SPOILER !! Week Aug 17

Nice to see they spelled his name correctly in the preview. :)

Not according to Philip. Just after Claire was born, he was snuggled up to the hospital bed with Belle and the baby and they were talking about what they had/or would name her. Philip told Belle he had been kidded in school because his name was spelled with two ls.
Actually, you're misremembering the scene. Here is the transcript. I also have the video of that scene and the transcript is accurate.

Philip: One thing we did know, though, is if it was a boy, we were gonna name him Luke.

Lucas: Come on, you guys don't have to name your kid after me.

Philip: Well, we were going to. We think you deserve better than what you had today. And it's coming. It's gonna get a lot better. Look at Belle and I, we're living proof, right?

Lucas: Yeah, you and Belle and adorable baby "K" here, you guys got it. You'd have to name her Lucille or something. I mean, forget about my namesake. Really, it's no big deal.

Belle: Actually, I love "Lucy."

Philip: Yeah, me, too. I don't think that's on the list. Belle's all about lists. Lots of lists.

Belle: Come on, you have to do your research. I don't want anything too trendy. I would hate for her to be in kindergarten with 14 other Madison’s, you know? I mean, Madison is a great name, but I --

Philip: Madison Kiriakis, huh? I don't know.

Belle: And I don't want anything too different, either. I don't want her to have to spell her name her whole life.

Philip: You mean like "Philip" with one "L." Or maybe like "Kiriakis," right, dad?

[Laughter]

As Poirot and RS noted in another thread, I guess John will be in a hospital bed for as long as it took Drake Hogestyn (John) to film the Hallmark movie he's going to be in. But geez, another head issue for poor John? Couldn't they have said he went to visit Paul?

Man, with all the comas and head injuries John has had, perhaps Days should do a public service storyline on the after effects of head trauma. Yeesh, they just couldn't come up with anything better than a Sami going at it with John, despite the fact that Sami ALSO buried the hatchet with John and acknowledged at one time how he was her dad at one time.

So.....let's recap shall we? History has forgotten about the truce Sami and Nicole, Sami and probably Kate, and now Sami and John.

Since Ron Carlivati publicly responded to Victoria Konefal's (Ciara) departure news by telling her to come back and visit Salem whenever she can, I doubt they're killing the character.

His first order of business when he came to Days was to "right the wrong" of killing Will, a legacy character. I don't think he'd write that type of storyline for another legacy character, especially with the same killer.
Has anyone seen TPTB comments about Victoria Konefal's (Ciara) Emmy; the only one for the show this year?

I disagree. Allie didn't have a health crisis. While Sami did go at Allie, it was Allie that returned the favor and went on a long rant and went into labor. It was said the baby "maybe" was a bit early. There were zero complications during her labor and the baby was perfectly healthy which sounds like a full term baby. So it may have been time for her to go into labor after all. We just don't know. There wasn't much talk about prenatal care if any.

Allie made the choices she did all on her own. Did she want to get away from Sami? Sure. She shouldn't have been traveling the world being so far along. Allie is so set on blaming Sami for everything she doesn't take responsibility for her own choices either. They are two peas in a pod. Sami comes off as pushy to get her ways and Allie comes of as the whiny poor me to get hers.

SarahBeth: I agree but would like to add that Sami actually has TWO big problems. She thinks she is ALWAYS right and she is ENTITLED to anything she wants! She is ALWAYS right and DESERVES everything is another way of saying it. I've known and still know people just like her but she is extreme on both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think when they ask the actress to come back, she'd tell/ask them to tone down the character. She obviously enjoys Sami being so immature and always ranting at everybody in town, or she wouldn't agree to the return visits.

Indeed, that's true.

When they announced the writing team, I was happy because I knew that Sheri Anderson would keep them on track with the characters, especially those she created. Well we've all seen what became of that hope. Sheri is gone and so are the histories.

They reach back and pluck one or two things from before, and use it with no regard to subsequent character development.

So we keep going back in time to teenage Sami and old grudges that were long settled.

Link to NBC pics

Noooooooooo

3-10-600x357.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Eli's beard sure has gotten bushy. I'm not a fan of his and Will's shaved hair on the sides of their heads.

I'll be interested to get a better view of Sarah's new haircut. It's quite a change!

Back