Wednesday, February 13th

You are wrong. I am not a Lumi, but I am a Lucas fan.
It was directed toward the "rapemi" comment...that is the silly high school name thrown out there to do nothing but start crap. If Lucas and Sami fans like Lucas and Sami, that is great...but stop trying to bash EJ at every chance. Just love your couple. This is so **** old and people act so childish about it. We have gone over this numerous times! Can you take a break! Move. On.

I appreciate EJ taking an interest in Allie...(although if he didn't, people would fuss about him, and when he does, people fuss about it. The boy can't win!)...but if Sami senses something fishy about it, she has a right to tell EJ to back off.
EJ is Johnny's father and should stick to his son until he proves he is a decent father figure. Then Sami can change her mind, if she wants. I wish EJ would back off a bit from Sami and move on with his son.

Lucas is a poor example of a man/father to shoot another man in a fit of jealousy two steps from the mother of his children...not to mention leaving his newborns with a stranger.
EJ is a poor example of a man/father with some of the stuff he has done...but at least EJ recognizes what he was. Lucas is still blaming Sami.
In real life, all three of them would be in prison for something. No sense in arguing who is a better person...all of them are wretched at one point or another. It's a soap. They are supposed to do wretched things.

That's why I had asked who it was referring to. I had previously quoted that we need to agree to disagree (as stated months ago) and move on. I thought that I had upset someone by saying that.

Not to tell you what to say and all but a better arguement is to just say 'hey the show didn't treat it like rape so why should we view it as such.' THAT at least is an honest and valid point.

JMHO of course.

Jade - that is a great post and I agree with you 100%! The show definitely didn't treat it like rape. However, I have been told today that people have the rights to their opinion, so I guess it works both ways, huh? We just have to agree to disagree and MOVE ON.

We are NOT going to turn this thread into a rehash of Dec. 29th. Be forewarned.

As to them touching hands while packing suitcases.....yes, they do. I would not say sparks flew, but I know everyone will have their own interpretation. It seemed Sami does not want any physical contact with EJ.

Fudd, you got that right...exactly how John said those words.

Sorry, Barb, no intent to do a rehash of Dec 29th, but I do have a real problem with the blame the victum and she wanted it line. Having done rape counseling in my career, I have a hard time letting that type of comment fly by without it stirring me up a bit.

Jade - that is a great post and I agree with you 100%! The show definitely didn't treat it like rape. However, I have been told today that people have the rights to their opinion, so I guess it works both ways, huh? We just have to agree to disagree and MOVE ON.

Well thanks but I'm not sure what you mean. :) I didn't say anything about anyone not having a right to their POV or anything like that.

My ONLY reason in posting what I did was just to say that hey, if you are going to talk about it then please have some care in how you word things since it is a subject which, sadly, has probably touched some of your fellow posters. BUT, that was just a suggestion... at most a request. But it wasn't me trying to squish anyone's POV.

As for Lucas and EJ - can't we all agree to disagree? What I'm concerned about is John's statement at the end of the show. Do you think that he is the one that somehow sabatoged the plane? Stephano is still in a coma, who else could it have been? Maybe his mission was to kill Colleen & all the other Brady's as well!

You are wrong. I am not a Lumi, but I am a Lucas fan.
It was directed toward the "rapemi" comment...that is the silly high school name thrown out there to do nothing but start crap. If Lucas and Sami fans like Lucas and Sami, that is great...but stop trying to bash EJ at every chance. Just love your couple. This is so **** old and people act so childish about it. We have gone over this numerous times! Can you take a break! Move. On.

I appreciate EJ taking an interest in Allie...(although if he didn't, people would fuss about him, and when he does, people fuss about it. The boy can't win!)...but if Sami senses something fishy about it, she has a right to tell EJ to back off.
EJ is Johnny's father and should stick to his son until he proves he is a decent father figure. Then Sami can change her mind, if she wants. I wish EJ would back off a bit from Sami and move on with his son.

Lucas is a poor example of a man/father to shoot another man in a fit of jealousy two steps from the mother of his children...not to mention leaving his newborns with a stranger.
EJ is a poor example of a man/father with some of the stuff he has done...but at least EJ recognizes what he was. Lucas is still blaming Sami.
In real life, all three of them would be in prison for something. No sense in arguing who is a better person...all of them are wretched at one point or another. It's a soap. They are supposed to do wretched things.

Yeah! What she said!:rotfl:

Well thanks but I'm not sure what you mean. :) I didn't say anything about anyone not having a right to their POV or anything like that.

My ONLY reason in posting what I did was just to say that hey, if you are going to talk about it then please have some care in how you word things since it is a subject which, sadly, has probably touched some of your fellow posters. BUT, that was just a suggestion... at most a request. But it wasn't me trying to squish anyone's POV.

Jade - Earlier I thought the wording of a post was silly at best...idiotic at worst...and I was told that it didn't matter because people have the right to express their opinion. Okay. That's fine.

But I agree with you that there are certain ways to post AND respect other's views. Not be so quick to try to start a conflict by wording things a certain way. :)

I have this feeling deep inside that we may find out Lucas is covering for someone, but it might not even be Will. There is more to this than we know.

However we do know that EJ locked Lucas in a freezer truck and stayed quiet about it even while he "helped" Sami search for the guy. I really don't care whether you like Lucas or EJ, downplaying this incident is the real crime. JMHO.

As for Lucas and EJ - can't we all agree to disagree? What I'm concerned about is John's statement at the end of the show. Do you think that he is the one that somehow sabatoged the plane? Stephano is still in a coma, who else could it have been? Maybe his mission was to kill Colleen & all the other Brady's as well!

