ahhhhhh, Dr. McStudly, I presume? I feel a little lump on the left side of my breast, would you please examine it for me? :rotfl: I can't wait to see the new guy in Salem. He's hunky!

Thanks for the summary, Barb!

Charley - I think that Chelsea and Dr. Hottie might be a cute match up too. He can comfort her if she needs to save Bo and they can get close. I vote for Stephanie and Nick, and Max and Morgan.
And Kate and John. I just loved those two together. I would love it if John remembered Kate before Marlena...*ducking as the stones are being thrown*

Tsk, tsk, we only throw tomatoes here, no stones. And if you are adept at catching them, hey...you can make very inexpensive chili or spaghetti sauce. LOLOL

LOL, as they do seem to use that park a lot. I just wish they would have not dismantled Salem Place. Maybe I should tape record the animal sounds out here in the woods, and send them to Days sound effects dept. LOLOL

Days Ahead///Dr/ McStudly

Is that him??? EJ has it all over him...No one handsomer.

Magdalena

To each their own.

Y r right Cj of course. He would need oversight. (I wish I were a lawyer - I'd volunteer!) He can't file anything independently that requires a license in the state; presumably there's no other lawyer in Salem's Yellow Pages! If there were another lawyer to oversee him, cool -- Mr. Griffin maybe? I'm not sure he's qualified since he didn't require ANY proof that John is Stefano's son! I can't see Shelle leaving if Bo's still sick or has died, so Dr. Hunky will undoubtedly save him with a transplant or something. I STILL think Kayla is a possibility -- maybe they'll find out the baby is not able to survive till birth? That would be a heartbreaking storyline that would leave her able to be a donor -- ??????

I'm all for having a new hot guy on the show but from what I have read on SC, he is way too old for Chelsea. I'm a huge CHick fan and think there is still oodles more they could do with this couple, but I would feel the same way for "fortysomething" doctor to stay away from all the sorority girls. That's just creepy.

I think he and Kate would be hot, she just resigned her contract and he's not that much younger than her.

Christain new hunk

Salem University Hospital will soon be welcoming a new doctor into its fold.

According to Soap Opera Weekly, former As the World Turns actor Shawn Christian has joined the cast of the NBC soap Days of our Lives, taking on the role of Dr. Daniel Jonas. The actor began filming his stint on Monday, February 11.

Christian has graced numerous shows over the years, both in daytime and primetime television. He played Mike Kasnoff on As the World Turns for three years, and subsequently landed guest-starring roles on such notable nighttime series as Charmed, Beverly Hills 90210, Crossing Jordan, Spin City, Shark, Ghost Whisperer, Boston Legal, Side Order of Life, Las Vegas and all three CSI incarnations. He also appeared in several episodes of the ABC daytime drama, One Life to Live To see his picture gust google his name and you will see what he looks like

............"* Becoming naturalized in another country
* Swearing an oath of allegiance to another country
* Serving in the armed forces of a nation at war with the U.S.,
or if you are an officer in that force
* Working for the government of another nation if doing so requires that you become naturalized or that you swear an oath of allegiance
* Formally renouncing citizenship at a U.S. consular office
* Formally renouncing citizenship to the U.S. Attorney General
* By being convicted of committing treason "...........

Perhaps EJ became a "naturalized" citizen of another country (England?)???

I'm not against having a new doctor in town either, but I don't want to see him with Chelsea. I'm a big Chick fan and I'd love to see them do angst & love triangles, but I'd rather it be with someone in their own age range. The new doctor looks way too old for Chelsea & would be a better fit for someone older. It figures the show would let Billie go and then bring in a single guy that could be perfect for her...

If these are the same squirrels in the park behind NBC Studios, it's probably all that smog the poor things are breathing. :D

Oh my! The poor squirrels get nuts thrown at them , and then can't run 'cuz they probably have asthma. A squirrel with asthma makes some really strange wheezy sounds. (So I'm repeatedly told. :D ) Maybe I should share my inhalers with the bushytailed Salem residents. No more funny squirrel noises. :clap:

Another big Chick fan here! I love this couple, especially Nick! This couple is so cute and hot together. There is deffinately so much more for them to do together.

The new doc is deffinately too old for Chelsea. He shouldn't be interested in someone her age. It's a shame they let Julie go, Billie and this guy could have been hot. Yes Kate would be better for him too.

hahaha, cjk, you are too funny. i think sometimes we forget about the advanced aging on soaps. ej is 11, i guess they use dog years or something. does anyone know the real soap ages of belle and shawn as well, i recall they were age-advanced about 7 or 8 years ago, too.

Shawn 21 (April 6, 1987)
Belle-15 (October 21, 1993)

Shawn 21 (April 6, 1987)
Belle-15 (October 21, 1993)

That's just too funny to me. I am glad we don't age advance like that!!!! Although, they actually have Shawn at his real age don't they? He is about 21 now....oh ****, who knows.

Don't forget about Philip born in 1995! He's one mature 13 year old! LOL!

I just watched today's episode, and thought the actors were off. The Patch and Kayla scenes make me nervous knowing that he is keeping the truth from her. Kayla isn't stupid, so just spill the beans! Loved the flashbacks! Love Patch's long flowy hair!

Loved meeting new doctor...and does anyone think that it was odd that he is Victor's godchild? How does Vic know this dude? Him being in Salem and a relative of Victor's, why wouldn't he have been brought on with the other diagnostic problems other Salemites have had? He and Chelsea were cute...not sure about their pairing though. Doc is a cutie though.

EJ and Sami confused me. I loved seeing them together again, but they usually play off each other so well and this time, I didn't feel it. Sami was really cutesy with him, while he was being so serious...usually it is the other way around. Sami telling him to be a Dimera again and looking forward to his schemes seemed a bit odd to me. While I would love to see scheming EJ again, I didn't think Sami would...seeing that she was always his target.
Maybe they both are already tired of this contrived plot.
At least Sami could just sign the papers and tell him to hold off filing them until his visa situation is cleared up. I also thought it was funny that EJ's reasoning for not being deported was because he had a wife and kids...not because he was born in the USA. I laughed. I am sure they will explain that soon enough!

Hi All. I have been reading days ahead for sometime, but I have not posted before. I have been a big fan of Days for sooo long. Thank you, Barb for posting the shows on a daily basis...you do such a great job!

As for EJ and Sami; I do not want them to stay married. I do not like the fact she married the guy who forced her to have sex with him to save Lucas...it is so wrong. I know people deserve a second chance, but not in this way (it is too soon). I want Lucas and Sami together.
Too each his own, but I can overlook what EJ did just as quick as I can overlook what Lucas did to Sami.

Back