SPOILER !! Week Jan 23

I know everybody loves John and Marlena, but I haven't cared for them for a very long time. Actually, none of the women, except Kayla, need be resurrected. I think we all are sick and tired of reviving the dead. If they want to get rid of someone, just send them out of town. Then, If they want the actor back, it won't be so silly---ala Jack.

I'm not over the top for John and Marlena which I find sad. I can't even explain why since I grew up with them, although maybe I never really got over the original Roman. Unpopular opinion but I'm not much of a John fan. I think I found them interesting early on but I can't really put my finger on it.

Honestly all three of these couples could move on and I'd just be sad that they weren't used up to their potential or something. I think it's probably the coming and going and the dead and then not dead that ruins it. I wish one of these older couples had become the Tom and Alice for today. Instead Marlena is just everyone's doctor.

While I don't mind John and Marlena as being some great Salem love story, I'm with you in that I never got over her being with original recipe Roman. To me, he will always be the "real" Roman Brady and the one Marlena fell head-over-heels in love with. And Josh Taylor will always be Chris Kositchek pretending to be Roman Brady. He's played Roman far longer than Wayne Northrop did, yet to this day, whenever I see him on-screen I have to take a nano second to remind myself he's playing Roman and not Chris.

The thing is....there are probably many like me, who never saw Wayne Northrop as Roman, nor Josh Taylor as Chris Kositchek. And I have been watching over 30 yrs. I did see Drake Hogestyn portraying Roman, at least everyone thought he was Roman, until Josh Taylor as Roman showed up. (funny thing was their body build which is nothing alike, yet no one mentioned it then). Anyway, Drake Hogestyn became John Black, and that is who he is, Josh Taylor is Roman.........to a great many viewers.

These days, it is difficult at times to recast, tho it is still done. Sometimes success (EJ, Kristen for instance) but long timers like Caroline & Shawn Brady, Victor K., Stefano DiMera, just seem unreplaceable. The show has not even attempted to recast Bo, Hope, Sami, Carrie.....when the actors who have played them so long decided to opt out for other pursuits. The younger actors seem easier to recast perhaps. Wish I had a birdie behind the scenes who might shed some light on the decisions, but.......oh, well.

I haven’t been watching Days as long as a lot of you but I’m really not that interested anymore. I think it really started with all the devil take overs and add in all the people coming back from the dead I just find it all so unbelievable even for a soap. Since this thing with Kate, Kayla and Marlena dying and supposedly coming back I’m regretting that I signed up for a year’s subscription to Peacock. Shaking my head!

The thing is....there are probably many like me, who never saw Wayne Northrop as Roman, nor Josh Taylor as Chris Kositchek. And I have been watching over 30 yrs.
Yes, I was thinking this might be based on when you were into the show or something. I can see the stuff with John really sticking with people. I sort of feel like that started the era of people coming and going and after so many years of people breaking up, people dying, coming back and breaking up other couples that were put together as filler, I sort of stopped thinking of any two as a super couple.

As I said somewhere else I'm sort of bummed we didn't get Kayla and Justin. When they did the time jump I was thinking they'd spend most of the next year showing us how we ended up where we were. i was anxious to see how they fell in love. Like they'd basically catch us up and get us back on real time. Yes I have no idea what I was thinking. No need to write romance if you can just revive an old one in a hot second.

The thing is....there are probably many like me, who never saw Wayne Northrop as Roman, nor Josh Taylor as Chris Kositchek. And I have been watching over 30 yrs. I did see Drake Hogestyn portraying Roman, at least everyone thought he was Roman, until Josh Taylor as Roman showed up. (funny thing was their body build which is nothing alike, yet no one mentioned it then). Anyway, Drake Hogestyn became John Black, and that is who he is, Josh Taylor is Roman.........to a great many viewers.
I'm a real old timer and I never liked Marlena with Roman (played by Wayne Northrop). She and Don Craig (played by Jed Allen) made a beautiful, professional couple. Just my old opinion.

I'm a real old timer and I never liked Marlena with Roman (played by Wayne Northrop). She and Don Craig (played by Jed Allen) made a beautiful, professional couple. Just my old opinion.
I remember Don Craig. I wonder what ever happened to that actor. I like John and Marlena - they have been thru a lot with screaming Sami and Stefano.

Back