I was thinking that today after I read the write up. I mean, he was in the cockpit. He could have drugged them and no one would know.

ITA... I understand the board not wanting to go down the rape discussion again, but I also would like to request we not say things like this that IMO is insulting to real rape victims out there.

It is perfectly fine to have your POV and to want EJami together without resorting to saying "she wanted it." Not to tell you what to say and all but a better arguement is to just say 'hey the show didn't treate it like rape so why should we view it as such.' THAT at least is an honest and valid point.

JMHO of course.

Sorry and i apologize to all that were affended. But what Jade said is what I ment. I certainately do not condone this act. Try to remember people this is just a show. And what someone said earlier in this thread if anyone would of down anything ANYTHING, these people have.. let me re word that.. any of these charactors have done. They would be in jail if not excicuted. Thank you.:rolleyes:

Sorry and i apologize to all that were affended. But what Jade said is what I ment. I certainately do not condone this act. Try to remember people this is just a show. And what someone said earlier in this thread if anyone would of down anything ANYTHING, these people have.. let me re word that.. any of these charactors have done. They would be in jail if not excicuted. Thank you.:rolleyes:

:) Cheers. I didn't mean to make it all a big deal either. And yeah you are right... I can't think of a character on the show, except for maybe Alice, who wouldn't be doing a minimum of 3 to 5 in the local jail house. :)

I think John has something to do with the sabotage. Remember when they hit "turbulence" he sat in his seat, smiled, and said "uh-oh". Did not seen alarmed at all.

I just have a couple of questions for all here.

With all this discussion of the "relationship" between Sami and EJ, I have to ask how many of you have been raped, no matter how or why? If you haven't been, you have no real basis for an opinion on the subject. You have no idea what you are talking about unless it has happened to you.

If this post is deleted for this statement, your forum no longer holds any interest for me.

I also have to wonder what happened to all the discussion of Lucas confessing to cover for Will? Now it has been decided that the situation is all Lucas' fault?

With all this discussion of the "relationship" between Sami and EJ, I have to ask how many of you have been raped, no matter how or why? If you haven't been, you have no real basis for an opinion on the subject. You have no idea what you are talking about unless it has happened to you.

If this post is deleted for this statement, your forum no longer holds any interest for me.

I also have to wonder what happened to all the discussion of Lucas confessing to cover for Will? Now it has been decided that the situation is all Lucas' fault?

I have. And again this is JUST a soap. So let's just drop it and move on.

Whether or not I have been raped is none of your business. That is personal to me and I wouldn't discuss it with anyone online. However, because this is a cheesy soap opera, I couldn't compare the two...and if I did, I think it would be time for me to change the channel.
I do know that I wouldn't be alone with the man who raped me, nor would I kiss him, or put my tongue in his mouth or tell him I cared for him or agree to marry him. Sami must be a different breed.
Lets move on....

And blueyz - when John was just sitting there twirling his drink (don't get me started on how after that BIG jolt of the plane, he didn't spill it all) and acting so cool "uh-oh"...I thought he might have had something to do with it too. Maybe it was part of his mission to kill Colleen, then to kill everyone else who went with him...mostly Brady's. If he wasn't helping with saving the plane, I would think that it was all his doing.

We are NOT going to turn this thread into a rehash of Dec. 29th. Be forewarned.

As to them touching hands while packing suitcases.....yes, they do. I would not say sparks flew, but I know everyone will have their own interpretation. It seemed Sami does not want any physical contact with EJ.

Fudd, you got that right...exactly how John said those words.

Now that we have all said our peace...can we please respect Poirot's initital statement this morning and just not go there anymore?

[/QUOTE]And blueyz - when John was just sitting there twirling his drink (don't get me started on how after that BIG jolt of the plane, he didn't spill it all) and acting so cool "uh-oh"...I thought he might have had something to do with it too. Maybe it was part of his mission to kill Colleen, then to kill everyone else who went with him...mostly Brady's. If he wasn't helping with saving the plane, I would think that it was all his doing.[/QUOTE]

I too totally agree with idea.:evillaugh:

Whether or not I have been raped is none of your business. That is personal to me and I wouldn't discuss it with anyone online. However, because this is a cheesy soap opera, I couldn't compare the two...and if I did, I think it would be time for me to change the channel.
I do know that I wouldn't be alone with the man who raped me, nor would I kiss him, or put my tongue in his mouth or tell him I cared for him or agree to marry him. Sami must be a different breed.
Lets move on....

And blueyz - when John was just sitting there twirling his drink (don't get me started on how after that BIG jolt of the plane, he didn't spill it all) and acting so cool "uh-oh"...I thought he might have had something to do with it too. Maybe it was part of his mission to kill Colleen, then to kill everyone else who went with him...mostly Brady's. If he wasn't helping with saving the plane, I would think that it was all his doing.

I agree, whatever happened to suspending reality? Come on we have had so many unreal storylines here. It is all about fantasy, and before someone says it - no I am not fantasizing about being raped, but I don't take every episode, dissect and make it relate to my life. I enjoy the entertainment value of it. I dont like all the storylines, but I also don't delve into them being more "meaningful" then they are. I just enjoy the drama.

I agree, John is acting suspicious - and I love it!

He needs to shave that mustache!

Oh my goodness...wasn't sure if it was bugging anyone else, but I can't stand it!! He looks so evil with it and that chin hair (maybe that's the point???). I wish he would get rid of it already!! :(

I also thought it was odd that John just said uh-oh when they hit that turbulence...I couldn't tell if he was acting like he was involved, or if it was just his normal no-emotion type of response. I could see where he might be involved, but then why does he try and fix the plane? Makes things very interesting... :evillaugh:

Back