SPOILER !! Week Dec 17

When Jack returns, shock will bore through Salem. Now the question is, will Jack be the same or good old Jack just might come back damaged? Nothing new in Salem....Since most of Salemites have lost their minds, we might be getting, "Jack the Ripper." Stay tuned folks for more craziness in Salem. Nothing unusual for this town...Just my thoughts on Jack's return.... :whack: :fan: ShaSha

This actor has always been my favorite Jack. Writing him in and out of Salem has been ridiculous. It wasn't always his desire to leave the show. The ridiculous reasons he has been forced to act out are beyond soap opera ludicrous.

We saw him push Abby out of the elevator and then the doors closed while he hurled to his death. Of course there was no body to be found; he was absconded with a hunchback mute and taken to Dr, Rolf's laboratory. Of course they believe we are science fiction morons. Of course!!! Puhleezz! Maybe they should hire Mel Brooks to at least give us something to laugh at through these charades.

Maybe with Jack back Jennifer can reunite with him since she isn't entangled with Eric or Daniel or...? But there is a hint of Eve.

Can Sarah leave now? Please not another story of her being the best Doctor around who can perform anything from brain surgery to heat transplants.

But I do go on too long, Sorry

Of course there was no body to be found
Jack's body was found (at the time). Roman and Cameron told Jennifer that she wouldn't want to see it. They later took his ashes to California and scattered them in the ocean. Ken Corday had told Matt Ashford (Jack) that Jack had been impaled in the elevator crash (which was not mentioned onscreen). But they've obviously rewritten it to say that someone else was killed and identified as Jack.

JS, somebody else being identified as Jack is very believable given the ineptitude of University Hospital and the Salem P.D.s forensics unit. That said, another alternative is that Dr. Rolf has discovered a new formula that allows him to reconstitute the bodies of the deceased persons from a handful of ashes. If true, Jenny's Spectator could run a feature article on Rolf's latest achievement under the title of "New Hope for the Thoroughly Dead."

Body/ashes found or not, it's dumb writing over and over. No forensic evidence. I sure wouldn't want to be sick or die in Salem. Bring back Shawn D because I believe he would be able to help. Ducky (NCIS) could have solved the riddle. Again Jack's initials were on one of the doors leading us to believe that Stefano/Kristen etc. were in cahoots with Dr. Rolf.

That's what happens when we get rewrites of history to make a new story "work", unfortunately.

It happens on all the soaps (or at least the three I watch, Y&R, B&B and Days, but probably GH, too).

I should get this tattooed on my face, but I'll say it again:

Jack being alive would/will be one of the least implausible things to happen in Salem. Not just because he's been dead before. Not just because his body was never shown or ID'd by family.

Not just because Marlena was possessed by the devil or half the town was hypnotized into thinking the other half died.

Not just because Will was brought back by two magic DiMera shots, or EJ by just one (after hours of bleeding out) and some Miracle Charmin®.

But because all of that and more has been used to explain when a popular character is vengefully killed off by a petty writer/producer, and a later team brings them back.

Overall I feel disappointed by the return of Jack - because we've been here too many times and when the winds change, he's chucked out with the refuse. I'm fearful.

Don't worry, Jason. Matt Ashford (Jack) will return as many times as Louise Sorel (Vivian) has said she will never return to Days and with this time around, Jack will, with any luck for me, be gone as fast as he returns. Only to return again in a year.

Days of our lives must have some strong blackmailing tactics for actors/actresses to return so many times after being written out so horribly and numerous times.

There is a difference between liking the actor, and the character they play. i.e. Really liked Spencer Tracy, but not either Dr. Jeckle or Mr. Hyde. Thought Lon Chaney a wonderful actor, but definitely did not like Frankenstein, or any of the other monsters he was so good at portraying. Really loved John Wayne, but he was not the greatest of actors, still enjoyed every single movie he was in.
The character of Jack Deveraux has been badly treated down the years by several different writers, and with different actors playing the part. (Matt Ashford was the 3rd Jack).
Yep, we all like or dislike characters/actors.....as The Writer noted, despite the horrible, nasty, evil things EJ did, he still has his worshippers, and not a single person in Salem has ever said to Sami, how could you possibly want him back alive after all he did to you and your family. And same goes for the viewers, who just brush it all aside, love EJ!
I do not know how they plan to explain what happened to Jack, but it is true no family member ID'd him. Now Jack could have survived the crash (as I read recently how an elevator with 6 people aboard survived plunge and crash in a skyscraper. ). That body thought to be his could have been some poor soul already dead perhaps, or the elevator hit him. And that person was cremated, so there is no chance of rechecking.

(as I read recently how an elevator with 6 people aboard survived plunge and crash in a skyscraper. ).
That elevator that plunged in Chicago on November 16 stopped on the 11th floor (dropped 84 floors, from the 95th), which is why they survived. It did not crash to the bottom floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the elevator on Days could have halted at some point on the way down, another cable snapped and it continued it's plunge to the bottom.

Back