SPOILER !! Week Jan 23

@Heather4CU I seem to recall Nicole being concerned about Eric's drinking that night. Didn't she even ask him if he should be driving or offered to call him a cab?

She did very briefly but then she walked away from him and that's when he chose to drive himself. I really would have liked it had the show played this beat out a bit more and showed Nicole having some guilt for not making sure Eric got into a cab. Instead she lashed at him and has repeatedly said she won't forgive him.

I am sorry, but in no way do I think Nicole is to blame for Eric driving drunk. Nicole has made mistakes in the past, heck, she still is making mistakes (Deimos being one of them in my opinion) but Eric is an adult who chose to get behind a wheel and drive while drunk. It's solely on him. I can't accept somebody taking responsibility for another person's actions. Nicole was right to lash out at Eric.

Now, do I think her and Dan Dan were the greatest couple ever ? No. That's a whole other story. In this instance, I'm just saying Eric is the one to blame for the accident, only him. Period.

And do I think there is still hope for Nicole and Eric ? Again, that's a whole other story. I think so. But it's going to need some work and some great writing. And frankly, I doubt Days' writers can pull it off. But I am hoping.

It is over, done, and different writers. BUT, I see lots of public service announcements, about taking a friend's car keys away. Nicole was concerned enough she SUGGESTED calling a cab, but did not take the keys. Yes, it is all on Eric, for sure. But, she did not offer to drive him herself, did not take his keys, or wait with him for the cab. O.K. water under the bridge. Is this why, PERHAPS, Nicole cannot let go of Daniel? Why it took so long for her to finally let someone else into her life, even if that choice is a poor one? Or is Nicole punishing herself?

Eric is doing that......future story for him will have him saying he did not return to Salem as he feels he has not paid the price he should have for causing Daniel's death.

Nicole could be, deep down, doing an "if only". We will see.

Nicole was concerned enough she SUGGESTED calling a cab, but did not take the keys. Yes, it is all on Eric, for sure. But, she did not offer to drive him herself, did not take his keys, or wait with him for the cab.

And this is precisely the point I was getting at in my initial post. The accident is absolutely Eric's fault at the end of the day however, that doesn't mean Nicole shouldn't feel guilty for not trying to stop him from getting behind the wheel. That would have been soap angst 101. Instead, we get her endless Daniel worship about how he was God's gift to Salem and medicine. Heaven forbid she have a few minutes for her friend/ex-love Eric.

This is just rinse and repeat from these writers. They take a couple they want to push for whatever agenda there is and then try to convince the audience they've had some great love story all along without any regard for the couple's past relationships. We saw it with Sami/EJ, Nicole/Daniel and now Hope/Rafe. I'm purposely not including Jennifer/Daniel in this list because they did at least acknowledge past partners.

I am probably in the minority but I now like Demios with Nicole. Yes, he is over the top a lot of the time, but I love that he defends her, he would move mountains to make her happy, and he praises her. In the beginning no, I didn't feel like he cared (for example, Xander).
While that may be true, I also think Deimos would turn on Nicole in a heartbeat if he felt it was necessary. I don't think Nicole, or anyone in Salem, is safe with him.

I still can't figure out why Chloe is so concerned about Nicole being with Deimos. Nicole would be Mother Bear to protect her child!
I agree. Nicole would put her child before anyone, including Deimos.

Claire, Joey, Jade, Theo, and Ciara embark on a new adventure together. [How could anything this terminally-dull group embarks on be classified as an "adventure."]
This has to be the most boring group of people ever conjured up on a soap. Theo is the only one I can stand and he has problems!!

I like new Jade, she seems to fit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
While that may be true, I also think Deimos would turn on Nicole in a heartbeat if he felt it was necessary. I don't think Nicole, or anyone in Salem, is safe with him.
He already did, when Nicole kept from him that she thought Chloe's baby was his. I think you're right, and that he would do it again. He is only loyal to himself.

I think they're writing Nicole horribly these days. Since when does she accept that BS from Deimos? You're right, Guilty Pleasure, he turned on her in a heartbeat, and a few months later she's in love and getting engaged? Only 1 year after Saint Dan died? I can't stand them together, and would rather see Nicole with VICTOR or any other Kiriakis than Deimos. She's lost her sense of humor and her spunk.

And finally, we get to see that ferocious mother tiger. Look out, Chloe!

1-one-Angry.jpg

Honestly, I'm afraid all the characters involved will be ruined because of the way this storyline is handled. Chloe had no right to go behind Nicole's back and try again to be a surrogate. Then, she had no right to keep the truth for so long from Nicole. And now, Nicole is completely blinded by Deimos and will make mistakes, after mistakes, after mistakes. Frankly, Deimos should not even be part of the equation.

If the spoilers are true, Belle will go against Nicole. Who knows what Brady will do? The battle between Nicole and Chloe will get ugly. Friendships ruined, characters ruined, heartache and pain, really not that interesting to watch in my view.

I just hope there is some light at the end, not all gloom and doom all the time. And I too wish Dan the Man is NOT the father (Wow ! It's true, one does hear Maury Povitch's voice !).

Heck, I'm even willing to give Eric another chance (if he turns out to be the father). But only if he loses the martyr look, gets out of his self pity mood... and shaves. This current look is not a good one, in my humble opinion.

Well, duh. Of course Nicole and Chloe will fight, because this show does not have one tiny teeny ounce of respect for women.

All women are back stabbers.

All women are loose bed jumpers, no matter.

No woman can be without a man, no matter how abusive.

No woman can be strong independently.

I'm in deep need for a change. Friendships can and do occur between women. Men leave women for various reasons and women do survive alone.

Women DON'T need someone to save them. They are fully capable of taking care of themselves, but not on Days.

I'll add to that:

--Women are also in the background. We've seen it with Marlena in Prague, Abby and Gabi hiding at TBD and with the Kiriakis men. Women are never included. Even Kate is being treated as a supporting character in the microchip story.

I think this is more of a Higley thing rather than a Days thing.

Back