SPOILER !! Week Jan 23

I understand that some folks don't care for the "evil plots" etc, but without them it would just become another version of "Love Story". I like to see some things that are wonderful, some that are horrible, some that are evil. To me it's what makes it a soap opera and keeps it interesting.

Ditto that for me too oldsoapie! For me it would be as interesting as watching ice melt.

This reminds me of when Belle, Mimi, Shawn and Rex all lived across from each other, back in the day.

I see your point but it's hard for me to connect these two groups of young people in any way. I loved watching Belle, Mimi, Shawn, and Rex. DrBakerFan gave a perfect description of the current group: terminally-dull.

I am probably in the minority but I now like Demios with Nicole. Yes, he is over the top a lot of the time, but I love that he defends her, he would move mountains to make her happy, and he praises her. In the beginning no, I didn't feel like he cared (for example, Xander).

I don't know, frankly, how I feel about a pairing between Nicole and Eric now. I remember when Deimos told all these horrible things to Nicole when the Chloe baby saga first started ("no wonder no one would trust you with a baby", "you would never be a good mother" and so on). Seriously, I found myself wishing that was the time Eric came back, to witness this and put a right hook on Deimos' face. Yeah, I was surprised, as I thought I could never be on board to a pairing between Nicole and Eric ever again.

Because Eric too has treated Nicole horribly, and that's a real problem. He accused her of rape, he blamed her for everything, made her feel worthless. So I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, IF the writers do a good job (yeah, who am I kidding?), they could hit the reset button and start these two over again, this time, by having Nicole help Eric get over his own demons. And make Eric the truly great guy he once was, not this gloom-and-doom-boring-loves-to-wallow-in-self-pity-with-no-backbone man we last saw before he left. Oh, and make him Holly's father too, not Saint Daniel.

So I guess I would rather see Nicole with Eric than her with Deimos. Not that I don't like Deimos. He's a good greyish villain. Just no to him and Nicole, period. It just does not work.

Of course, and I will say it again and again and again, Nicole and Eric would work for me, IF also I can't have my dream pairing:Nicole and Jack! Now, THAT, I would love watching.

Oh, well...

I just saw an audition tape for a male actor, Miles Forster, who, in the audition, is having a conversation with Deimos about something called Halo...some product, talk of a flash drive, and then of an amulet that Deimos claims Sonny has now, which belongs to him (Deimos). He wants it back, threatens to kill Sonny, talks of Sonny taking away Titan from him, plus something about $20 million dollars. The person who was voicing Deimos spoke softly, so I could not catch all of it.

No idea if this is real story, or just something for audition purposes. No date for the tape.

I'd hope she would be, Kt, but I'm not confident of it. She seems to become putty under Deimos' influence. Maybe having her child would strengthen her backbone though. Even so, if she ever stands up to him and should have to cross him for the benefit of her child--or for any other reason--I would fear for her and for the child. I don't think Deimos would tolerate being left by her, once they are married.

I thought Belle and Shawn were back together?

Who said they weren't? When Shawn returned he made it clear he and Belle thought it would be best for him to return to be there for Hope, Ciara and Claire.

I have a feeling the truth about Holly being Nicole's daughter is going to drag out for a long time.

I think she will find out during February sweeps and then the story will shift a bit to changing Holly's paternity from Daniel to Eric.

Because Eric too has treated Nicole horribly, and that's a real problem. He accused her of rape, he blamed her for everything, made her feel worthless. So I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, IF the writers do a good job (yeah, who am I kidding?), they could hit the reset button and start these two over again, this time, by having Nicole help Eric get over his own demons. And make Eric the truly great guy he once was, not this gloom-and-doom-boring-loves-to-wallow-in-self-pity-with-no-backbone man we last saw before he left. Oh, and make him Holly's father too, not Saint Daniel.

I'm not disagreeing that these things happened but there is more to this story. He also apologized profusely and she forgave him. Nicole also inexplicably destroyed all the evidence that would have allowed Eric to become a priest again. Eric was angry but eventually forgave her. They were on good terms up until Xander trapped them in the basement and then all of a sudden it became a Daniel/Nicole are the greatest couple ever story with Eric as an afterthought. Eric accidentally killed Daniel and Nicole was the one who didn't forgive him. She also ignored his heavy drinking at the New Years party last year. I'm not blaming her for the accident but she has plenty of her own faults.

I do think Nicole and Eric can work things out again but it needs to be a slow burn. I think making Holly turn out to be Eric's could be very soapy too.

No one said Shawn and Belle weren't together anymore. I was only asking because the wording of the spoiler made me wonder if they broke them up again. Glad to hear they are still together! Even though we barely see them :angry:

Back